Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
How do I post pictures? >

How do I post pictures?

How do I post pictures?

Old 08-25-2008, 06:11 PM

I want to show a picture of a young gal who I taught to quilt and her first baby quilt and am not sure how to get the picture send with my message
Old 08-25-2008, 06:22 PM

Right beside the "submit" button is an "Attach Files" button. Click it. Then select "Browse", which will take you to pics on your computer. Click on your picture. Then submit.

Hint: I try to go into my pictures first, and make a copy of the picture I want to post, then I edit it with paint. I choose the sketch/skew option and reduce the pic to 25% of the original size. That way it doesn't take forever to upload and upload time to viewers is also reduced. I have dial-up!
Old 08-25-2008, 06:31 PM

Huge tip Miranda, working the picture on computer first. Also, be sure to name the picture something you can easily find again. I'm trying to teach my DH to move pictures to his desktop before posting them because finding them is his biggest challenge (he's never sure where he's "browsing").
Old 08-25-2008, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang
Huge tip Miranda, working the picture on computer first. Also, be sure to name the picture something you can easily find again. I'm trying to teach my DH to move pictures to his desktop before posting them because finding them is his biggest challenge (he's never sure where he's "browsing").
Yes, or have a special folder for "internet postings only" that you copy your duplicate picture into before resizing.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:39 PM

Thanks guys. I'll bookmark and save this for when I try again. My DH came in and helped me post the pictures of Allie's quilt. I appreciate the help. Eventually I'll post pictures of some of the quilts I've made, now that I finally found my camera cables (of course the same day after I bought a universal card reader
Old 08-26-2008, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Thanks guys. I'll bookmark and save this for when I try again. My DH came in and helped me post the pictures of Allie's quilt. I appreciate the help. Eventually I'll post pictures of some of the quilts I've made, now that I finally found my camera cables (of course the same day after I bought a universal card reader
You're welcome. Well, at least you have that card reader for next time you lose the cables...LOL!