Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: my version of calendar sue bonnet block

Cute, cute, & more cute! I couldn't pick a favorite if my life depended on it! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    They are all just adorable :D :D :D They will be beautiful no matter what you decide to do with them :D :D :D

Denise they look great, But hurry up I want November and December. Can't wait any longer.

:lol: ok i'm going to do them today.. hopefully will have them all done today..... doing another project also, so i'll squeeze them in between other projects .... so i'll start with sept .... happy sewing everyone :wink:

This is my third time trying to post a note and pictures...here we go....hope it works this time. I played with the tension on top and also in bobbin..... I'm ready to pull my hair out... :x it still jams, then it sews good and then starts to loop. I just don't get it. If its not doing one of those problems it skips stitches. I changed my needle i just don't know what to do. I love these patterns, i sure won't use the lettering when i make them again. I'm so fustrated and confused... :?: What am i doing wrong? My machine is a janome memory craft 300E, i haven't had it that long. I'm starting to wonder if it was a huge mistake investing to much money into this embroidery thing. Anyhow i'll post the last ones i did, they sure are adorable. Need a asprin....so fustrated :(
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Once again, cute, cute, cute :D I am sorry that you are having so much trouble still..... is it just with that one design program or is it with different design programs, too?

They're all so cute, can't wait to see this put together. Have you decided what you're going to do with them yet? A wall hanging for your sewing room would be nice. Go on treat yourself, you deserve it :P

Thank you ladies for your compliments. Amma my problems are with all of the patterns. I guess i'm trying to hard to get it right, is the only thing i can think of a the moment. I been at it everyday and still the different things go wrong when i emb. them . So i'll just take a deep breath and keep at it, till it comes out right. I can't give up i keep telling myself, its just a machine. Besides i love seeing the patterns when they come out on cloth, and i really enjoy my new hobby. (Trying to create) a quilt. I'm still not sure what i want to make of this, wall hanging sounds good so far. Happy sewing everyone.

tj
    Hi denise and all this is the first time i have been on any kind of message board. so please forgive my miss spellings you all seem helpful and kind to new comers i thought i might be of some help with your emberoidery troubles i use to do embroidery for a living on big 15 head machines..... denise could you take a close up picture of the back of one of your sues and post it so i can see whats going on with your tentions . i did read that you have changed your tentions but you may not have changed them the right way :cry: i love your little sues they are realy cute.. oh one thing you could check :!: seeing that you have been doing a lot of stitching is to clean under the metal tention plate on the bobin i take a small thin needle and slide it from the screw all the way to the end. some times lint and fuz get cought in there and can change your tention with out you even knowing. hope i'll be able to help you more.

:P finally got them done. Still have to play with tension, another day, need a break from it for now. Later on i'll go through my stash and see what i have to put with these Sue bonnets to make a wall hanging. Well off to finish my bom for Sept. Happy sewing ladies and gents.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    You did great!!!! Sue will prettily and proudly dance across your new quilt :D :D :D

They are sooo cute! If you cn't find anything to go with them in your stash, I'll take them off your hands :lol: Good job :thumbup:

Thank you for your offer to help me with my embroidery problems, tj, I have been quite busy last few days. I've signed up for a quilting lesson, so had to go back to shop to pick my material for the class, oh i'm so excited, can't wait to start. I'll be busy again for the next few days, I have to go to another town where i purchased my machine, to pick up my mega hoop. Sorry to have taken so long to reply to your post, so please give me a few days and i'll take pictures of the backing of my work to post on here. Thanks again for your help, happy quilting, Denise.

Quote Originally Posted by vicki reno
    They are sooo cute! If you cn't find anything to go with them in your stash, I'll take them off your hands :lol: Good job :thumbup:
    :lol: Thanks vicki for the compliment, i just purchased a whole lot of new material, shhh hubby doesn't know how much :lol: so i think i have something to go with them now. But i'll keep you in mind if i don't want them.... :wink: Denise

Blog Entries
    thank you for the ideas... I am always looking for some thing for our aunts door in the seniors home...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2