Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mindless Scraps and Crumbs 2

The quilt is called Cinnamon and nutmeg and the fabrics have that color (picked by my GF, who got tired of working on it). Each block features scrappy triangles and a scrappy four patch block centered in a blue frame. Then you finish each block in another frame from the 15 fat quarters.

The name of the book is: More Laps from the fats. The quilt size is 67 1/4 by 67 1/4. It's a cute quilt and the book has several more quilts for scraps.

Blog Entries
    I painted my front porch using much the same technique. So much fun. Your scraps are beautiful, can't wait to see your no brainer project!

Lovely quilt.
    I have to ask, and I'm sure it will be something silly, I've been looking at the picture, do you have a chair on your wall? up in the right hand corner?

At first I thought you took the picture with the top on the floor but as I scrolled down it looks like your sewing machine is in the lower left corner.

I confuse easily and get fixated on the strangest things.

Quote Originally Posted by charity-crafter
    Lovely quilt.
    I have to ask, and I'm sure it will be something silly, I've been looking at the picture, do you have a chair on your wall? up in the right hand corner?

At first I thought you took the picture with the top on the floor but as I scrolled down it looks like your sewing machine is in the lower left corner.

I confuse easily and get fixated on the strangest things.
    I had to go look lol...I have some bentwood boxes up there and all kinds of wood pieces for when I get in the painting mood.....

I got sidetracked today from my S and C quilt project because I was reading the board and someone was making Microwave bowl mitts and I just had to join and make a couple lol.

Oh, it's a cabinet with stuff on top. Now I see. How silly of me. But honestly when I first looked at it, it looked like a small wood chair was hanging up close to the ceiling. LOL

Ok I,m back on track. I scrapped the first arangement and did this one. I hope I can get another section done today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's fun to see what you're creating!

Ok, I got some more done. I build my stairway to heaven first and then I am going to built around it.

I built the left side. Then the right side. I haven't trimmed as I don't know what the other will be yet.

I place the second part under the first and was going to leave it there but then decided to put a black strip and I like that or I'm not sure yet...what do you think?

Stairway to heaven
    Name:  Attachment-241990.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  49.3 KB

Left side of stairway
    Name:  Attachment-241991.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  50.5 KB

Right side of stairway
    Name:  Attachment-241992.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  65.6 KB

Blog Entries
    If it's to be a StoH-the black strip blocks the stairs. What if you piece that long vertical black strip with another stair, then insert it between the blocks

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad
    If it's to be a StoH-the black strip blocks the stairs. What if you piece that long vertical black strip with another stair, then insert it between the blocks
    There will also be side streets to heaven hahahahah....the black strips are also streets, only the are paved. See the steps on the right of the top block? and side streets on the right of the bottom block? Once you go up the STH, then you have to find more streets or stairs lol....I not going to make it easy..lol...now I am challenged hahahahahah

On the left of the bottom block, you will see some winding roads, if you go on them, you must be careful because on the left is a big drop into those steeples.

I love your scraps. It's like a kid looking at candy. haha I'm drooling on the keyboard.

Your floor is awesome!

I think I will put a step there like you said, I am just seeing it in my mind.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf
    On the left of the bottom block, you will see some winding roads, if you go on them, you must be careful because on the left is a big drop into those steeples.
    Yup I saw the streets in upper right; also think the jagged edges of those steeples might cause some pain--this is like a game of Chutes and Ladders! Good night G

Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf
    Yup I saw the streets in upper right; also think the jagged edges of those steeples might cause some pain--this is like a game of Chutes and Ladders! Good night G
    I put the extra stair in Oksewglad, and I'm glad you suggested it, I really like it. I add another piece of white and your eye goes right to it, you can miss the way lol...I'm going to bed now too, enough for today lol......

working on a scrappy UFO behind my Viking
    Blog Entries
    U have great scraps

This is a trick question lol. What do you think this block is going to be? lol

this is actually the start of the block
    Name:  Attachment-242234.jpe
Views: 49
Size:  46.4 KB

Blog Entries
    The fires of hell and damnation?

The fires of hell and damnation?

hahahaahha....but I have steps everywhere so you don't have to fall in the pit and if you do, I have some levels in there to escape to, to the road outside lol.....

I can't believe I have that piece of fabric. That scrap came from my scrap pile...most of the other scraps are from my friends...these are mostly from Sandy and Elaine lol.

Fantastic floor! Very unique and creative!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa
    Fantastic floor! Very unique and creative!

Thank you. I should make a thread just for the floor. lol

Anyway, I had to take a break. I needed to cook and I am making cook-up and it's almost done. For those who want to know what that is.....cook some chicken parts that have been washed in venigar...season with salt, BP. and italian herb seasoning, worchesterchire sause and brown all the pieces....throw in lots of onions and green pepper and a plug of garlic. I have a great seasoning that is called recardo and I delute some of that in there too with a little water or just add a little water so it can cook slowly.

In another pot cook some rice with green peas season to taste.
    Shred about 5 to six carrots and set aside.

When everything is done, debone the chicken, pour the chicken and gravy into pot of rice and add the raw grated carrots and combine, cover and let the steam cook the carrots about 20 min or less...it has such a lovely flavor....

When t

I have finished the first double block and no more is getting added to it. I have finished the pit lol but it still will get more....but I have to stop here because of the roads, streets, and steps.

I can't finish those until I make heaven lol, in abstract, of course. I need some input. I may need a block that would depict heavenly something...I can't think of a block right now as my mind just sees roads.

The pit so far has three chimneys of fire, in between the chimneys are chambers with levels where one can escape, we are free spirits afterall and nothing can hold us for long lol. I somehow think I got the idea from, "Dante's Inferno"...I don't know how I got so inspired for this quilt lol.

If the idea for heaven doesn't come to me, I will have to quit and dream on it overnight and then I won't sleep and I do so want to continue.

The pit is a block shape that I had to draft, it's a sew as you go kinda deal lol.

block one is done, I added more side streets etc.
    Name:  Attachment-242368.jpe
Views: 51
Size:  78.2 KB

the pit so far....
    Name:  Attachment-242369.jpe
Views: 107
Size:  43.5 KB

Very cool

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast