Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: My new toy

I think DH may have shopped in thrift stores before! He knew to take a pic LOL

Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy your new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by sylviasmom
    For medical reasons, I am restricted to lifting no more than 25 pounds. A Bernina probably weighs more than that. A FW weighs about 12 pounds. Ideal weight to carry to a class.
    It also sews a perfect straight stitch. I have a Bernina 330 for a travel machine and it isn't as light as a FW, but not too heavy, but let me tell you...my 830 weighs about 38 pounds!

Quote Originally Posted by carrieg
    I think DH may have shopped in thrift stores before! He knew to take a pic LOL

Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy your new toy.
    Since he retired, I think he has learned the locations of lots of thrift stores. :lol: He loves yard sales and flea markets too. He is getting to be pretty "thrifty".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scakes
    My dh stopped at the thrift store this morning; came home later and said there was a sewing machine there. He didn't know much about it but he had taken a picture on his phone. Hmmm, looks kind of like a featherweight. Off I go to check it out and it was a featherweight 221. Lucky lil sewing machine has a new home with someone to love it. I cleaned it; oiled it; and it runs like a champ. Case is in need of some repair, but there are lots of attachments with it and the original manual. Monday was my birthday so this is my present to myself. :lol: :lol:
    What a beautiful B-day gift. Wishing you many many more Happy B-days and many years of sewing on your new toy. Aren't these FW's just the neatest things to work with!! I have two and love them both. I made an entire bed quilt, including the quilting on my 1937 FW in May for a graduation gift. Just bought my 1936 a couple of weeks ago at a moving sale for $100 - with orig. book and loads of attachments.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeandrig
    I have been wanting one of these for many years. Never run across one in all my plundering tho.
    I've seen some at a quilt store for appr. $400.00 but can't bring myself to spend that much. You hit the jack pot with this one.
    Have you tried shopping on Ebay? Sometimes there are some good ones and you never know what price you can get them for.

Lucky find..beautiful machine

Blog Entries
    Congrats on the FW and Happy B'day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by psychonurse
    Happy Birthday. Congratulations on your find. I also found my FW at a thrift store, not even looking for one that day.
    I got another one yesterday I bought from a friend, I have not opened the package yet.
    the first one has been serviced and the plug replaced, as it was missing when I bought it.
    I will probably sell the first one and keep this one.

I got my Featherweight for my birthday. She's a 1956 and works like a charm

I keep looking but I haven't found a FW yet. Lucky I like a lot of other things, too, so those garage sale and thrift store trips aren't totally wasted! LOL

Wow! Looks just like the one I grew up sewing on. It went many, many miles for me. You are so lucky. What a great find.

I agree. looking for one too, lost out on 3 machines bidding on ebay this weekend. Just can't see spending 300-500 dollars. I'll find one, when it's ment to be.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4