Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I found the prettiest fabric today for a quilt,  at Walmart ! >

I found the prettiest fabric today for a quilt, at Walmart !

I found the prettiest fabric today for a quilt, at Walmart !

Old 07-31-2010, 07:13 PM

Yes, Walmart! And it is so nice. not thin or cheap at all.

I was doing some shopping and of course had to cruise through the fabric area, just in case. You never know. First I found the cutest cheater print in a seersucker. My daughter wants a picnic quilt for her car. I figured this would work and be easy and fast. Then at the counter there was a stack of quilt patterns that was just adorable. I took one and continued strolling, never thinking they would ever actually have the fabric in the pattern. To my shock, they did, and all eight in the collection. Woohoo !!!! I thought it over for a long time, at least 30 seconds and in the cart they all went.

At the cutting table while she was cutting the seersucker I was reading the instructions on the pattern and decided I was not sure I really liked the pattern all that much. I think it is gorgeous, but all the little circle-ish parts and satin stitched on. Not sure I like that look, and the thought of hand appliqueing all of them made me a bit nervous. So what to do.

I bought a yard or more of everything. Want to have enough. But what other pattern would work? How do I find a pattern that will look good with these fabrics? Any suggestions? Ideas? Help !!!!! I need to figure it out quick in case I need to go get more fabric. I do not think it will last long.

Seersucker for picnic quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12678[/ATTACH]

Lady Rose fabric collection
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12954[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-10949.jpe   attachment-12678.jpe   attachment-12954.jpe  
Old 07-31-2010, 07:16 PM

Nice fabric. Will make a really good girly girl quilt.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:19 PM

Those are Gorgeous fabrics. I wouldn't have even taken the 30 seconds to think about it. As soon as I saw the line of fabrics they would have been in the cart and I'd be ringing the bell for someone to come & cut it for me!!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:22 PM

The gal that works there was standing right beside me looking at some other new stuff she had just put out. She was laughing at me, because I took so long to deliberate about it. We had a nice chat about sneaking the fabric in or just fessing up to hubby. If I say I bought it to make something for one of our kids it never matters. He is all for that anytime.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:31 PM

That is beautiful fabric! You could do a "scrappy snowball block". That would be pretty!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:40 PM

Is this the A E Nathan pattern? I can't find it on their web site. I have bought their Quilt of the month before and really enjoy the way they turn out. Just wish we still had fabric at our wal mart. I really like the fabrics you have. If you want to check out the other patterns of the month go to the A E Nathan web site and click on the quilt of the month at the top of the page, you can download any pattern.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:42 PM

The pattern and the fabric are labeled David Textiles, INC. I went to the website but didn't find anything.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:42 PM

Those are very pretty fabrics. I didn't see those in MY local Walmart. Probably a good thing... I have too much fabric as it is!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:46 PM

I've been finding great stuff there, A.E. Nathan, the David textiles are good, too.

I posted a link to the site that had all the A.E. Nathan quilt of the month fabrics and free patterns, let me find it.....
Old 07-31-2010, 07:47 PM

Here it is:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56346-1.htm