Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese Fan Quilt Hand quilted

Oh my oh my oh my beautiful.

Beautiful quilt. Love the pattern and colors. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for all your wonderful comments. I am going to use it on the guest room for a while till it gets cool enough to need it.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Gorrrrgeous da'rlin'!!! I love the finished look! I can see some of your lovely hand stitches and you know I love the machine designs. I still don't know how you got the thing done in that heat....You know you need to find a really great hiding spot for when you have "certain" guests come visit...certainly the guest room will NOT work!

Breathtaking!

Blog Entries
    and a beautiful one at that

STUNNING!! You did a fabulous job on the quilting too!!

Thanks again for your lovely comments everyone. My fingers are just starting to heal. Canīt wear a thimble just gets in the way, push the needle through with the reel of thread, Oh yes I am very technical LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Gorrrrgeous da'rlin'!!! I love the finished look! I can see some of your lovely hand stitches and you know I love the machine designs. I still don't know how you got the thing done in that heat....You know you need to find a really great hiding spot for when you have "certain" guests come visit...certainly the guest room will NOT work!
    Patti, you know who will have a job to pinch this one LOL its going to be chained to my bed.

:-D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Elle this is fantastico! And I don't envy you with that draped all over you in a Spanish summer! Must have been like having a sauna at the same time! LOL

PS regarding the thimble - I had the same thing and hated thimbles til I tried this one http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk/acatalog/thimbles.html scroll right down, it's called Roxanne's thimble. It's really comfortable, I even gone off to the loo and forgot I was wearing it! Luckily haven't dropped it down there yet. :mrgreen:

Beautiful quilt...fantastic fabric selection and done so quickly! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation.

PS I like the look of the Roxanne thimble...I had a very comfy Japanese made leather and coin thimble...unfortunately the dog ate it when he was a puppy (death to the thimble...but puppy survived!).

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Elle this is fantastico! And I don't envy you with that draped all over you in a Spanish summer! Must have been like having a sauna at the same time! LOL

PS regarding the thimble - I had the same thing and hated thimbles til I tried this one http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk/acatalog/thimbles.html scroll right down, it's called Roxanne's thimble. It's really comfortable, I even gone off to the loo and forgot I was wearing it! Luckily haven't dropped it down there yet. :mrgreen:
    Thanks Kathryn for that link havenīt seen that before will have a go, however I am never ever ever ever going to quilt a whole quilt again I am going to use the quilt as you go method, Especially for my Dear Jane quilt.
    Yes it was like being in a sauna I did it mainly in the early morning or late evening but it was still hot and I developed a heat rash which was horrible.
    thanks for your love comments.

Quote Originally Posted by earthwalker
    Beautiful quilt...fantastic fabric selection and done so quickly! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation.

PS I like the look of the Roxanne thimble...I had a very comfy Japanese made leather and coin thimble...unfortunately the dog ate it when he was a puppy (death to the thimble...but puppy survived!).
    As for selecting the fabrics I didnīt, truly I didnīt. I was donated by a dear friend on this board nearly all of those materials so I just stuck my hand in the box and pulled out a fabric. It really worked and I then put the ones together that looked best.
    One of my dogs when she was a puppy, loved cotton reels to chew,and I wonīt tell you how many reels she has ruined. She looks now but darenīt touch, so each time she doesnīt touch she is told what a good girl she is and made a real fuss of.

I can see why you want to keep it, its stunning.

Beautiful. I have been working on a hand quilt for a king size bed for 20+ yra. Of course it has been stored for much of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by grandme26
    Beautiful. I have been working on a hand quilt for a king size bed for 20+ yra. Of course it has been stored for much of the time.
    The only reason this one got done so quickly is I plan to show it at our Clubīs annual show. It spurred me on so to speak.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Wow! Your quilt is really beautiful, you can be proud of yourself!

AWESOME JOB.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh, Elle, It's beautiful!

Thanks so much Quilts w Convicts, perhaps your students would like to have a go. I also have a couple of patterns I could send you that really would be suitable.

Elle

Exquisite. Oh so beautiful

Blog Entries
    Oh Elle that is fabulous, continue to practice hand quilting ,as you all told me about the pp on the baby jane,it will get easier. lol.jolo

Quote Originally Posted by jolo
    Oh Elle that is fabulous, continue to practice hand quilting ,as you all told me about the pp on the baby jane,it will get easier. lol.jolo
    Now thats whats called famous last word, or words to come back and bite me LOL

Elle

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Ahem! I KNOW you aren't referring to me! lol

Elle, it's gorgeous! You did a magnificent job and it's beautiful!
    There's no way I would pinch that one from you. I know how long you worked on it and the "aches and pains" that are associated to it. It's yours dear, all yours. I might want to cover up with it tho. lol

Great job and great placement of color! Love the Japanese Fan pattern! Way to go!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast