Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
If you were my Granny.... >

If you were my Granny....

If you were my Granny....

Old 12-30-2010, 10:37 AM

...which would you prefer? :lol:

I wanted to make a quilt for my Granny for Christmas, but time just didn't allow it and I didn't even have the chance to get it started, and bought her something. So I'm going to make one now, and give it to her "just because". But I'm stuck. Granny is 78 and I'm sure she would love anything I made just because I made it for her...but I have too many options and don't know what to do. LOL

I'm making a single irish chain lap quilt. Traditionally, they seem to be just two contrasting colours...Below are my options. One of them is a collection of coordinating FQ's I have that I'd use either each in separate 9P's or all of them in one...I don't know...

A-
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150137[/ATTACH]

D-
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150138[/ATTACH]

C-
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150139[/ATTACH]

B-
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150140[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-150132.jpe   attachment-150133.jpe   attachment-150134.jpe   attachment-150135.jpe  
Old 12-30-2010, 10:39 AM

What's her color favorite? I had one granny that hated yellow and the other loved it. One was into contemporary designs, the other was into old fashioned......... :)
Old 12-30-2010, 10:40 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

i like the second one.. I like swirlies..
Old 12-30-2010, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
What's her color favorite? I had one granny that hated yellow and the other loved it. One was into contemporary designs, the other was into old fashioned......... :)
I don't know... :( Her home decor seems to have a bit of everything. Any of these colours would fit. The purple, I think, would be the most out of place, I suppose.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:42 AM

I like the FQ's in the last picture best. They seem to fit what I would think an grandmother would appreciate more.

I love that you're going to give it to her "just because" and you already know she will love what ever you make for her.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:43 AM

how nice
Old 12-30-2010, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
I like the FQ's in the last picture best. They seem to fit what I would think an grandmother would appreciate more.

I love that you're going to give it to her "just because" and you already know she will love what ever you make for her.
The FQ's were my first choice. Then as I was browsing, I noticed the others, lol. I don't have a huge stash, but I have enough to have several ideas for the same project and be stumped on what to use! LOL
Old 12-30-2010, 10:49 AM

I go for B - I like white contrast in Irish Chain & the other fabric matches my hair well - curly & grey!

I think the last ones are too dark - a granny needs something light & airy!
Old 12-30-2010, 10:53 AM

this granny (not quite that old yet) would love the dark fabs in the last foto paired with a creamish TOT.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by mommamac
I go for B - I like white contrast in Irish Chain & the other fabric matches my hair well - curly & grey!

I think the last ones are too dark - a granny needs something light & airy!
The light fabric is the same in all four pictures. It looks brighter white in the second and third pics, maybe the flash was closer, but it's a creamy/off white colour. The first picture is closer to the actual colour of the fabric.

But yes, the curly grey matches Granny too! And light and airy is exactly why I picked the first two out...they give me a more "relaxed" kind of feeling. More subtle contrast.