Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Now I don't know which is funnier...Martina's blocks or the responders to this thread!
    (One does have to wonder why some of them are still reading this topic which is "so offensive.")
    Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Poor, poor Sue! These are something else. You can go to Sue's website and theres a lot of blocks with her being bad. I have always loved Sunbonnet Sue. Your's is certainly unique.
    Live and let live!

Sorry but this made me chuckle.
    ​Jan

LOL!!! I'm not a SBS fan, but this seems toooo cruel!

love the snake...

Blog Entries
    I love these blocks I hate the ones which are so .....pretty.
    How about on the rack to stretch her or hung drawn. And quarter her as the nobles in England had done to them. They only died on the quartering after so long.
    The horrible histories are full of these stories which children love .keep going.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Now I don't know which is funnier...Martina's blocks or the responders to this thread!
    (One does have to wonder why some of them are still reading this topic which is "so offensive.")
    Jan in VA
    Apparently the quilt police DO exist and they've begun a Morality In Quilting Brigade!

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat View Post
    Duh, all you people who are having nightmares and such....did you not READ the title of the thread? If you don't want to see it....don't click! Geesh....its all good fun in this over politically correct world of ours.
    Everyone has the same right to voice their opinion. If you don't like it that some people don't like these quilts, don't read what they have to say!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
    I love these blocks I hate the ones which are so .....pretty.
    How about on the rack to stretch her or hung drawn. And quarter her as the nobles in England had done to them. They only died on the quartering after so long.
    The horrible histories are full of these stories which children love .keep going.
    I had this idea of having her ripped apart by Raggedy Ann, Raggedy Andy, Strawberry Shortcake, and Rainbow Brite but my sister had a fit coz she had a Rainbow Brite as a child and INSISTED that RB WOULD NOT do such a thing. lol SO to appease my little sis I dropped that design. Even replacing RB with the Sock Monkey made her mad. lol
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcflower View Post
    Everyone has the same right to voice their opinion. If you don't like it that some people don't like these quilts, don't read what they have to say!
    But those are the most fun to read. I am all about voicing one's oppinion (obviously) but there is a fine line between negative response and verbal attack. Some comments bordered on the latter and I will not stand for that.
    Martina

So stinking clever!!
    Connie

Red meat is not bad for you . . . fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

I can't decide what I enjoyed more.... your quilt blocks, or the titles! Both made me laugh out loud and put a smile on my face!
    Cheryl

Martina, are you going to put it in a local show? I'd love to see it in person and buy you lunch:>

OMG! Too funny, but great imagination! lol You might try googling "cartoon images of arrows" or just "images of arrows" for ideas.
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Martina, are you going to put it in a local show? I'd love to see it in person and buy you lunch:>
    Hm, I wonder if it would be accepted. But regardless, once I have it done, I'd be glad to show it to you. We'd finally get to meet.
    Martina

LOVE, Love, love it!! I think the people posting negative remarks have drank the media "kool aid". I think every TV show my brother made me watch in the 50's had someone killed and neither one of us grew up to be evil killers. The Rifleman alone killed on average 1.46 person per episode. I feel confident that killing off Sue will not result in mayhem and muder. Enjoy and have fun, it's sure fun for us to watch!

LOL... Love your KSBS blocks Martina!!! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.
    Dona

I thought I saw a spider,
    But it was just a Piece of yarn.
    It's dead yarn now.

Quote Originally Posted by GeeGee View Post
    How many ways can you kill Sunbonnet Sue? This post is like the woman who shot her boyfriend, stabbed him 27 times and then slit his throat ear to ear. Guess she had the same sense of warped humor. I find this post very disturbing and equally disturbing are the people who think it is funny. I think it sends the wrong message to our children and future quilters!!! Quilting is suppose to be positive, not evil.
    Quilters are people! Quilting does not make us good or bad - it is a skill and an artform, and there are as many differnt types of quilters as there are people! I found the blocks slightly disturbing, but I find the gross generalization that quilting defines me even more disturbing. I can not read this thread if I am too disturbed by the images, but I admire the creativity and enjoy hearing about how other people view them - even those I disagree with!
    ​tea

Blog Entries
    Now it's Hello Kitty's turn to meet the same fate! LOL
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    Now it's Hello Kitty's turn to meet the same fate! LOL
    My sister would be on board with that. She HATES HK so much that she refers to her as "Hello S*itty"
    Martina

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
    My colleague at work just turned me on to artist Edward Gorey He created "A very Gorey Alphabet book in 1963. It is so delighfully dark.

I read Edward Gorey books to my kids! I was a fan of Edward Gorey because my grandmother thought he knew exactly how we all wanted to think at one time or another. She loved the Elliptical Bicycle story. It's my favorite too. My kids discussed that book for years as what each chapter could mean. If you like Tim Burton you will love Edward Gorey.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I remember at my grandmother's house she had a pantry in a short hall way from dining room to kitchen. She had a curtain for a door to the pantry. It was dark in there and when we kids were acting up she would say I'm going to let the pantry troll grab you if you don't straighten up. We were all scared of the pantry troll and wouldn't go pass that curtain for anything. Even as we got older we were cautious about passing through there without thinking of the troll that was hiding and waiting to get us. LOL. That is what makes memories with every detail clear as a bell. All my sibling and cousins remember the pantry troll and knew to behave immediately. We didn't mess with Grandma. We all thought she was brave to have a troll in her pantry.
    Got fabric?

Are you entering a contest? That is quite mad.

Quote Originally Posted by tutt View Post
    LOVE, Love, love it!! I think the people posting negative remarks have drank the media "kool aid". I think every TV show my brother made me watch in the 50's had someone killed and neither one of us grew up to be evil killers. The Rifleman alone killed on average 1.46 person per episode. I feel confident that killing off Sue will not result in mayhem and muder. Enjoy and have fun, it's sure fun for us to watch!
    Agreed.****

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    OMG!! Too Funny! And Twisted! I like it!
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

Oh my goodness!!!!!!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast