Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: my black and white block exchange quilt, finished and quilted

  1. #1
    Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,960
    Well, here you go folks.

    I finished my B&W quilt, embroidered everybody's name and location on the back of the quilt, next to each person's block, then I quilted the whole thing.
    I just finished it this afternoon, it has just come out of the dryer and is still warm :)
    Attached Images Attached Images


  2. #2
    Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,960
    the rest
    Attached Images Attached Images


  3. #3
    Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The middle of an IL cornfield
    Posts
    7,024
    Blog Entries
    1
    Could we see the front? Not that the back isn't wonderful.......

  4. #4
    Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The middle of an IL cornfield
    Posts
    7,024
    Blog Entries
    1
    There it is!! My computer is creaking like a crippled hamster.


    Nice quilt! :D

  5. #5
    Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,960
    oops, forgot this one
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    Could we see the front? Not that the back isn't wonderful.......
    Sorry, my compter was taking it's sweet time uploading the pics. I should have posted them in order. That's my fault.

  7. #7
    Super Member joeyoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,281
    Melanie, its wonderful. I love the pop of red and that you made them wonky. Well done!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,393
    Looks great, Melanie. Looks like you may have used a poly batting, which will make it warm and comfy in the cold months ahead. :D

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    139
    Red really does pop! Love the names on the back. The part where you mention still warm makes the whole thing sound so cozy.
    -Les

  10. #10
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    Melanie, it looks awesome. Great job!

  11. #11
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,757
    Blog Entries
    9
    Oh Melanie...great job! I'm so impressed! Mine are still sitting in the envelope they came in. I have plans for them...I love your red and the wonky setting!

  12. #12
    community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hyndman, PA
    Posts
    1,207
    I love it! It looks great. My blocks are still in the cupboard waiting for me to work on them. Way to go!

  13. #13
    Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Oh Melanie...great job! I'm so impressed! Mine are still sitting in the envelope they came in. I have plans for them...I love your red and the wonky setting!

    To be honest with you, my blue and white ones are still in the envelope they came in, lol!

    I want to do something fun with them, but I haven't had any inspiration yet, so they'll stay where they are until I get a flashy idea :P



    Thanks for the compliments, everyone! I love the wonky look too. The next time I do it, I'll arrrange for them to look even more crooked, and haphazard.

  14. #14
    Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by mytwopals
    Looks great, Melanie. Looks like you may have used a poly batting, which will make it warm and comfy in the cold months ahead. :D

    You're right, I always use poly batting.
    My wallet can't afford the cotton batting, but I have thought of using fleece if I can get it cheap.

  15. #15
    Super Member Barbm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    blink and you've missed it
    Posts
    2,612
    You know Mel- babies love red, black and white!

    Looks great!

  16. #16
    Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,960
    My baby will have a choice of quilts for pretty much every day of the week by the time he/she gets here, lol!

  17. #17
    2wheelwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    879
    Delightful - and my favorite colors too!

  18. #18
    Super Member Barbm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    blink and you've missed it
    Posts
    2,612
    P.S. I love the baby time line on your postings, it's like all of the board is a part of your family. (Weird, I know)

    ooooh- can we do a mare stare and bet on the baby's arrival?

  19. #19
    Power Poster Ninnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Athens Ga
    Posts
    11,448
    Looks great, I like it!!

  20. #20
    Senior Member ai731's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Maxville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    366
    It's a beautiful quilt Melanie! I really love the way you set the blocks. I might "steal" your idea for the blocks I get in the Blue & Yellow block swap, if you don't mind!

    Jan

  21. #21
    Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    P.S. I love the baby time line on your postings, it's like all of the board is a part of your family. (Weird, I know)

    ooooh- can we do a mare stare and bet on the baby's arrival?

    Well, I can't say I'm up for putting a live web-cam, but once I get into my third trimester, I can tell you a more definate due date, and you all can start putting bets on which day, and I'll update with lots of belly pics. As it stands, I'm due on the 28th of April, but that has time to change, lol! I'll also let you all know as soon as I know if it's a little boy or little girl. We're hoping for a girl :D

  22. #22
    Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by ai731
    It's a beautiful quilt Melanie! I really love the way you set the blocks. I might "steal" your idea for the blocks I get in the Blue & Yellow block swap, if you don't mind!

    Jan

    Nope, I don't mind at all :) In fact, I'm pretty sure I got the idea from someone else's quilt, when I ran a google search a long time ago. I thought it was so cool I HAD to use it on something!

  23. #23
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,757
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    P.S. I love the baby time line on your postings, it's like all of the board is a part of your family. (Weird, I know)

    ooooh- can we do a mare stare and bet on the baby's arrival?

    Well, I can't say I'm up for putting a live web-cam, but once I get into my third trimester, I can tell you a more definate due date, and you all can start putting bets on which day, and I'll update with lots of belly pics. As it stands, I'm due on the 28th of April, but that has time to change, lol! I'll also let you all know as soon as I know if it's a little boy or little girl. We're hoping for a girl :D
    Oh Mel...now you've opened yourself up for it! Mel Stare...here we come!

  24. #24
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,718

    What a great idea. It turned out lovely. I have one on the design board but that's as far as I have gotten.

  25. #25
    Super Member sewsewquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    2,170
    Your quilt is great! My B/W blocks are still in the to quilt stack. :-(

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.