Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GrammyPatty7's 3rd and last butterfly quilt photos

Quote Originally Posted by annieshane
    Thanks so very much for sharing such a beautiful quilt. Did you design this yourself? I have never seen this design, so it must be truly from the heart. Love, love, love the fabrics and designs.

Your workmanship is exquisite. Thank you for sharing, these truly make my heart sing.
    Thank you and yes I guess you'd say the design is mine. I'm kind of incapable of following anyone elses design for some reason. No matter what, I tend to have to do my own thing and I do break all the quilting rules in the process but that's what makes my quilts mine and unique. I just love to buy a bunch of fabric and then go through my patterns and pick out patterns I want to use in the quilt and then make up the blocks. When I have enough for a panel, I get to work and get that panel quilted. While hand quilting, I'm busy working piecing pieces for another panel. I truly have no clue what the quilt will look like until it happens - it truly is a happening in progress. So glad you like my quilt; it means a lot to me.
    Hugs
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    WOW!! (Since you know what it means! LOL) That is one gorgeous quilt!!!!!!
    Rofl! yes, for me, it means there no words adequate to describe my positive reaction to something so when I get a WOW, I consider it very high praise indeed.

Thank you
    Hugs
    Patty

I love purple and I love your quilts.

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful! I am in awe!!

Gorgeous quilt!!!! :thumbup:

Wow, so pretty! I love the colors!

Blog Entries
    Another Wow quilt on this board! I love the diagonal piecing on some of the blocks. Is there a name for that.Your DGD should love it. The colors are so girl-y and soft! Wonderful job.

Oh my, that one is a beauty. I love that fabrics and colors. Perfect for a seven year old young lady. I bet she loves it. Great job.

Absolutely gorgeous, and lots of purple, my favorite colour.

Ooooo, I'm in awe! Thanks for sharing.

That is just too pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
    Another Wow quilt on this board! I love the diagonal piecing on some of the blocks. Is there a name for that.Your DGD should love it. The colors are so girl-y and soft! Wonderful job.
    Thank you Sandy. Are you referring to the pioneer braid that is framing two of the squares - I think it's only 2 as I don't have the photos in front of me. The pioneer braid or braided border has several slight variations and you can do a search for the pattern. Search for braided borders and see what you get. They are among my favorite techniques to do on a quilt. Enjoy
    Hugs
    Patty

Thank you everyone for all of your wonderful comments about my quilt. You really make my day as I do put a lot of me into every quilt I do. Sorry I haven't apologized to everyone individually but if we all did that, we'd soon fill up the space allotted for these boards. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and happy quilting to all.
    Hugs & Prayers
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bones mom
    It's hard to tear my eyes away from your quilt long enough to tell you how absolutely gorgeous it is. You do fantastic work. Your GD is going to love it. Who wouldn't.
    There is so much detail...what a geat job you did!!!I want one just like it for my GD!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ditter

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Very nice! Your granddaughter will be so happy to get a quilt from grandma!

Quote Originally Posted by Ditter43
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bones mom
    It's hard to tear my eyes away from your quilt long enough to tell you how absolutely gorgeous it is. You do fantastic work. Your GD is going to love it. Who wouldn't.
    There is so much detail...what a geat job you did!!!I want one just like it for my GD!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ditter
    Thank you Ditter. Yes, I love to put a lot of detail in my quilting when time allows but of course, the more details, the more time it takes to do the hand quilting. Keep a copy of the photo and see what you can come up with. You can do it. JoAnn's had a lot of butterfly fabrics this past year and in several different colors too. You do have to explore the entire fabric section to find them as they are in different locations. I collected my patterns years ago from my quilt magazines and always wanted to do one of these for my daughter but never got the job done until now and of course it's for the youngest of my 7 grandchildren. So glad you like it.
    Hugs
    Patty
    To get a copy of the photo, right click on the photo, save as and save it where ever you want on your computer.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Patty, You have made me fall in love with purple!!!!!!!
    I've soooooo enjoyed seeing your gorgeous quilts!!! HUGS, Sue

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Patty, You have made me fall in love with purple!!!!!!!
    I've soooooo enjoyed seeing your gorgeous quilts!!! HUGS, Sue
    LOL. Thank you. I've sure worked with a lot of it the past 2 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2