Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my BERNINA 153 that my friend send me and what i been making with it

Blog Entries
    my friend send me a bernina and i been working on it scraps and strips of fabric thrown together and some of them i did do ahead applique by hand thanks jill

here it is close don't know what it is
    Name:  Attachment-42556.jpe
Views: 169
Size:  70.3 KB

my bernina
    Name:  Attachment-43003.jpe
Views: 383
Size:  40.4 KB

a few blocks i'm doing cutting them 8 1/2 sq
    Name:  Attachment-43004.jpe
Views: 164
Size:  65.9 KB

some more blocks
    Name:  Attachment-43005.jpe
Views: 165
Size:  53.1 KB

this came with the machine does anyone knows what it and how to use it
    Name:  Attachment-43074.jpe
Views: 154
Size:  41.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Wow! Nice machine and very pretty blocks!

The white gadget is to help the foot get over thick seams like jeans.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    The white gadget is to help the foot get over thick seams like jeans.
    thank you we were wondering how it works

Each piece has a different "thickness" you put a piece under the back of the foot to help it over the hump of thick seams. Honestly, I don't use mine.

Blog Entries
    You certainly have been busy :mrgreen: And with a machine like that it is no wonder :thumbup: What a GREAT friend :lol:

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    beautiful fabric and blocks...you have been busy.Beautiful machine . enjoy

What a beautiful machine and wonderful blocks. Looks like you have been having fun.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    What a beautiful machine and wonderful blocks. Looks like you have been having fun.
    yes i have been having fun and i enjoy the machine

Blog Entries
    thank you i might not use it either but i know what it for if i do need it thank you candice

What a nice friend and your project looks great. My Bernina is over 20 years old and I still love it! Great machines.

nice machine, and beautiful work

Blog Entries
    thank 's everyone got more too do

Beautiful machine....as their motto says "Nothing sews like a Bernina..nothing" I love them.

Margie

What a dear friend to send you such a nice machine! You sure are going to put it to good use seeing all your lovely scrap blocks you have already sewn.

Wow what a good friend! This is the machine I have. I have had it for about 8 or 9 years now. I love it! I recommend finding a dealer in your area to take lessons so you can take full advantage of all the machine is capable of doing. There is a very basic block alphabet in it that you can program to spell out whatever you like. I am assuming your friend gave you all the feet that go with it. The walking foot alone costs almost $200!! Most of the other regular type feet run around $30 each. I recently purchased the open toe embroidery foot for FMQ which gives me better visibility then the FMQ foot that came with the machine which has a clear plastic circular type foot. Use ONLY bernina bobbins in this machine. Any other bobbin can cause damage to the hook, same for needles. Use ONLY Schmidt needles. Singer needles will fit but will also damage the hook. This model has been discontinued for some time but I don't foresee myself ever upgrading to another machine unless I hit the lotto because the 440 models sure are nice (with a very nice price tag to go with them). Brand new the 153QE was over $1000. I do not think the BSR (Bernina stitch regulator) will work with this model so for FMQ you have to practice to get your stitches consistent. I recently purchased the open toe embroidery foot to do FMQ and I like it much better. It is a #37 I think.

Need to pick your brains!!! I was just given a PFAFF 150 and it needs a foot and belt. Anyone know where I can find one?

Blog Entries
    thank you it nice to have a good friend i will be using it alots i like the ideal that i don;t have to figure out the stitches out my cheap sewing machine i had to sat and figure the stitch line on it before i sew when you change the bobbin all the time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Wow what a good friend! This is the machine I have. I have had it for about 8 or 9 years now. I love it! I recommend finding a dealer in your area to take lessons so you can take full advantage of all the machine is capable of doing. There is a very basic block alphabet in it that you can program to spell out whatever you like. I am assuming your friend gave you all the feet that go with it. The walking foot alone costs almost $200!! Most of the other regular type feet run around $30 each. I recently purchased the open toe embroidery foot for FMQ which gives me better visibility then the FMQ foot that came with the machine which has a clear plastic circular type foot. Use ONLY bernina bobbins in this machine. Any other bobbin can cause damage to the hook, same for needles. Use ONLY Schmidt needles. Singer needles will fit but will also damage the hook. This model has been discontinued for some time but I don't foresee myself ever upgrading to another machine unless I hit the lotto because the 440 models sure are nice (with a very nice price tag to go with them). Brand new the 153QE was over $1000. I do not think the BSR (Bernina stitch regulator) will work with this model so for FMQ you have to practice to get your stitches consistent. I recently purchased the open toe embroidery foot to do FMQ and I like it much better. It is a #37 I think.
    what is the hook and she send me dozens of bobbins all the foots and needles and i got number 37 foot in mine but she has a number 57 that i like

Blog Entries
    how can you tell if you damage the hook i did not know about the needle

Blog Entries
    I love that gadget when hemming jeans!! What a wonderful friend you have!!

Great machine and I see you have already put it to good use.

Enjoy, and Happy Quilting!

Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    What a nice friend and your project looks great. My Bernina is over 20 years old and I still love it! Great machines.
    Great machine! What a friend!!! I wish I had a friend like that. I have a Bernina 1230 which is 20 years old now and I love it. It sews like a dream and it's my best buddy. I'll never have any machine other than a Bernina. Nice blocks also.

Great machine Elsie! and you have been busy. Love the blocks, and the Sun bonnet sue is darling! Jill is a great friend!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Great machine Elsie! and you have been busy. Love the blocks, and the Sun bonnet sue is darling! Jill is a great friend!
    thank ninnie the sunbonnet is done by hand i did that several years ago and i thought i throw it in cut it down 81/2 sq yes jill is a nice freind

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast