Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I Have been Published!!

Blog Entries

I Have been Published!!

I wanted to share here because although I am not here regularly as much as I used to be.....The QuiltingBoard (QB) is really what launched me into my quilting career. It's the community that helped me grow, inspired me and made me realize there are people just as addicted to quilting as I am! ( I do not get any proceeds from the sale of these magazines...so I hope I am not breaking any rules). But I really wanted to share here because if not for the QB I think I would still be working in the medical field and not doing what I love. I have made life long friends here..I have shared my dreams and values here. So I wanted to share a major success in getting published and seeing my quilt in print. My Quilt is called " Twinkle-Twinkle" and it on page 40 of the Jan/Feb 2019 edition of McCall's quilting. They also used my quilt as an advertisement for a longarm quilting show ( I am not a part of the show nor have I ever seen it) on page 93. It's flattering that they are using my work to promote real pros in the field.
    Attached Images Attached Images

" A girl should be two things: Classy and Fabulous!" Coco Chanel
    www.charismascorner.com
    I quilt on my 2 Innova Longarms and My Gammill Statler.

congratulations, well done!

I've missed seeing your beautiful work. Congratulations on being published! Keep up the good work and let us enjoy a quilt now and then. Thank you.

Wow! You should be very proud. Congratulations!!
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Power Poster
    Congratulations ! I just used your quick machine binding with flange today, thanks for all your inspiration and the tutorial.

Power Poster
    Missed seeing your posts on this board.
    Congratulations!

Congratulations! Your quilt is beautiful and I love your story about making changes in life. It is so important to do what you love every day.

Congratulations. I think it's wonderful that you are doing what you love and getting recognition.

Congratulations. It is so fun. I entered a Fons and Porter baby quilt contest in 2007 and while my quilt wasn't picked as a winner they did publish it in a magazine. So while I don't aspire to make my living through quilting it was nice to have something published.

Congrats!! I know the feeling you get when something you do gets published! It happened to me a few times. It is just plain wonderful! Very best wishes to you for many more successes!

Well many congratulations! I remember reading your posts and admiring your beautiful work. Maybe you can find a minute now and then to post on here? I know I would enjoy that!!!
    Alyce

Blog Entries
    wow! my twinkle twinkle would never look like your twinkle twinkle. wonderful quilting in that! Congrats on your quilting being appreciated! good work

Congratulations! The QB is quite the bunch - so exciting to have you share your success with us and it all began right here
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

Blog Entries
    How awesome! Congratulations!! So exciting! Have missed your posts and your delicious quilting.
    Helen T.

Congratulations! It's a lovely quilt and your quilting design is beautiful! It really shines!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Congratulations on being published and more importantly your success in the field you love. I too miss seeing your posts. I understand you have to budget your time carefully, but am still hopeful that you will carve out a few moments for us now and then.

Blog Entries
    many congratulations!
    i hope this post means we'll be seeing more of you again.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

Wonderful! I can remember following your 'crumbs' here when I first joined in 2010... lots of inspiration to be gained by those posts, even if I will never pursue the craft as you have. That's a wonderful validation of your achievements, and nice of you to come back and post as you did. QB has been quite a bit of a resource for me as well, and has been for so many!
    *this space for rent*

Congratulations, Charismah! I have admired your outstanding skills ever since I joined the QB and I am so excited for you. May your success continue to grow and may we see more and more of your beautiful work being published.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Although some years I merely lurked rather than participated I always enjoyed seeing your work and growth in the field of quilting. Congratulations.

Beautiful! And congratulations on your professional success. It's lovely to see someone with a passion like yours doing wonderful things for the quilting world. I always love seeing your posts.

congratulations!!!!!!!

Congratulations Charismah !!! I followed on your crumbs. I have often wondered how you are and your family.
    Is your Son still quilting? I am so glad you are still quilting. All of your quilts were so gorgeous. I hope you can pop in every so often.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Charisma, I have proof in the form of quilted-by-you quilts that your work is simply fabulous!
    I'm so happy for you, but not at all surprised!

Congratulations! I will look forward to getting my issue of the magazine. I have missed seeing you here, and salivating over your beautiful quilting. You deserve the success you have achieved, and I'm glad you are doing the work that makes your heart happy. I have had the honor of actually seeing your work (you quilted a quilt for a friend of mine), and it is even more breath-taking in person than online. Please visit us here when you can.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast