Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My newest project - The Bug Jar Quilt

Love it!

Very, very cute!

M

Great job! Very pretty.

where the navy sends us, for now its Lansing MI
    that is sooo cute, can you please share the pattern with me??

HannasMom: The bug jar quilt block pattern:

htt://geocities.com/aljobritt/pattern2.html

If anywone makes this quilt don't forget to post pictures.

Judee: Thanks for the tip on the Keepsake site. I'll visit that site afterwhile to see what they have.

DonnaRae: I think I answered your questions about paperpieced or just pieced but incase I only think I answered you, this pattern is pieced.

[quote=Feathers]HannasMom: The bug jar quilt block pattern:

The link was not working, maybe this one will?

http://www.geocities.com/aljobritt/pattern2.html

Very cool looking quilt, Feathers! Can I steal the food fabric idea? :twisted: I think that would be awesome!

Feathers, My mom just was to a quilt shop close out sale, (I missed it) bought some fabric with cucumbers, squash, corn, type fabrics also one with pumpkins, apples, peppers, type stuff on it they were selling all fabric for $1.00 a yard. Thes sale will also be next thursday and she said they had some left. If you are intersted I would need to know how much of (if any) you would be intersted in. I thought of you as soon as she showed it to me!! Let me know!!

Roben...no need to steal the idea. It's not my original thought, I found it on the net and the pattern on the net is free. Go for it and make sure if you make it that you post pictures.

Lorretta, She is making a jar quilt now with fruit. But she is using things you would not think would go in a jar, like bananas, and all all types of things. So you could do the same thing. Thread, scissors, needles, frabric, and more. If I think of more I will let you know. I think that would be a cute one. Do it. Make sure we get a picture. :D

bobbins, chalk, and if you can't find the fabric do applique. Neato.

Well I guess we will have to put the word out and start looking. If you really want to do one do like Sandy did and put in classified for fabric. I sent her what I had for fruit. I will look but I don't think I have any sewing fabric. But others may. You would be suprised what might come up. I think it would be and awesome quilt. :D

Terrible english and spelling. :( I meant post in classified what you are looking for and will pay. You won't need a lot for each jar. I would send you for free if I had any. I will still look and if I see any when I am out I will pick up, if you want. I hope the spelling is better this time. :D

I just had to edit again. I think my brain is thinking backwards today. :shock:

I saw a jar sewing quilt on line somewhere. (I think is was a jar, I could be wrong). If I remember I will let you know. Hey you could always make it different and do a couple of jars and then a machine or something. Just thinking off the top of my head. LOL, and that is not working very well this AM. :roll:

Oh yes! That would be awesome. Machine embroidery?

Loretta - sent you a pm :-) One of the sewing fabrics I have is the one seen here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/6070.page

ooh it is tooooo too cute!!!! I love it!

where the navy sends us, for now its Lansing MI
    that site says it can't be displayed.
    Thanks though

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers
    HannasMom: The bug jar quilt block pattern:

Judee: Thanks for the tip on the Keepsake site. I'll visit that site afterwhile to see what they have.

DonnaRae: I think I answered your questions about paperpieced or just pieced but incase I only think I answered you, this pattern is pieced.

[quote=hannahsmom]that site says it can't be displayed.
    Thanks though

It is a picture here at the board. Try it again, it should work. :D

Loretta:
    I have seen these jar quilts with everything from sewing stuff to canning and fruit/veggies. They are all darling. someone made one with baby stuff like baby rattles, blocks, teething rings, etc. Along with the veggie/fruit wall hanging that I'm making for the county fair I'm doing another wall hanging with jars filled with candy, crackers, nuts, etc. I want to do a couple small pictures with pies. Did find some pie fabric with the pies about the size of a small tart that I'll frame and hang. I'm very excited about these decorations for our Open Class barn. I'll take lots of pictures of the stuff when I get it hung in the barn. Let me know if you want some sewing stuff fabric. I think I have some with scissors, some with thread and I don't remember what all.

Hannasmom:
    PM with your address and I'll send you the pattern. I just pulled it up again and it's there so i don't know what the problem is but i'll be glad to send it to you via snailmail.

Feathers

I seen this done in one of my quilting books, they also had one that was jars of food like you are talking about and hung it on the wall to look like a cubboard. I will have to dig up that book again and see about making one of these myself.
    Good job on the quilt.

I would love to see one that looks like jars in a cubboard. Have to see if I can find one of those! :-)

Love it. I have had fabric with bugs on it to do one now for 2 years and just have started it. Maybe this will inspire me.

I found my magazine ( wasnt a book) that has the country cupboard in it. It was in the Fall 2005 edition of Country Quilts on pages 40-44

I am trying to find in the magazine what theri copy rights are to know if I can scan this in and share the directions with you all or not. Does anyone know the rules to this sort of thing? If it allowed I would be more than happy to scan it in so you all will have the directions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast