Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: labrynth walk quilt top done

This is such a neat looking quilt! I would love to make this one for my son who is planning to move out this year and get his first apartment.

I'll first check through my old quilting mags to see if I have it, but for anyone else who is looking I finally found the pattern available on-line at Bear Creek Quilting Company. I'm really excited about this pattern! https://www.bearcreekquiltingcompany...abyrinth-walk/
    Christy
    Starting the year out fresh

Great job! It looks perfect.

lue
    I've had this on my to do list for a few years. I think I'll tackle it at our quilt guild retreat this year. Yours is LOVELY!

Blog Entries
    fabulous quit, and great colors too!
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I want to do that quilt

You did a great job!!

QM
    You did a good job.

Questions

I saw this on my singer face group page with no info. I like to know was it hard to assemble?

Quote Originally Posted by phusker5 View Post
    Finally got the top finished now to get the backing ready ( I want to do something different) and then get it quilted.

I'm trying to figure out how to make the labyrinth walk bigger too and make a rectangle instead of a square. Did you find a way to make yours bigger?

Blog Entries
    This quilt pattern has been available as a stand alone pattern for a long time, I made my first one 2 years ago. The magazine pattern has errors- if following that one be sure to visit their website & find the corrections. It is Not a difficult pattern , all straight line sewing. Organization is the most important part. I used ( post-it flags) to keep everything organized, cut & laid all strips out in order & double/ triple checked as I went along. It really wasn't hard. Just have to pay attention, lay out each square as you make it. When I quilted mine I combined stitch in the ditch, cross hatch and pebble quilting. Took a long time to quilt but well worth it. The picture I posted is with it on my queen sized bed. It was gifted to someone with a full sized so has a bit more overhang than on my bed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ckcowl; 05-22-2016 at 08:47 AM.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I love it!

mim
    thank you for showing us -- and especially for the helpful hints about post it notes. I think I will try it as a wall hanging. I've always wanted to tackle it.

Mim

Wow. Love the depth feel to it! Nice work.
    Shannon

The directions are very hard to follow. He says to to draw a line across square blocks, then "sew on the drawn line." Just sew? or sew something together? Sew to what side of a strip? the bigger triangle, or the smaller triangle? What a mystery! Add to that, the diagrams do not match the directions. Once I sew the triangle on there, the next drawing shows it in a different position! Very aggravating

Blog Entries
    Love this type of quilt with a 3D illusion - your's is fabulous
    Valerie

Blog Entries
    What pattern are you trying to follow, the magazine or the commercial pattern from ( The Guilty Quilter)? Sorry you are having problems. My pattern was very easy to follow. Organization was necessary. I used Post-It Flags and laid everything out in order identified with the flags. Once I had all the cutting done and laid out it was pretty straight forward piecing the blocks. Maybe you could take pictures & let us know what step you are on & we can help. It does help to compare to the pictures too in order to make sure you get things in the right direction.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara777 View Post
    The directions are very hard to follow. He says to to draw a line across square blocks, then "sew on the drawn line." Just sew? or sew something together? Sew to what side of a strip? the bigger triangle, or the smaller triangle? What a mystery! Add to that, the diagrams do not match the directions. Once I sew the triangle on there, the next drawing shows it in a different position! Very aggravating
    Oh, Never mind! It turned out I was given the wrong directions! Once I got the right ones, it went together well, I think there are still 3 borders to put on but the middle is doneName:  Labyrinthquilt.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  1.40 MB

Power Poster
    This is different because of the fabric choices. Nicely done.
    "Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late".

Benjamin Franklin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4