Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: I needed something to do so I made these blocks.

  1. #1
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    15,937
    Blog Entries
    2
    I had some black and pink pyramids laying around so I decided to see what I could do with them. I will probably never do anything with the blocks. They are laying on white fabric just so they will show nicely.

    I made 6 of these.
    Name:  Attachment-254924.jpe
Views: 82
Size:  29.3 KB

    close up of a few blocks.
    Name:  Attachment-254925.jpe
Views: 79
Size:  32.6 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member LoriEl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Monroe, NJ
    Posts
    2,711
    Blog Entries
    10
    cjo-there's always mugrugs!

  3. #3
    Junior Member ogama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    176
    very nice i love the colors thanks for sharing

  4. #4
    Super Member jayelee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chaumont NY
    Posts
    1,174
    They look like a very nice wallhanging

  5. #5
    Super Member tealfalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Millbrook, Alabama
    Posts
    3,395
    ohhhh i love them great job

  6. #6
    Super Member mom-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,487
    I'm in placemat mode so that's what immediately comes to mind! Very nice stars.

  7. #7
    Super Member deltadawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,811
    Gorgeous !

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,941
    Blog Entries
    7
    Great blocks, cj !!! :thumbup:

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chula Vista CA
    Posts
    5,984
    They are great! Post again when you finish.

  10. #10
    Super Member CoventryUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Coventry UK
    Posts
    3,056
    Now they look interesting!!!!

  11. #11
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    15,937
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thank you! The more I look at them the more I want to hide them. The colors are so not me. :-)

  12. #12
    Super Member dltaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    1,480
    great job..I like the colors

  13. #13
    Super Member ladypetite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,652
    Fun pattern and colors!

  14. #14
    Super Member dublb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brady TX
    Posts
    5,906
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-6
    I'm in placemat mode so that's what immediately comes to mind! Very nice stars.
    I'm in pot holder mode & that's what I thought of. Christmas is coming. Who do you know that these colors are right for? One set of place mats or pot holders; one gift down & how many more to go...... :thumbup:

  15. #15
    Super Member quiltedlamb07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, KY
    Posts
    1,375
    great job, lots you could do

  16. #16
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    15,937
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dublb
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-6
    I'm in placemat mode so that's what immediately comes to mind! Very nice stars.
    I'm in pot holder mode & that's what I thought of. Christmas is coming. Who do you know that these colors are right for? One set of place mats or pot holders; one gift down & how many more to go...... :thumbup:
    I don't know of anyone who would like these colors.

  17. #17
    Super Member SandyinZ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southeast Idaho
    Posts
    3,154
    Blog Entries
    9
    Oh no! Don't hide them. It is a great start on something wonderful. Even a small quilt for a child. It would be really colorful. I know you can do it. Don't give up.

  18. #18
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    15,937
    Blog Entries
    2
    Ok I really do not want them. Does anyone want to take them off my hands. I can't ship til Friday but will be happy to give them away.

  19. #19
    Super Member cindy4857's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phillips Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,482
    ok don't get me wrong, I think the blocks are very pretty, but the one with the 3 triangles (geese) looks like a bio hazard sign, and the one with the 2 look star trekish. So to me you could use them in a really funky, wacky space type of a quilt for either a boy or a girl. My 12 year old foster child tells me pink is the "new" black and I see a lot of boys in pink shirts. Hope your not offended, I can truly see them with marshons(sp) and star wars, and stuff, maybe in the future cars and a town with them as the signs. Any how I really like the colors and the pattern you made with them.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    366
    how about coasters?

  21. #21
    Super Member TacoMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    3,277
    Blog Entries
    2
    Nice job!

  22. #22
    Super Member Arleners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stony Brook, NY
    Posts
    1,213
    Oh My Stars. Those are cute. ;-)

  23. #23
    Super Member wuv2quilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Morganton, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,927
    Look good :)

  24. #24
    Senior Member gypsyquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    481
    very pretty and it is striking against the white. Maybe appliqué them randomly on a white background?

  25. #25
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    15,937
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy4857
    ok don't get me wrong, I think the blocks are very pretty, but the one with the 3 triangles (geese) looks like a bio hazard sign, and the one with the 2 look star trekish. So to me you could use them in a really funky, wacky space type of a quilt for either a boy or a girl. My 12 year old foster child tells me pink is the "new" black and I see a lot of boys in pink shirts. Hope your not offended, I can truly see them with marshons(sp) and star wars, and stuff, maybe in the future cars and a town with them as the signs. Any how I really like the colors and the pattern you made with them.
    LOL! I love your description!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.