Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My sewing room

This is my favorite room in the whole world.

sewing machine area
    Name:  Attachment-67756.jpe
Views: 58
Size:  44.5 KB

design wall
    Name:  Attachment-67757.jpe
Views: 74
Size:  78.5 KB

cutting and ironing table
    Name:  Attachment-67758.jpe
Views: 51
Size:  44.2 KB

my very small fabric stash
    Name:  Attachment-67762.jpe
Views: 55
Size:  114.3 KB

computer and printer (which I share with DH
    Name:  Attachment-67766.jpe
Views: 56
Size:  40.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Very Very nice...would love all that storage.

What a nice room! So bright and sunny ... I just love the organized placement in your different task areas. I can see why it is your favorite place.

Great workspace, I am curious what do you store in the shoe holder???

Blog Entries
    Very nice room! :-D

It is not a shoe holder but a thingy I bought at the Goodwill . I keep my odds &ends like extra blades, pins, needle nose pliers which I assume all quilters need. I have some fabric markers, and my favorite tool a small pair of opera glasses to help me make my quilts look far away instead of squinting my eyes.

Nice room - so light and airy! Looks like a great place to hang ot

I love your room...I use to have a Sewing/Stitching Room myself at the house that I lived in and my brother put shelves up so I would have more room for my Stash and than I had a old Church Table that i used for my Sewing/Cutting Table and I had everything so well organized too. I really miss my Craft Room. I live in a Apartment now so I don't have one.

you sound so sad and missing your special room. I hope you can find that special place in your new apt. sometimes it not the size of the room you are missing but the joy of touching and creating that is missing and you can do that anywhere. I wish you good luck.

Looks like a great room to work in!!!

I can see why you like the room so much! What a great space and well set up! Now get busy and mess it up so it will look more like everyones space! :lol:
    Ditter

Your room is light and airy. I would find it inspiring just to be in such a pleasant environment.

Could you tell me more about the small ironing board next to your sewing area? I think the legs might be adjustable in height and the overall appearance of the table is sturdy.

Thanks for sharing :-)

Blog Entries
    great sewing room!

Blog Entries
    Great room.

Wow, you are so lucky. What a wonderful bright and peaceful room to quilt in. I would love a room like that. You can organize everything!

I have to share my sewing space with an extra bedroom which is overcrowded as it is. Plus whenever my son and his wife come home, I have no use of it at all. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing them, just feel funny going into "their" room when they are here.

You have a wonderful setup, enjoy.

Happy quilting!

Love your room! I could have fun in there. I'll bring you more fabric. You need more fabric!

Thank you Justok....Yep I even had my lazy boy chair in my sewing/craft room with a TV/DVD Player and I use to sit in my Sewing/Craft room many hours a day/night...sitting there watching TV and doing my cutting/sewing/stitching.

I really miss my room. I have a big enough bedroom in my Apt that I can turn into a Sewing/Cutting/Stitching room but first I need to get me a 4 foot Table and I'm going to get it at Lowe's hopefully sometime this summer.

Right now I have my Sewing Machine sitting on my Kitchen Table and I've been doing my cutting using my Kitchen Table with the Cutting Board and Rotary. My Kitchen Table is not very big. It is a oblong Kitchen Table. I will be so glad when I get my 4 foot Table that I want so I have more room to do things with and that I can set my stuff on there and leave it laying out.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Justok
    It is not a shoe holder but a thingy I bought at the Goodwill . I keep my odds &ends like extra blades, pins, needle nose pliers which I assume all quilters need. I have some fabric markers, and my favorite tool a small pair of opera glasses to help me make my quilts look far away instead of squinting my eyes.
    Great idea I usually have that stuff just sitting on the sewing table somewhere instead of it having a home and then I end up knocking them, on the floor, under the table, across the room, etc. The next time I am in walmart I am going to look for something similiar, thanks for the idea

Very neat.

Quote Originally Posted by beginnerquilter
    Thank you Justok....Yep I even had my lazy boy chair in my sewing/craft room with a TV/DVD Player and I use to sit in my Sewing/Craft room many hours a day/night...sitting there watching TV and doing my cutting/sewing/stitching. :)
    I also have a tv in my sewing room. My boyfriend doesn't like Science Fiction and I do! So, when I retreat to my sewing room, I turn on the SciFi channel while I'm working. I especially like Saturdays because the SciFi movies are usually so brainless, I don't have to concentrate on them to be able to follow the story line. Ocassionally, they'll be a really good SciFi movie; then I get twisted trying to do two things at once! :-)

As for getting a 4' table, I'd also check out availability and prices at BJs, COSTCOs, or SAM's Club. I find Loew's rather expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Justok
    Years ago, as part of a sales promotion at Claire's jewelry store, I received a wall hanging organizer that looks very much like your "shoe holder" except the pockets are smaller and it's two-sided. I keep all my extra gadgets, the ones used only ocassionally, in it. I've tried to find another one but no success. :( It's great because it makes everything so visible and close at hand.

Other sewers have suggested getting something similar in a sports department, fishing section. Supposedly, there's a fisherman's version that also has small pockets that is used to store lures, etc. I haven't found one of those, either! You say you got yours at Goodwill which means someone donated it. Wonder where they found it??

Anyone else out there have something similar? Where did you get it? Thanks.

Wow! What a room! I love the cutting/ironing area. I need a big space like that in mine. I also love the design wall!

Lots of storage and very organized. Some day I won't have to share my space with a guest bed.

The small ironing board was a TV tray I pruchased at Wal Mart. I then made a ironing cover for it. It is 26" high and not adjustable. It is very sturdy and I only use it next to my machine. I don't think I can live without anymore. Give it a try it was easy to make because it is rectangled.

table before I covered
    Name:  Attachment-67873.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  41.3 KB

table after I turned it into an ironing board
    Name:  Attachment-67874.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  46.9 KB

Banned
    VERY NICE room :thumbup:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast