Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I will laugh about this some day......

So I decided to work on a little project this afternoon, and it started out pretty well. I love the fabrics, and it went together really fast. I quit when my adorable 2 year old son woke up, and left my sewing things out in the lower level while I fed him dinner etc. I went and found that he had OF COURSE gone down to my sewing corner, and left me a present....

I also found that he decided to crash the laundry detergent off the counter today into quite the mess. Yesterday he spilled a pan of (cold, thankfully) leftover eggs all over the kitchen floor, and while I was cleaning that up, he spilled a brand new soda....it goes on and on and on.... :)

So, I had to patch in some pieces with the leftover fabric. It was all I could do...

I am sure I will laugh hysterically about this some day, my Son's Masterpiece. Happy Mother's day Mama's!!!

Not so bad from here...
    Name:  Attachment-53253.jpe
Views: 48
Size:  96.2 KB

This is about all I could do, it is going to be about a half an inch short here still
    Name:  Attachment-53254.jpe
Views: 49
Size:  67.1 KB

Here is what is left of his contribution:)
    Name:  Attachment-53255.jpe
Size:  111.2 KB

He is about the cutest thing you'll ever see though...how could I ever stay mad at that face??!
    Name:  Attachment-53256.jpe
Size:  59.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Yep,that's one of those "I didn't do it smiles".

Banned
    He is adorable!!!!! Your already laughing right!!! ?? :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ahh the joys of motherhood.....I must say he is adorable and could have done a lot worse!!

Ditter

Blog Entries
    I'd call it, "Yep, I did it, and you love me anyway!" smiles!!

What a CUTIE!! :)

Yep, he's way too cute to stay mad at! I think the boy might have some quilting genes. Work on that! Happy Mother's Day!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Oh nooooo!!! I'm so sorry. My 3 yr old is always trying to get at my sewing stuff but he won't touch the scissors. I had told him that the scissors could cut his fingers off. I know it is mean but it keeps him from messing with sharp objects.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I feel your pain. Once, years ago, I was making homemade brown and serve rolls to have for Thanksgiving the next day. When they were ready to be removed from the oven, I put them on cooling racks, on the kitchen counter, closed the baby gate and went to dust the living room. The next thing I know, my 11 month old has climbed the gate, pushed a chair over to the counter, climbed up and BITTEN EVERY ROLL! So what could I do?

I served pre-bitten rolls for dinner (it was just family, anyway), stacked another baby gate on top of the first one to make climbing harder, and started getting gray hair.

You will laugh about it one day, but you will grit your teeth a few times between now and then. :)

He's adorable!!! Be careful, he cut have cut himself!!!!

Reminds me of the time my grandson took my sewing scissors and cut the toes out of my socks. I still laugh over that one. Glad you took pics mom! He is a cutie, and I can see the mischief all over his sweet little face.

I love it. You just can't stay mad at them, can you?

Blog Entries
    Oh the memories you are bringing back.... my son took scissors to his hair the night before school pics :shock: LOL

Trust me, if he is like my son, keep a very close eye on him :wink:

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY !

Pam
    Watch out for that one, too cute! The girls are going to be hot on his trail in about 8 years, according to my SIL that is about the age Colten started getting calls from girls!

Blog Entries
    Aaahhh he is such a cutie!! I love that long hair! You can't stay mad at that little munchkin!! But he looks like he is full of high spirits all boy!! LOL Means he's healthy!!

My 2 yr old(at the time) found scissors and cut his sister's hair(3 at the time). Before he cut it she had hair down to her waist. After he was done she didn't have one hair that reached her shoulders. The hair was so patchy my mom had to take her to the beauty shop to even it out and that didn't even really help. She had really ragged with bare spots in her bangs and it was really really bad! I sat down on th floor and cried. My mom laughed at me! Sara's hair grew in and was down to her waist when she started kindergarten. Needless to say I was much more careful of where my scissors were stored!!!

boys will be boys, thank goodness.

add a tiny patch and laugh.

Wait 'til he's 16....then you'll know you're alive! (Mother of 2 boys, Stepmother to 3 boys).

What a little cherub. And look . . . . he is practicing his cutting technique.

Makes me remember the time I'd finally been able to buy the 'perfect' fabric for an apron - I'd wanted it for so long and finally had the money saved (we were SO poor back then) and I was in the process of making it. My, then two year old, daughter decided to 'help' me make the apron - and cut it up so badly there was not salvaging it...

Blog Entries
    oh no, but you can laugh about it now

Blog Entries
    I was just having coffee and remembering some of the "joys" of motherhood this morning. I have three sons and oh, the things they could get into ! That hair cutting story , had that one too. His!! A cute little V right dead center! Sitting on the kitchen counter with butter smeared all over him and everything in reach , hiding behind the chair in the corner when it was time for a poop,( thank goodness he kept the diapers on!!) teaching the younger brother to climb out the bedroom window to avoid having to stay in his room, and to make mom laugh when she is mad because "she can't stay mad when she is laughing". But the one we all laugh at now is the time I was using the bathroom and they just kept bugging me, to the point they slid a pocket mirror under the door. I told them to leave me alone or I would smear their cute little faces with what I was doing. Did that stop them, or no, so I grabbed a wad of clean toilet paper, and out the door I flew, chased them screaming ( them, not me) all through the house, around the table( we did a lot of chasing around the table throughout the years!!LOL). They really thought they had pushed mom too far that time. LOL Oh my goodness, the things those boys did and the laughing about the memories we share today . It is priceless and what being a Mom is all about. I thank God that I was so very blessed with all. Now they are grown men and while they still like to push my buttons, I could not ask for better sons. Happy Mother's Day to each and everyone of you!! And KB, my middle son at age two had blond curly hair just like your little guy, and he could wrap me around his little finger!!

And he looks so angelic! :lol: :lol: But I couldn't stay mad for long either -- just ask any of my grandchildren :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    And then they say "I lub you Gramma",
    those arms snake around your neck
    and that sweet smile shows all those sharp little teeth gleeming in their mouth and they give you a big kiss.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh gosh--I'm glad he didn't cut his fingers... eek. Is he doing this stuff on purpose? I picture him running around dumping things. Or is he truly investigating? Does he help clean up the messes? Cuteness won't make any difference once he's in school.

Oh I remember those days well. 3 girls and a boy and the mischief they could get into! What one didn't think of the other one did. Tyler was into everything. The dog had a new hair cut and so did his sister's dolls. The girls gave each other haircuts. The topper had to be the day I was off cleaning up something and came back to my ironing board cover slashed in a million pieces so I could "sew it back together beautiful". Locks on a rotary cutter didn't stop him! Thank God there were no little fingers involved. I took to hiding scissors and cutters after that.

You will laugh one day and miss that sweet little smile :)
    Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Make a pillow out of it, or add a couple of borders to create a mini quilt out of it; what a lovely Mother's Day 2010 reminder that will always be lol.
    Happy he didn't get cut doing that!!
    What a cutie...wish mine were young again...my baby is 30.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast