Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My FAVORITE House Blocks! Let's See Yours!!

Here is a link to some in SF, Ca, you might like too! I always thought they were neat!

stock-photo-postcard-row-houses-san-francisco-california-4103

Hope the link works!
    Nancy/NC...
    "Because Nice Matters"
    "Choose To Be Happy"

Well that didn't work, trying to figure out how to do this, but no luck so far!

If you want to see, do a google search & type in "SF Row Houses" & pics will come up! I always loved pics of this site of houses! Enjoy!...
    Nancy/NC...
    "Because Nice Matters"
    "Choose To Be Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by happymrs View Post
    Well that didn't work, trying to figure out how to do this, but no luck so far!

If you want to see, do a google search & type in "SF Row Houses" & pics will come up! I always loved pics of this site of houses! Enjoy!...
    Thank you so much, happymrs! Yes, I forgot all about those wonderful row houses in San Francisco. I think these pics are of Alamo Square. There are gorgeous Victorian row houses there as well! I will find one I love to replicate.

Here's a link for everyone! The url must precede everything in the address:

http://www.shutterstock.com/cat.mhtm...ce=search_form

Thanks everyone for your nice replies!

You have a wonderful collection of houses...I love house blocks, also.
    Lynn

Blog Entries
    n2,
    PM'd you, thanks for all the info!! And being so kind to share!!!!
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
    n2,
    PM'd you, thanks for all the info!! And being so kind to share!!!!
    Your very welcome!!

Blog Entries
    I'm asking Patrice if I can host a house swap your thread has inspired me I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty3790 View Post
    I'm asking Patrice if I can host a house swap your thread has inspired me I love it.
    Wow! That thrills me! Check out my other threads on house blocks~you'll love them too! I'll go get the link for ya! BTW, your 'pass the block' inspired me to thinking about doing a 'pass the mini' with the mini I started! I wanted to do a RRBM (round robin by me) to make it look like it had been done by others..lol..but decided it would be more fun to do a 'pass the mini!' Then whoever participated would qualify for a drawing to win the quilt and finish it! Sound good? I just might go for it! Thank you, Crafty3790, and hope it goes great for you!!

Wow! That thrills me! Check out my other threads on house blocks~you'll love them too! I'll go get the link for ya! BTW, your 'pass the block' inspired me to thinking about doing a 'pass the mini' with the mini I started! I wanted to do a RRBM (round robin by me) to make it look like it had been done by others..lol..but decided it would be more fun to do a 'pass the mini!' Then whoever participated would qualify for a drawing to win the quilt and finish it! Sound good? I just might go for it! Thank you, Crafty3790, and hope it goes great for you!!

p.s. here's the link to Part 2: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...-a-t50725.html

Wow, thats quite a collection! My fav are the bright houses with yellow borders.
    Live and let live!

Blog Entries
    I actually have that marked too. They are awesome. I love your pass the mini idea it sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jackied View Post
    Wow, thats quite a collection! My fav are the bright houses with yellow borders.
    Thank you, jackied! Be sure and check out the other post, Part 2, linked above your post! n2

Wow now that's a collection. You have a whole town. LOL
    No matter how tough life is, it sure beats the alternative.

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...26548a24e6.png

I actually have that marked too. They are awesome. I love your pass the mini idea it sounds cool.
    Fantastic! Just seeing this thread again makes me want to get the scraps out and do some more wonky houses! Everyone will sign up for your swap!! Sure hope I can too! Thank you for the feedback on the pass the mini. I'm anxious to see what some of these talented quilters can come up when they see this mini! Oh, what fun and so little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by ruthie View Post
    Wow now that's a collection. You have a whole town. LOL
    Hahaha! I've got the whole town and the next city over! Realtors are knocking on my door to get a peek!! haha!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful houses, enjoyed looking at them all!
    ♥♥♥ Loving Mama ♥♥♥

If life gives you scraps, make an angel quilt out of it!

Blog Entries
    Hey n2, I just scrolled through all these pages, and didn't see any postings from me. Boy did I miss this one! FYI, I started making little houses-one a day-- course mine are all straight (well I try to make them) and simple, but love the wonky ones too. No pics yet. Here's the link I started with:

http://buildinghousesfromscraps.blogspot.com/

Since I don't like to PP (still!) I made my own little block in EQ to sew; just a simple 3 inch block to piece. I've been going through my 1 and 1 1/4" strips to get the pieces for them and have enough for about 50 blocks, but one a day that's only 6 weeks of blocks. lol I am planning to make like 7 a day once a week instead of the "one a day" plan. Here's my EQ block
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Love all the houses!
    Lynn

Just terrific, great blocks
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Wow those are fantastic! I especially like the one that has all the houses looking like they are on a hillside. Here's the only houses I've done (a tree skirt LOL).

Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

OMG!! I love em all!! I want to make a quilt someday with birdhouses and human houses. I absolutely enjoyed looking at all your work. Spectacular!!
    will quilt 4EVER

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Hey n2, I just scrolled through all these pages, and didn't see any postings from me. Boy did I miss this one! FYI, I started making little houses-one a day-- course mine are all straight (well I try to make them) and simple, but love the wonky ones too. No pics yet. Here's the link I started with:

http://buildinghousesfromscraps.blogspot.com/

Since I don't like to PP (still!) I made my own little block in EQ to sew; just a simple 3 inch block to piece. I've been going through my 1 and 1 1/4" strips to get the pieces for them and have enough for about 50 blocks, but one a day that's only 6 weeks of blocks. lol I am planning to make like 7 a day once a week instead of the "one a day" plan. Here's my EQ block
    Thank you for sharing your block! Many others may want to use it too! It's a nice little salt box type, country style, typical Americana. You might want to applique doors and windows as I think it's much faster than piecing them together. Also, since PP is so time-consuming, the houses can be made strip-piecing and assembly style.

I'll post a pic of a simpler house to piece if you want. Let me hunt the pic and post here if I can find it. It's great if you want a really fast made house!

Also, thanks for the link. Hey, G, I posted a pic of a wonky house a few posts down for you to see how simply one can be made without trying! You might want to do something like this as it is much faster! n2

Excuse all the threads on this pic, but I wanted to show you a wonky house I made some time ago that is just adorable. I had no idea it was a house until I looked at it!! I was randomly sewing pieces together and look what happened!! The Lord made this house for me as a surprise to lift me up when I was feeling blue! Voila! a darling little house!

Those are ALL absolutely adorable!!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Quote Originally Posted by 4EVERquilt View Post
    OMG!! I love em all!! I want to make a quilt someday with birdhouses and human houses. I absolutely enjoyed looking at all your work. Spectacular!!
    Thank you so much 4EVERquilt! You might like this pic of some birdhouses I found not long ago -- it's so cute. You might want to try these! Also, my house pic collection is just that -- none made by me -- just pics collected for great inspiration!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast