Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Grammy Patty's clean sewing/computer room >

Grammy Patty's clean sewing/computer room

Grammy Patty's clean sewing/computer room

Old 06-27-2010, 11:35 AM

With our daughter and her 4 children due to arrive in about an hour, it was necessary to clean up my computer/sewing room as we put an inflatable mattress in there for the one grandson to sleep on and he's so delighted to have this room all to himself plus it has my TV with DVD and VHS players built in. At home he shares with his brother. This trip his brother is coming for the first time and we bought him a twin inflatable to be in the guest room with his Mom and sister. Anyway, my computer/sewing room only looks this good once a year and for their visits so thought I'd take some quick photos and share. It isn't quite the way I would have liked to furnish it but my husband was in a huge hurry to get the job done for me and I wasn't allowed time to really give it much thought. It works well so no complaints. It could be twice this size of course and then of course I'd say it could be twice that size.

Of course you can see my fabrics are NOT well organized as I'm in and out of them constantly and I was just jamming to get them inside and out of the way while the kids are here. I get it organized and then attack and it isn't anymore. (sigh) Such is life. LOL. Have a wonderful week everyone.
Patty

computer crafing supply closet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86608[/ATTACH]

Armoire for quilt fabric storage
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86609[/ATTACH]

closet with doors to give clue of size
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86610[/ATTACH]

sewing machine, TV, quilt in progress (hand quilting)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86611[/ATTACH]

My computer and armoire closed up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]86612[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-86603.jpe   attachment-86604.jpe   attachment-86605.jpe   attachment-86606.jpe   attachment-86607.jpe  

Old 06-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

You have a very pretty sewing room, I love that big window :D:D:D
Old 06-27-2010, 11:49 AM

Nice room! I bet it will be fun to mess it all up again!
Old 06-27-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by amma
You have a very pretty sewing room, I love that big window :D:D:D
Hi Amma,
You are very quick. I do too. Being very claustrophobic, one of the things I love about our new home is that I can see outside everywhere and never feel closed in. Every home we've lived in has HAD to be that way. Some are dark and more closed in but I need those windows a lot. I really enjoy my computer sewing room a lot. My husband wanted to share the room with me but I told him that was impossible so we put his computer system at the end of our dining room. We didn't feel we'd need a dining room very often so it's a great place for his computer. I have my sewing machine facing the window so I can look out while sewing. I was set up similarly in our IL home as well. When our daughter left home I took over her room and loved it but it was larger and I could have a nice comfy chair to sit in and quilt. I could put one in here as well but when the kids visit we really need to turn my sewing desk along the wall so we have room to put the inflatable mattress in there. Silly me figured that since the kids shared double beds at home, they could share a queen bed here - Oh know, they want their own space here. That's one small luxury we can do for them since at home they do have to share their bedrooms. Katie 17 usually sleeps in the guest room with her Mom (Dad hasn't come yet). Michelle has an inflatable that is in our foyer and now Michael has one that is in the guest room with his Mom and sister. He's 10 but is autistic and we don't want him roaming the house without supervision as he used to be an escape artist and we need to keep tabs on him. She says he's past that now and I sure hope so but this is also his very first trip away from home for over night. They are driving down and so far it sounds like they are doing well. They are do within the hour so decided to get these photos off the camera so it's freed up for more important photos.
Thank you Amma.
Hugs
Patty
Old 06-27-2010, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by sweet
Nice room! I bet it will be fun to mess it all up again!
LOL. Thank you and oh yes it will be fun especially since I'll be a full week without the use of the room. Even had to move my laptop out so I can use it as I can't get at the desk with the inflatable mattress in there. I could have used my husband's lap top but I send out daily inspirational sayings and need access to my computer to keep them going as many depend on them to jump start their day.
Patty
Old 06-27-2010, 11:55 AM

Thanks for the inspiration! you have done a great job! i need to get going on my whole house. i finished my bedroom and the spare bedroom. i am having surgery in a couple weeks and will be laid up, and i want the place clean! it is slow going for me, my knee is being replaced, so i am hurting, and can only do one room at a time.
the sewing room is this week!
Old 06-27-2010, 11:55 AM

You must have run around like tornado. Good Job
Old 06-27-2010, 11:57 AM

Nice room, looks well organized for a sewing room. Love the big window.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:22 PM

Your room is wonderful :!: Don't you just love your Expression 4 :-P :-P
Old 06-27-2010, 02:36 PM

Very nice! Love the quilt!