Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joy
    4 ligia.... now what is the size of the shamrocks please... and what size are the small blocks.. I guess they are appliqued on !!! I am about to cut the shamrocks out but thought I had better check first... thank you.
    Joy,

The shamrocks are not blocks.
    They were appliqued on a strip 4 1/2" wide x lenght of the project (36 1/2 - not sure )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Hi and Happy Easter! It was a lovely day all around, Kids and grandbabies! woot an easter egg hunt and Cake!! lol

Sorry to hear of your bug, Bill. Hoping it is just a cold. Take care and rest.

The lily pattern is fine, I was thinking to do this because, Easter does not always fall in April, but lilies bloom then :)

Blog Entries
    Liga , your months look great :) You have already finished the April blocks!! I have to go buy some yellow , green and white !!

joy
    4 ligie.... thanks for that... I see that they are just over one and a half inches by one and a half inches... just what I needed to know... wonderful...

joy
    4 ligie.... thanks for that... I see that they are just over one and a half inches by one and a half inches... just what I needed to know... wonderful...

Completed my April blocks this morning. I like the look of the Lily block but not sure I like the way my two greens play off each other. Maybe it will blend better when the entire top is complete.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Ligia,
    I was in Venezuela once...on Margarita Island - absolutely loved it...STUNNING!!!!
    Other than that, that's the only place in South America...
    In May it was a choice between Colombia and Cuba...and Cuba won this time - perhaps Colombia next year!!!!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by ligia
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockeb
    Ligia,
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    Thanks, Bill.
    I didnt know you´ve been to Cuba !
    What about South America ? :-D

MaryAnna,
    I was in Dover, NJ....but also visited a couple of the towns around the area...spent Saturday at JERSEY GARDENS OUTLET MALL...my favourite place..was there in September and just had to get back there - I love the DKNY boutique there....great buys :-)

TexasGranny,, I love your blocks..SUPER!!!!

Blog Entries
    [quote=Lockeb]
    perhaps Colombia next year!!!!
    [quote=Lockeb]

Oh well ....

Ligia,
    Are you from South America.....

Senior Member raspberryparade09's Avatar
    I like the idea - a strip quilt - by month. It's on my to-do list!

Blog Entries
    Ligia,
    Are you from South America.....
    Yes...

TexasGranny,, I love your blocks..SUPER!!!!
    Thanks for the kind words, Bill. Maybe you can help.....I lose my side points when I join the blocks. What am I doing wrong?

these blocks are turning out great

TexasGranny,
    I am losing some of mine as well.....could be that we are using more than the scant 1/4in seam....that happens sometimes....also, instead of 4 1/2in Lily blocks, I'm getting 4in. so instead of 8 lily blocks I am making 9 otherwise it just won't look right....

TexasGranny,
    I am losing some of mine as well.....could be that we are using more than the scant 1/4in seam....that happens sometimes....also, instead of 4 1/2in Lily blocks, I'm getting 4in. so instead of 8 lily blocks I am making 9 otherwise it just won't look right....
    Thanks for the tip Bill! I'll keep that in mind when I get to the April row! Dover, NJ is in Morris County, and that's not too far away from the area I grew up in. Ridgewood NJ is just NorthWest of Dover. What did we all do without the Outlets in times past?! ;-)
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna
    PS I hope you're feeling better!

Blog Entries
    Okay, I can't stand it any longer. I have to be part of this group. I have downloaded the four patterns and will start pulling fabric after I get home from work tomorrow. Nice job everyone has done on their projects so far. I'm not looking forward to those snowflakes, but will muddle my way through somehow. I'm looking forward to being part of this group.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Okay, I can't stand it any longer. I have to be part of this group. I have downloaded the four patterns and will start pulling fabric after I get home from work tomorrow. Nice job everyone has done on their projects so far. I'm not looking forward to those snowflakes, but will muddle my way through somehow. I'm looking forward to being part of this group.
    Well Welcome onboard! Can't wait to see your rows! It's a great group with fun loving quilters! A lot of great tips!
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Welcome Judy!! Be sure and show yours!

TexasGranny,
    Thanks for the reply, Bill. I was thinking the same thing. I did manage to get a 4 1/2" block this time.

Lost the thread and had to search for it. Thought I better post so I could keep up with the conversation!

I'm a little behind with my blocks. Just looked at the
    April blocks............I hate lilys. I might substitute Easter eggs or something else.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    :lol: :lol: I love it Judy! So far I've only done the February hearts and I'm very glad I didn't do anything else just yet. I really don't care for cream and white together so I was going to put cream where the white parts are in the January snowflakes. Now that I see the white in the April row, I'm definitely going to put the white in the snowflakes.

Welcome to the challenge! :D

Quote Originally Posted by scrappylouisa
    I'm a little behind with my blocks. Just looked at the
    April blocks............I hate lilys. I might substitute Easter eggs or something else.
    scrappylouisa,
    I hate lilies, too. I have a really bad association with them. I hate to be a rebel but I am going to do crocuses. If you like to paper piece, here's a link for some crocuses that are 4.5" blocks so they would fit.

http://www.azpatch.com/bom/pp2000/patterns/crocus.htm

Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast