Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Granddaughter the goat herder

Cute little sweetie and beautiful area.

what kind of goats do you have we have 41 goats you have some beautiful goats thanks dorothy from tenn.

Quote Originally Posted by middysmom
    what kind of goats do you have we have 41 goats you have some beautiful goats thanks dorothy from tenn.

They are Boer goats. Most of them are registered with the ABGA, which allows percentages, most of ours are at least 75%-98% Boer. We do have several that are not registered as they are just grade.

Awww, adorable! :)

Melissa, just caught up with this thread, what a little cutie pie she is. She can be an international goat herder, we have loads of goats over here, which reminds me I have to take a picture of our local goat man, he lives on a slope and so do his goats, sure as I speak these goats have got 2 short legs and 2 long legs that slope is so steep. :lol: i will try and get a picture of them. I couldnīt believe it when I first saw it.

Do you make Goats Cheese. Should think its pretty time consuming, but it is lovely.

Elle

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Melissa, just caught up with this thread, what a little cutie pie she is. She can be an international goat herder, we have loads of goats over here, which reminds me I have to take a picture of our local goat man, he lives on a slope and so do his goats, sure as I speak these goats have got 2 short legs and 2 long legs that slope is so steep. :lol: i will try and get a picture of them. I couldnīt believe it when I first saw it.

Do you make Goats Cheese. Should think its pretty time consuming, but it is lovely.

Elle

I would love to see the pictures of those goats!!! :lol:
    These are actually meat goats, not dairy. We just sell them 'cause frankly, after helping them be born and sometimes bottle feeding them and such I could never eat one!!!!!!!

Love the pictures with your GD, way too cute. About 6 weeks ago we got into goats, 29 nannies and a billie. What fun. We ran electric wire inside the pasture barb wire fence. So far so good. Have been told that if water can go thru a fence, so can a goat! Ours are boar influence, boy are we learnin' about goats :!: DH says they are four legged bush hogs. Can't wait to have babies. :D

How cute is that! Love the last one with her, goat and flowers. So pretty!

Melissa she's beautiful!!! Such precious pictures!!! You did a great job in stealth mode, maybe you should hire out with her for photo ops LOL. Absolutely adorable!!

I couldnīt eat one that I had brought into the world or hand reared.
    Its quite a delicacy here, but I have never tried it. think they mainly keep them for the milk and for making cheese.

I love the baby ones they are so cute.

Elle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2