Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Awesome Sharon! Your pinwheel is beautiful.

Somehow, I started on the hearts. Just need to sew the left side to the right side, then sash them and that row will be done. I'll post a picture when I finish them.
    Smiling! thanks Diane. Look forward to seeing yours. Course I still have 8 more snowflakes to do lol.
    Here's what I have so far. I want to make some more hearts, then play with the fabrics to see which ones I want duplicates of.

I love how you made your hearts with other than red fabrics! Gives me ideas for some of the other blocks! :D
    Oh yours look lovely. and thanks .. I am still finding I left out a row of white on the snowflake so will take the boarder off and add that and then will be able to sq it off to 4 1/2"

I look fwd to hearing how it goes with you and the snowflakes!
    goodnight it's bedtime for me.. daylight savings time kills you!

Ok , I took pictures of the Hearts and Shamrocks..
    Oh!! My!! I DO like those
    hearts in hearts" and the shamrock fabric! Good job!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
    Oh!! My!! I DO like those
    hearts in hearts" and the shamrock fabric! Good job!
    Why thank you stitchwitch.. :)

everyone is doing so great really need to take time to get caught up

everyone is doing so great really need to take time to get caught up

Wow! you did a great job! I love them!And your snowflake block came out great!
    I need to get with it soon as Bill has informed us that April is only 2 weeks away! Yikes!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Quote Originally Posted by JanieW
    MaryAnna.
    Sure come on along! We are going on our own, no tour so it will be an adventure for sure.

I loved your BOM. That is truly gorgeous fabric. I will have to save my Euros in case I come across something similar there. We'll have to live on ketchup soup for the next month so I can have Euros for fabric! :)

Off to research quilt shops in Paris!

RoseofSharon, good luck. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.
    JanieW,
    I would love to go, but can't this year...so I expect you to take pictures and post a few. You must visit Montmarte. It is the oldest part of Paris, the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur is beautiful; however, my favorite is on the backside of Sacre-Coeur...St. Pierre de Montmarte , it's the oldest church in Paris and in that neighborhood are some of the oldest restaurants in Paris, you'll also find Salvadore Dali's place & museum. When I went to Paris I too did not go on a 'tour', but I researched and bought a couple of guides. AAA Spiral Guides are good and I recommend National Geographic Traveler Paris guide.
    Ah there's so much to do and see in Paris! One trip is never enough! Do take the water boat tour of the Seine at night, you can catch the boats by the Eiffel tower. And be sure to visit the gardens, they're all magnificent!
    I'm getting long winded!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnna
    I need to get with it soon as Bill has informed us that April is only 2 weeks away! Yikes!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    Thank you Mary Anna! I still have several more of the snowflakes to do yet. Today I had other things that needed doing!

Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    Thank you Mary Anna! I still have several more of the snowflakes to do yet. Today I had other things that needed doing!

There are more important things than sewing?????? :shock:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JanieW
    Sure come on along! We are going on our own, no tour so it will be an adventure for sure.

I can attest that there is nothing more beautiful than April in Paris! My favorite church is Ste. Chappelle. It has the most beautiful stained glass. It is incredible!!

If you get a chance, take one of the tour buses through Loire Chateaus. It is beautiful that time of year. And Chantilly is also beautiful. But best of all, share a kiss at the top of the Eiffel Tower at midnight! The best view in the world!

Oooh, I'm revisiting all those wonderful memories!!

:-P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

There are more important things than sewing?????? :shock:
    Unfortunately not! but the house needed a going over! hehehe

Bill,
    I'm not sure we will get there, but if we do I will surely mention your name.

gai gai, all that you mention is on the list except midnight at the Eiffel tower so I'll pencil that in! We have a day tour of the Loire Valley and threee chateaux all booked. Also planning a daytime cruise on the Seine as well as a nighttime one. We only have 12 days so there's lots to cram in.

Mary Anna, your advice has been noted as well. Great suggestions which we will take.

roseofSharon,
    good for you. Your work is great! I hope to see the rest of those snowflakes soon. You can only do so much Susie Homemaker stuff you know. :)

Blog Entries
    roseofSharon,
    good for you. Your work is great! I hope to see the rest of those snowflakes soon. You can only do so much Susie Homemaker stuff you know.
    JanieW

Laughing here! susie homemaker apologizes .. she will get back to the real work on Friday! It has been a busy week for me, visit with grandson and St Patty Day out and Thursday away yet again! Soooooooooo thinking Friday is a clear to sew! How is the trip.. we want Pictures ! Have fun..
    Sharon

Hey Everyone,
    Ok, so where's everyone's pictures? Anybody get anything done yet? I haven't even started February yet, but hopefully will do so this week.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    PS. Yes, my picture has changed as my Birman cats were adopted by a sweet family. I'm a bird watcher as well and the Carolina Wren is our State bird.

Has anyone added a strip between Hearts& Shamrocks?Looks better I think! Opinions please!!!!neoma

Quote Originally Posted by neoma
    Has anyone added a strip between Hearts& Shamrocks?Looks better I think! Opinions please!!!!neoma
    Hey Neoma,
    Yes, I agree that continuing the strip inbetween would look much better; a sense of continuity.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Blog Entries
    Hey Everyone,
    Ok, so where's everyone's pictures? Anybody get anything done yet? I haven't even started February yet, but hopefully will do so this week.
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    PS. Yes, my picture has changed as my Birman cats were adopted by a sweet family. I'm a bird watcher as well and the Carolina Wren is our State bird.
    We have a (pesky) Carolina Wren in our back yard. I cannot believe that such a tiny bird can make such a loud noise - and especially early in the morning. :thumbdown:

I finished my hearts last night, will post pictures tomorrow. Of course I haven't done the snowflakes yet, but bought a piece of fabric last night to make them with. :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    OK, after the initial fiasco, I've drafted out a paper-piecing pattern for the snowflakes, and made a trial one. It worked great. I'll make a couple of real ones and post a pic, but then I need to work on my IRR center for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by neoma
    I sent an email to Claudia to inquire about the strip as there were no instructions. The answer was to add shamrocks directly to the hearts with no strip.

We can do it which ever way we like, but I wonder then if we will have to take that into account when we get directions for adding the borders when it's all finished.

It's not big deal either way, just a matter of preference and remembering to adjust the borders.

I've been printing the patterns, but so far haven't made the first stitch. Keep those beautiful photos coming. They are so inspiring!

It great that we are all having such a wonderful time..
    With regards to adding the rows..I love the idea of the small strip in between....but for me it will be a preference..in case some don't like that.....but now I hope that I have enough of the backgroup fabric to be able to finish... :-)

great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockeb
    It great that we are all having such a wonderful time..
    With regards to adding the rows..I love the idea of the small strip in between....but for me it will be a preference..in case some don't like that.....but now I hope that I have enough of the backgroup fabric to be able to finish... :-)
    Bill if you bought metres instead of yards, you should be ok. Those strips are pretty narrow and you only have nine more rows to go! :)

Janie,
    I decided to try to do this quilt entirely from my stash..and I just a 2 yard piece for the backing..and now I figure if I'm adding extra rows...I am hoping I have enough - unless of course the calculations also include some of the backing for a border..in which case I can always do a different border...and that will save me :-)......
    I can't wait til next week to get the April directions!!!!!!
    When The May instructions come out I'll be away on vacation..won't get to those til the middle of May - what will I do :-)

Oh Bill , I know how you're feeling. I will be at my Grandkids when April comes out. I'll be able to see it, but I won't be able to sew!! Then I will be in Paris when May comes out. Poor me. Ha ha.

We'll survive , but it's the curiosity of what the rows will be for the next couple of months that will kill me.

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast