Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I did it!! My Crumb block top completed!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Cheery, bright, awesome :D :D :D

first time i've heard the term "crumb" - just another name for scraps?? or is there more to it than that??

Your quilt is wonderful! Nice and bright and cheery! I love it!

I'm finishing up a scrappy-strippy quilt top this week (maybe) and I think a crumb top maybe my next go round with the scrap basket.

Have you noticed that when dealing with the scrap basket the scraps seem to multiply? (Like wire hangers in a dark closet?) I am telling myself it's only because I'm fluffing them up but there really does seem to be more than when I started! Argh!

Ooooooh, gorgeous!!!!! :)

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    I had to peek at it again--it's so artsy. I looked at the directions before and couldn't quite wrap my head around how to go about it. You make me want to try harder. :wink:
    Barnbum - You and a couple of other ladies have expressed interest in how to make these blocks, would you like me to make a photographic tutorial so you can see step by step, if so just let me know, and I will make one up :D

Outstanding job Miss Izy!!! And I love the sunshine filtering in through the window - makes us all feel warm and happy :):):) The colors are fabulous.

I know I have seen this somewhere, dont remember if it was on here or where, but I , for one, would love it if you did up a tutorial for us!!!!!
    Please, please, pretty please! :wink:

I just love it!!! Very bright & colorful. Nice work!! :D :D

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    I know I have seen this somewhere, dont remember if it was on here or where, but I , for one, would love it if you did up a tutorial for us!!!!!
    Please, please, pretty please! :wink:
    Right tutorial it is....I will start it tomorrow as DH is away for a few days, so I will have more time with less interuptions to play!!!!!!! :lol:

Great Izy!! Thank you so much !

Wowza!! I totally want that quilt!

Love it!Loveit! Makes me happy just looking at it.

Beautiful!! My quilting group's saving scraps! Can't wait to do a group Crumb project. Good job!

oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh love it love it, it's beautiful.

Izy
    I layered the quilt up yesterday, and used a lovely soft fleece for the backing, so with great gusto, got started on some free motion meandering....WHAT A DISASTER!! Its just too thick and heavy to move around enough, so just spent 2 hours unpicking...not easy on fleece either :(

So what to do now....??? any suggestions, I fancied doing something different rather that doing in the ditch ... :?

Hi Izy, Well hark at me giving you advice LOL . Would it be too much trouble to take of that fleece backing, if not then take it off, do some of your wonderful free motion stitching, put the backing on and tie it to the rest of the quilt. Just a thought. Good luck. Elle your boosom buddy x

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Hi Izy, Well hark at me giving you advice LOL . Would it be too much trouble to take of that fleece backing, if not then take it off, do some of your wonderful free motion stitching, put the backing on and tie it to the rest of the quilt. Just a thought. Good luck. Elle your boosom buddy x
    Elle I appreciate your advice...we are all newbies at this....I am fed up with it at the moment...so its been 'shelved' until I forgive it for not behaving itself!! :roll:

I love it. It looks great.

I love it! It's so bright and cheerful. Well done.

That is beautiful! Really nice fabrics, and I love the crumb blocks with sashing.

I personally hate using "stretchy" fabric for backing when doing machine quilting - flannel is bad enough, but oh the PAIN of fleece backing! I did do a couple this past year for a 4H charity project, but I hated every bit of it, and only did the minimal amount of free-motion quilting needed to keep it all together (and no batting). I ditto the person who suggested tying it instead.

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketScientist
    That is beautiful! Really nice fabrics, and I love the crumb blocks with sashing.

I personally hate using "stretchy" fabric for backing when doing machine quilting - flannel is bad enough, but oh the PAIN of fleece backing! I did do a couple this past year for a 4H charity project, but I hated every bit of it, and only did the minimal amount of free-motion quilting needed to keep it all together (and no batting). I ditto the person who suggested tying it instead.
    I think I might be taking the fleece off like Elle suggested, I feel like it is dragging under the needle too much :cry:

Izy
    I have made a photo tutorial of how to make the blocks, if anyone would like it please pm me your email addy and I will forward it to you. :D

ooh that is really nice. i love the cats.

Oh Izy it's absolutely beautiful! I'm putting a crumb quilt on my to do list for sure!

Izy! that is by far the most spectacular quilt I have seen! I love, love the bright colors!

Renae in CA :D :mrgreen:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast