Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My very first quilt block!!! >

My very first quilt block!!!

My very first quilt block!!!

Old 08-23-2011, 12:40 PM

When my youngest went away to college I literally thought I was going to die of a broken heart...I cried for days. Her father and i had divorced when she was 11 and he was out of our life.....she was my life, probably too much so.

Believe me,it got better....I wanted her to come home every weekend, but after a while I was afraid she might come home every weekend !

I was struggling with a new career,feeling so alone and wanting to stay strong and support her.

Really, believe me, really, it does get better; however, at that time no one could tell me that and make me believe it

I had another rough time when she went to Ireland for a semester but again I lived through it.

I never let her know how bad I felt because I didn't wanther to feel guilty about purusing her life and education.

All is well, she graduated in 4 years with highest honors,has a job that she loves ( doesn't pay what she should be making,but loves it and feels like she is making a difference in the world); we live within 50 miles of each other, communicate often and get to visit about once a month.

Stay strong, try and stay focused and stay busy. Believe me,all will be well.