Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Flip Flop Tote Bags

Hi all!!
    So I have been sewing my little heart out the last few weeks and getting more fabrics and supplies for my flip flop tote bags!! I had no idea how popular they would be!!! I am getting orders before they are made now!! woo hooo!!

I will be making another 3 over the next few days for future sales. I am having sooo much fun looking for fun fabrics and embellishments!!! I went to Michaels the other day and found a HUGE bag of funky buttons!!! ooh and I picked up more ribbons too :) I am getting people asking if I will be doing these bags for other seasons and yes I will be!!! I am working on some ideas now. I will be drafting up some fall/autumn ones soon

Anyway, I just wanted to share my latest bags!

Cheers!

Pretty in Pink.. err well more rosey than pink :)
    Name:  Attachment-9878.jpe
Views: 95
Size:  84.5 KB

pink and green stripe flip flops on denim.
    Name:  Attachment-13328.jpe
Views: 51
Size:  46.5 KB

I love these red bags! Trevor and I got all photo shoot crazy and took some of them to the park for better photos to better sell them :)
    Name:  Attachment-47288.jpe
Views: 50
Size:  77.2 KB

How may of those babies have you made so far? They are so cute! I am amazed at how different every single one has been, I would have ran out of ideas long long ago. Cant wait to see the Fall ones!

Banned
    They are soooooooooooooo cute

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    How may of those babies have you made so far? They are so cute! I am amazed at how different every single one has been, I would have ran out of ideas long long ago. Cant wait to see the Fall ones!
    I am having soooo much fun making these bags!!!

So far I have made 10 bags. Of those 10, 9 have sold (that is including the order of 4 being picked up tonight, and one being scheduled for pick up on Friday). I have one left to sell. I have another 3 cut and ready to assemble tonight :) I had another few people email me both at work and friends online looking for more information on the bags and how to purchase one. I had no idea these would be doing so well!! I will keep selling them until the interest is gone! I hope to start making the Fall ones by mid to end of August. I also have a dozen Christmas tree skirt tops to layer, quilt, and bind to sell in November and December too!! LOL The fun just never ends around here!

Once I have an idea about my Autumn bags, I will share the photos!

Those are cute, cute! Congrats on the sales!

A friend of mine here asked me about making some totes.
    I've never made one before.
    I attempted, but it beat me, so it's sitting in the corner waiting for me to attack it again.
    Anyway...my friend said they'd sell like hotcakes, just making different colored ones with printed fabric.
    Did you find your pattern online or did you buy it?
    Yours looks REALLY easy......

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Those are cute, cute! Congrats on the sales!

A friend of mine here asked me about making some totes.
    I've never made one before.
    I attempted, but it beat me, so it's sitting in the corner waiting for me to attack it again.
    Anyway...my friend said they'd sell like hotcakes, just making different colored ones with printed fabric.
    Did you find your pattern online or did you buy it?
    Yours looks REALLY easy......
    the pattern came from my head!!!
    bags are alot of fun to make and its to make just one!!! Everyone loves bags! So its a good area to sell. You should try it!!

From your head? WOW!!
    Only thing coming from my head lately is dust. lol

I'll have to do a search for simple tote bags and see what I can find.
    Make a few samples and let my friend show them around and see what she can do. Maybe I'll give her a "commission" lol

They are just darling. You are a very talented person! Keep it up. :D

They are really beautiful... :D

I've made several denim bags but the ones I made had 2 handles and I did machine embroidery. I"m doing a couple with dogs on them for a lady to donate to her kennel club's annual auction. They are fun to make.
    I thought I would like to make things like this and sell but I got back into quilting and I can't seem to get away from it.
    You're are really cute. Keep up the good work. Outstanding

Since this is the picture forum. I would like to use this as a experiment. I can't get my computer at home to send so thought I would try this one at work. The picture I'm sending has nothing to do with nothing, just something to send to see if it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

As a person who wears flip flops 365 days a year I have to say---those bags are just way TOOOO cute!!! What a great idea you had!

Now isn't that something. I can't do that at home for nothing. I wonder why. If anyone has any idea why one computer will and one won't let me know. Thanks.

Great job ....Great work....what more could a person want ...keep it up....continued success!!!!

Terry, Why don't you just take an old tote bag that you have around the house and cut it apart and make a pattern of that? That's what I did. I made a tote for my gr. daughter and added pockets to the outside of it. She's been using it while she is here visiting me. Going to parks and on errands and things. I'm going to make a couple for her to take home to her best friends, too.

Those are so cute. I love the first one the best. There's something so appealing about the flip flops. Put your feet up, be at ease and enjoy summer fun.

It's addictive making these totes, isn't it? I've made dozens of them and can't stop. The last two I made I made for myself and have two more (for myself) that I'm going to make. I already have 16 quilted handbags of my own to carry at my whim.

Which bag I carry out of the house with me that day depends on how I'm feeling.

Congrats!!! I knew they would be a hot sell!!! You go girl!!

Love the flip flop bags - you are doing a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by ddrobins1956
    Terry, Why don't you just take an old tote bag that you have around the house and cut it apart and make a pattern of that? That's what I did. I made a tote for my gr. daughter and added pockets to the outside of it. She's been using it while she is here visiting me. Going to parks and on errands and things. I'm going to make a couple for her to take home to her best friends, too.
    I think that's what I'm going to do. I had thought about that after I started doing a search for them.
    Thanks!

AmazingDesigns.com had a free design with instructions at one time. I've made several with this design and they turn out really nice. It is lined with 2 handles.

You know, I was thinking.....yes, I do think once in a while, even tho it makes my head hurt....lol
    I think I'm going to tell my friend if she wants to do something like this, she can just come to my house and use my other machine. Why should I do all the work, right??

Quote Originally Posted by okie
    I've made several denim bags but the ones I made had 2 handles and I did machine embroidery. I"m doing a couple with dogs on them for a lady to donate to her kennel club's annual auction. They are fun to make.
    I thought I would like to make things like this and sell but I got back into quilting and I can't seem to get away from it.
    You're are really cute. Keep up the good work. Outstanding

Since this is the picture forum. I would like to use this as a experiment. I can't get my computer at home to send so thought I would try this one at work. The picture I'm sending has nothing to do with nothing, just something to send to see if it works.
    Hi Okie!! Love Jimminy Cricket (err spelled that one wrong.. but hey its not even 9am here and I havent' even had my morning coffee,so that is my excuse)!!! I have no idea why a picture will upload on one computer and not another...

From the photos of my totes in the trees, it looks like only one handle but there are actually two handles :) I am hoping to get an embroidery machine next Spring and when I do I will be going nuts with it!!! The possibilities are endless!!!

Your doggy bags sound adorable!!!

Cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
    Congrats!!! I knew they would be a hot sell!!! You go girl!!
    thanks jbsstrawberry!!!! I had no idea they would be this successful!!! I am now left with one bag left to sell. I have a photo attached to it. I was hoping to start one of the three bags I had cut and ready last night, but when I got home from work I was too tired. So I spent an hour on the Wii Fit, had a bit of supper , then read my book. Oohhh and sold 4 bags!! :)

You are doing such a great job!

Your's not kidding, I love mine. When I saw the tote in the tree and noticed your tote had a lining I said that looks just like the ones I've made but with one handle. They are fun to make. I don't know if yours was made the same way but I like the way the bottom was squared. I'd never done that before. I made one for a little girl that had emboridery flip flops. Be prepared to go crazy with desigms when you get your machine. I'm sure glad I passed that stage. I thought I was going to go broke. Some were free but of course the ones I really liked weren't. Now I'm going broke with patterns and fabric. I love quilt patterns. I have them on computer, I have them in books, I have them everywhere. I better get started. I have 5 blocks left to complete and I can start putting my latest quilt project together. The borders are pieced as well so that will take some time. I have to hurry and get this one done so I can start on my paper piece quilt. That will be a real challenge.
    The ideals for personalizing these bags is endless. Great job.

Hi Okie!! Love Jimminy Cricket (err spelled that one wrong.. but hey its not even 9am here and I havent' even had my morning coffee,so that is my excuse)!!! I have no idea why a picture will upload on one computer and not another...

From the photos of my totes in the trees, it looks like only one handle but there are actually two handles I am hoping to get an embroidery machine next Spring and when I do I will be going nuts with it!!! The possibilities are endless!!!

Your doggy bags sound adorable!!!
    My earlier post was in reference to the above quote. I still learning how to do things on the board. I finally got a picture to upload from my home computer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast