Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe >

Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Old 02-17-2010, 06:55 PM

ok people, I am so excited I just got my background fabric today (I am still working on some projects that need to be done first) I will get to the January blocks by next week I hope and I will post pics at that time.....but wait till you see what I got.....its a little different.....but I think very fun!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:01 PM

Hi Daisyboo9,,
Looking forward to the revealing :-)
Old 02-17-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by daisyboo9
ok people, I am so excited I just got my background fabric today (I am still working on some projects that need to be done first) I will get to the January blocks by next week I hope and I will post pics at that time.....but wait till you see what I got.....its a little different.....but I think very fun!
I can't wait to see your fabrics! and your blocks! You really know how to build anticipation!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 02-18-2010, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by MaryAnna
Kittygram, you've got a fast eye! And a quick memory....love your name! You must have kitties about!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Eli & Tuck
I have kitties and grandchildren!!!! The oldest GD "named" me Kitty Gramma even before she was 2 - it was her way of telling her mom which Grandma she was talking about. I have 2 kitties, my ex-MIL has a dog (Puppy Gramma). On the other side there's a "Gramma Mickey", because she likes Mickey Mouse.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by KittyGram
Kittygram, you've got a fast eye! And a quick memory....love your name! You must have kitties about!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Eli & Tuck
I have kitties and grandchildren!!!! The oldest GD "named" me Kitty Gramma even before she was 2 - it was her way of telling her mom which Grandma she was talking about. I have 2 kitties, my ex-MIL has a dog (Puppy Gramma). On the other side there's a "Gramma Mickey", because she likes Mickey Mouse.
Oh how cute! I'll bet she's adorable! and your kitties too!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 02-18-2010, 02:27 PM

Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Eli & Tuck
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Yeah, she's still adorable! She's 6 now, and BTW, she's learning to sew! I'm having a blast teaching her!!!! The kitties, on the other hand, are pains in the behind sometimes!!!!!! But they can be adorable, too.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:21 AM

Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Eli & Tuck
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Yeah, she's still adorable! She's 6 now, and BTW, she's learning to sew! I'm having a blast teaching her!!!! The kitties, on the other hand, are pains in the behind sometimes!!!!!! But they can be adorable, too.
Oh that's wonderful! It's important to continue the craft of quilting, and no other better way than to teach your heritage to your GD! It's a wonderful way to continute on the legacy! And for her to cherish her time with you many years down the road. Our 'fur kids', kitties and pups are our toddlers forever! That's what makes them so special! ;-)
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 02-20-2010, 02:38 PM

SO, how's everyone doing - we have about 1 week left before we get to see the revealing of the March row.....I hope we are all doing well with Jan Snowflakes and February hearts.......
Wishing you all a great weekend!
Old 02-20-2010, 02:51 PM

Greetings Lockeb! Just so you don't think I'm a slacker...I've completed January today! Whew! and Now onto February....
I was wondering if you know anymore info about this BOM, such as are all the rows just added to one another? If so (my guess yes), then this would be a wonderful quilt to do the 'Fun and Done' method or the 'Cotton Theory' method. In other works, cut the batting for each row to the size of the row, then the backing with 2 inches extending all around, then top quilt the row and attach each row by sewing the backing (bringng it forward), then folding it over onto itself. It will give a border of 2" around each row. If my instructions aren't clear, then go to www.baysidequilting.com, and click on the 'fun and done' demo video. It would be nice to complete each row, including the quilting....just a thought.
Here's some photos of what I've done so far....
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

January row
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14867[/ATTACH]

Snowflake block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14868[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-14867.jpe   attachment-14868.jpe  
Old 02-20-2010, 04:49 PM

MaryAnna,
That's wonderful....
I don't know any more about the whole quilt.....I am thinking that since we are addng the February row to the January row with just a think strip of the background fabric in between, I am thinking that this is going to be the norm for this one - it's just what I'm expecting..becaues we are doing a complete row per month - and so far they are themed so it will perhaps continue with the first row being January and the 12th row being December...that's what I am thinking..
I love your idea...but then again the concept could change somewhere long the lines..we never know :-).
Love your snowflakes......
Thanks for posting!
Bill