Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mindless Scraps and Crumbs 2

Yes, I like to do the same thing! It's fun and relaxing.

Ok, paradise came to mind just now. I will work on that until the heaven comes to me lol.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf
    Ok, paradise came to mind just now. I will work on that until the heaven comes to me lol.....
    I like the reverse arch and the underbelly of hell. What about an arch for the celestial splendor of heaven. See I told you I think symmetrically!

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad
    I like the reverse arch and the underbelly of hell. What about an arch for the celestial splendor of heaven. See I told you I think symmetrically!

Yes and arc for heaven with lots of rays....

No new block today, I cooked and straightened the house a bit, did odds and ends and you know how the day can go. It's already 8.55pm. Tomorrow I go witht he girls for our usual doll day. If I feel up to it in the afternoon, I will start something. I have something in mind. I might do a little now before bedtime.

Great idea.

Blog Entries
    No new block today, I cooked and straightened the house a bit, did odds and ends and you know how the day can go. It's already 8.55pm. Tomorrow I go witht he girls for our usual doll day. If I feel up to it in the afternoon, I will start something. I have something in mind. I might do a little now before bedtime.
    Sometimes the quilt pot has to "simmer" just a bit!

Sometimes the quilt pot has to "simmer" just a bit!
    I did not go to bed. Hubby came into the studio and started to play on the computer and since I had company....and an inspiration came all of a sudden...

I already knew at the moment what I was going to do...the eye of God came to mine and a triangle started to form. I use the same fabric I used to make Elli the baby elephant some time ago. The fabric has a sort of eye in it. then I made the crown and now I am getting ready to fill it the large block...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    This is so funny (not haha) to me. In the church I attended as a child one of the stained glass windows had a triangle with an eye in the center. Outer border was red glass and then rays spreading out from the triangle. As you have been working on this that childhood image sprang to mind!
    In the late afternoons when clouds scatter the horizon and the sun's rays send streaks of light down I think of that window.
    I am so impressed at how you can take images and interpret them into fabric. It is a skill I wished I possessed.

This is so funny (not haha) to me. In the church I attended as a child one of the stained glass windows had a triangle with an eye in the center. Outer border was red glass and then rays spreading out from the triangle. As you have been working on this that childhood image sprang to mind!
    In the late afternoons when clouds scatter the horizon and the sun's rays send streaks of light down I think of that window.
    I am so impressed at how you can take images and interpret them into fabric. It is a skill I wished I possessed.
    What helps me also is that I also paint. I am also a folk artist and have painted a lot. I used to do craft shows. When I work with fabric it"s just as if I have a paint brush and I am painting, only I am using the fabric as paint and the fabric is so much prettier lol.....

Blog Entries
    That explains a great deal!

Ok just checking in with a little. I had to go out in this immense heat to grocery shop lol....I also went to Target and got me one of those, "Walk Fit" that is being touted so much on tv.

I heard that when they first came out, they sold for about 200.00 dollars....you can find all sorts of prices on the web but Target had it for 20.00 and no shipping and they are right besides Puplix where I do grocery, so it worked...

They didn't have my size 6 and the size 8 looked exactly like the size 6 in Dr Scholl's. I got it and put it in my sandal and I really like it. It rolls a bit forward when you walk so you don't put a lot of pressure on you heel and that is exactly what I need. I am pleased. I got the newer one, the silver one, it has a heel pad ..

Ok on to the quilty stuff. I played with three different blocks and then I will build on those. I put in some houses for the sinners so they can repent before they venture out lol....

I intend to make some very tall turetts to go to the end of some blocks....I kinda like the housey effect. I have to do lots more to these sections. I thought I would just let you have a look-see as I go along.

Wow greatjob,love it

Blog Entries
    Love your block and your floor too :D:D:D

Ok, I'm at this stage. I have placed the sections, the way they are going to be sewed together. As you can see, I still have lots to do in each section. The quilt will be about 60x60 or less after I finish putting steps or ladders all around it.

Power Poster
    Oh Rosy, you are such a talented lady! Your quilt wall is coming alive! I really like it! And I love your floor! :)

Blog Entries
    I really see a stained glass look to this

I really see a stained glass look to this
    It does, doesn't it? I made a window and door shade that way and in the morning with the sun you can see the stain glass effect. It makes for such a creative day when you have that to look at first thing in the morning.

If I ever change my drapes in the house I will consider this effect.

Blog Entries
    You are a lady of many talents.

It's been taking some time now since it is no longer mindless lol, but enjoyable all the same, as I am enjoying the journey.

I had three intricate blocks to do, that I wanted to be the center of the next sections. I looked through my BB encyclopedia for blocks and pulled them into EQ and made paper piecing. I couldn't do all PP, some parts had to be pieced and some had templates and they took all day to make. I have the cross the church and the dove and have placed them the way they will go in the sections.

The middle section is fininshed except for the final border. The right section has it's last block to work around and so does the the left section....

The middle section took some rummaging around in my stash as I couldn't find what I wanted in the scraps. I will have to take a close-up of that section so you can see it properly.

If you go to my blog of dolls and quilts you can click on the pic and click again and see a larger image.

The middle is halfway between the two poles lol, I will let you interpret it youselves.
    Name:  Attachment-244893.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  97.5 KB

The cross and the church
    Name:  Attachment-244894.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  84.8 KB

I thought you might like to see how that bird came together lol...

It's a bit confusing without a pattern map.
    Name:  Attachment-244902.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  37.5 KB

It's easy once you can see what goes where and those pieces have to be pieced in sections and then joined together
    Name:  Attachment-244903.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  36.3 KB

Lots of set-ins, but there you have it
    Name:  Attachment-244904.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  36.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Rosy, Rosy I am so in awe. Fabric selections are fantastic--the dancers in the center, the mosaic in the dove background. Love it

Looks like fun!

The top, all done. I am debating piano keys all the way around but will see how I feel about it to morrow....

QM
    Good thinking on the floor.

Marvelous crumb usage, a lovely quilt. Piano keys would work well, IMHO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast