Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: At last, my family reunion quilt is finished

I understand her crying...it really is a stunning quilt and great memories.
    Beth

Blog Entries
    [/i]What a wonderful sister you are and the quilt is oh so pretty

My sister died a year ago in March. I would like to make her daughter a quilt like your's. Would you post the pattern directions. Thank you

That is such a lovely idea. I really like that very much

Elle

Blog Entries
    Weste, I used the double irish chain pattern. In the light colored center blocks I machine appliqued the pictures on. Also, at the bottom of each picture I appliqued their names and their childrens names. Like Charlie married Anna Marie Children: Lisa, Sam etc. If you don't have the double irish chain pattern I will be glad to p.m. you with it or send it to you in mail or e-mail. However you are most comfortable with. It is really a very easy pattern and so easy to quilt. You can put anything in the blocks. I just scanned pictures on my computer and printed out the things I wanted on each block then appliqued them on. So simple. That is the most inexpensive way. The other way ios to take your pictures and blocks to a copy place and they will put them on for you but it cost from 2 to 4 dollars a block.Let me know if you need the pattern.

Thank you. I have made the dbl n triple. The pics are what scare me. But I do want to make this for her daughter.

Blog Entries
    Remember you can always have them done at a place like Sure Copy. You can also go to Wal-Mart's in the computer section and they have some stuff you can print your pictures out on and then iron on the transfers. It will be ok. They are about 12.00 for 10 sheets I think.

Or you can just copy the pictures directly onto the special fabric that is paper backed or print them out on your computer.

Blog Entries
    What a beautiful quilt and what a great idea for a reunion. I've never heard of that before.Your sister is lucky to have her sister.

[quote=#1piecemaker]We had a family quilt at our last reunion and when my sister lost the bid, she cried. I told her not to worry. We would make one. I made it and gave it to her yesterday. She was sure surprised. [/quoIe]I would love to do this for each of my kids, what is the name of the pattern and how do you put the pictures in? I love the color of this. What a beautiful sister you are. I have three sisters and our baby sister is spoiled too. We grew up as sisters and are now best friends. Thx for sharing.

Blog Entries
    lgeorge, I used the double irish chain pattern for the quilt. I printed the pictures out on a piece of material then machine appliqued it on to the center plain block. I want to do one next inside the double wedding ring. You can be really inventive using your computer and scanning anything else you want or just printing something saved as a word document. (Like favorite poems, short stories about the family. When I do mine I have a wonderful story about my aunt that I am going to put on there. Good luck on your quilt. This is a very easy pattern to work with and to quilt. You'll have it finished in a breeze!

your reunion quilt has inspired me to try something for my husband. We will be married 50 years in Oct. 2010 and i would like to make a 50 year quilt for him with pictures of his family, my family and our family, we have three sons and eight grandchildren(granny8). Could you tell me where to find the pattern for your quilt..... i really would appreciate it...thanks so much...donna

Please be patient with me, i may be a granny but am a little new at quilt patterns....where do i find the Irish Chain Pattern....thanks so much donna

Blog Entries
    there are lots of site on line with free quilt patterns quilterscache.com is one and McCalls has a site also. I have a book that has single , double, and triple Irish chain patterns I bought years ago and like it cause it gives yardage which has always been a challenge for me

Blog Entries
    It is a very common pattern and in most quilting books. If you can't find it, let me know I would be glad to send it to you or e-mail it.

What an awesome gift you gave her!! You are a very sweet sister.

How beautiful - a true heirloom to be cherished forever!

Quote Originally Posted by weste
    Thank you. I have made the dbl n triple. The pics are what scare me. But I do want to make this for her daughter.
    I made a memory quilt for my granddaughter's high school graduation. For the pictures, I brought muslin to Sir Speedy and they copied the pictures right onto the fabric. They spaced the pictures so that I would have room to do the cutting. The quilt has been washed and the pics are doing fine.

what a perfectly lovely quilt, and a "someday" project for many of us.
    I too, am intimidated by the whole pictures on fabric thing. Don't think I could do it myself with this printer. Colors are not quite right.
    Thanks so much for this post. I had five brothers so your doing this for your sister really touches my heart. :-)

Blog Entries
    nice quilt
    great idea

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt and a wonderful thing you did for your sister.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

That is beautiful. I need to make one of these for my parents.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    What a special sister you are. God bless you. Lovely quilt. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Nicely done. You are a good and generous sister.

Just lovely, great job and thank you for sharing. What a great sister you are.
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast