Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: MY FOLDED DAHLIA FINISHED

I fell in love with this pc. when I saw a cpl. posted on here. I couldn't wait to do one so here is mine. Since I didn't know what to do with it, I put a 2" border on it. To make it bulkier I put 2 layers of W&N in it.

I've tried sev. times to put in the pix but it just says "web page not found". I'll try again but if it doesn't show up, that's why.

Nope! not here!! :)

Blog Entries
    Pat! I was so looking forward to seeing it. I hope you can get the pic up soon!

Quote Originally Posted by LoriEl
    Pat! I was so looking forward to seeing it. I hope you can get the pic up soon!
    Hi Lori, I was anxious to show you how I finished it. I'll try again here..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a pix that's a little more close up. I love this pc. For now, I've laid it in the middle of my bed on the top of my white comforter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    That came out gorgeous! Could be a table topper or a wall hanging! I just love this block. I like the shape, too.

G O R G E O U S!!!What lovely colors!!

That is Sew Nice ... great fabric choices! :thumbup:

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dar

Banned
    Beautiful job on your folded dahlia. I make one yesterday to using the tute dragonquilter posted. I really liked it, but being the economic minded person that I am (especially with the price of fabric going up) I think I am going to try doing it again with smaller squares for the first 2 or 3 rounds and work up to the 6" square for the last round. If I find that I need more fullness I might cut a diamon shape of extra leftover batting to put in each petal. Once I try it that way I will post both pictures to let everyone know if it worked or not.

Thanks for sharing,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

Blog Entries
    Stunning......I especially like your fabric choices! :D :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

WOW it is beautiful..I have it on my to do list.

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    OMG how awesome!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Ok you have to tell me how you finished it so I can finish mine like that.....

This is beautiful!! Love it.

Gorgeous! It must look stunning a your white comforter.

Beautiful work. like your color choice.

Oh, I love your dahlia - I want to make one now.

Blog Entries
    That is one nice quilt

Quote Originally Posted by candlequilter
    Beautiful job on your folded dahlia. I make one yesterday to using the tute dragonquilter posted. I really liked it, but being the economic minded person that I am (especially with the price of fabric going up) I think I am going to try doing it again with smaller squares for the first 2 or 3 rounds and work up to the 6" square for the last round. If I find that I need more fullness I might cut a diamon shape of extra leftover batting to put in each petal. Once I try it that way I will post both pictures to let everyone know if it worked or not.

Thanks for sharing,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Sherryl, my fabrics were just pulled out of my stash & wasn't convinced they'd work. I have a feeling almost anything put together would look good.
    I used dragonquilter's directions, too. but had a big prob. When I got down to the bottom 3 or 4 pcs. to put in, the bottoms wouldn't come together so I knew I was doing something wrong. Lori tried to help me but the only way I made it work was to fan out the lower pcs. to make them meet.
    If somebody can clue me in on what I was doing wrong, I'd sure appreciate it. I'm excited about making another one but hope I can get around the prob. Lori's rows were perf. on her orange one.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    OMG how awesome!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Ok you have to tell me how you finished it so I can finish mine like that.....

All I did was to SID between the layered triangles about 3" up. Then ran a row of stitching about 1/4" around the outside edge to secure it. Then I cut 2 1/2" strips at a generous length & laid them across the "straight" edge between 2 points. It's slightly curved there but I made sure to do it from seam to seam across the sl. curve to sew it straight. Made sure I worked ea. one all in one direction as I went clear around. I had to unsew the first one on the beginning end so I could slip #8 under it so they'd all go in one direction.

I was nervous about binding the points but it actually was very easy. This Dahlia comes out very dimension which fascinates everybody. They're also heavy. As Lori said, too heavy to be a quilt I would think.

I think putting this border on would make it easier to put on a pillow, too.

Simply gorgeous! It makes me want to make one.

Blog Entries
    Wow! You did a beautiful job on this. I just love how it turned out. Great job.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat G
    Quote Originally Posted by candlequilter

Thanks for sharing,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Sherryl, my fabrics were just pulled out of my stash & wasn't convinced they'd work. I have a feeling almost anything put together would look good.
    I used dragonquilter's directions, too. but had a big prob. When I got down to the bottom 3 or 4 pcs. to put in, the bottoms wouldn't come together so I knew I was doing something wrong. Lori tried to help me but the only way I made it work was to fan out the lower pcs. to make them meet.
    If somebody can clue me in on what I was doing wrong, I'd sure appreciate it. I'm excited about making another one but hope I can get around the prob. Lori's rows were perf. on her orange one.
    When I first did mine using dragonquilters directions I started doing the double fold thing on all of the rounds instead of just the first one. I had the same thing as you where the ends didn't want to meet so I went back and re-read the directions and realized that you only do the double fold on the first row. Everything works out good then if you just do the single fold on all of the others.

Thanks,
    Sherryl

I'm just loving this dahlia more & more each time I see it!
    This is a beauty!
    Maureen

What a wonderful job you did

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast