Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by ligia
    Missed some points ... :roll:
    Better finishing the row than putting it aside .. :wink:
    Wow, that's great. I haven't done June or (now) July, so I'm hoping my whole effect will be as nice as yours!

Ligia,,,
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Nice job, ligia!! I'm away from home right now but hoping to connect with some fabric and a machine soon. It has been three weeks and I just finished my handquilting project this morning. This is getting serious.

Quote Originally Posted by ligia
    Missed some points ... :roll:
    Better finishing the row than putting it aside .. :wink:
    As always....your quilt top looks fabulous! Just love it, great fabrics and a great job! I'll get around to doing mine soon...
    Kind Regards,
    MaryAnna

Blog Entries
    ligia, your blocks are just lovely and you have already completed July!

Nice job Ligia. I've been visiting my family in Ohio so haven't even picked fabrics for the July row. Will be having shoulder surgery two days after I return home so I'm thinking July and August will be delayed till September unless healing and PT go really well.
    Oh well, it gives me something to look forward to and a goal to encourage me through the PT.
    Smiles and Hugs, Linda aka wildyard

Quote Originally Posted by wildyard
    Nice job Ligia. I've been visiting my family in Ohio so haven't even picked fabrics for the July row. Will be having shoulder surgery two days after I return home so I'm thinking July and August will be delayed till September unless healing and PT go really well.
    Oh well, it gives me something to look forward to and a goal to encourage me through the PT.
    Smiles and Hugs, Linda aka wildyard
    Prayers going up that your surgery goes well and PT goes quickly!

Blog Entries
    Wildyard, Wishing you a speedy recovery and return to quilting! I will miss your sunny disposition here! :)
    Your friend in quilting,
    Sharon

Thanks all for the prayers and well wishes.. I'll work hard at PT and behaving (LOL) so I can be back asap.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, people.
    I made this row kinda of sneaky while you were away bbqueing and celebrating the 4th .. LOL

Blog Entries
    Take good care of the shoulder, Linda.

Summer is a busy time which means time away from quilting. I can't wait to get back home and finish some projects. Like others I may have to complete July and August at the same time..

cjr
    I'm giving this one a go also. To the over achieviers - My impression in reading these directions is not all blocks are same size or follow row assembly pattern. I would hate to sew them together in rows only to have to rip it out. i do enough of that anyways. What is everyone else's take on this?
    Each block pattern so far seems simple emough and I love that they pertain to main event in the month.
    I'd love to be reminded when new block appears.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr
    The instructions come out the first part of the month. Keep this thread on your watch list, and you will be reminded. Bill always posts near the first of the month, to remind us all!! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by cjr
    I'm giving this one a go also. To the over achieviers - My impression in reading these directions is not all blocks are same size or follow row assembly pattern. I would hate to sew them together in rows only to have to rip it out. i do enough of that anyways. What is everyone else's take on this?
    Each block pattern so far seems simple emough and I love that they pertain to main event in the month.
    Now that you are following this thread, you will see when the new one is out as we will be talking about it. Smiles.
    Each row is different in block pattern and in assembly pattern; however, they do come out the same length, so you shouldn't have to worry about needing to rip anything out. Remember to add the backing strip between each month's row as that is a nice touch that helps each row stand apart.

Blog Entries
    Welcome cjr! I can say that if I can get the blocks made, then anyone can! I am new to quilting and have had struggles at times, but I won't give up the battle!! Seriously, I have enjoyed making the rows and have learned some things along the way... also have taken some Advil too! *giggling* Good Luck .. Post when you can..

Sharon

My prayers are with you Linda! for your surgery and speedy recovery! I too am behind, but we'll all get caught up again.
    Blessings!
    MaryAnna

Blog Entries
    I have completed July! :)

Jan.- July
    Name:  Attachment-76299.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  89.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Loking great!!! I can't wait to get to mine. Should be back home Aug 3 or 4. Maybe I can get July and Aug done before I go back to school on Aug 5... Summer break gets shorter every year it seems. Never enough time to get all the quilting done I want. Teaching first graders can sure cut into my hobby time....Ahhh.... retirement sounds better all the time!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGranny
    Loking great!!! I can't wait to get to mine. Should be back home Aug 3 or 4. Maybe I can get July and Aug done before I go back to school on Aug 5... Summer break gets shorter every year it seems. Never enough time to get all the quilting done I want. Teaching first graders can sure cut into my hobby time....Ahhh.... retirement sounds better all the time!!
    Thanks! I am retired but still find it busy in the summer to get to everything too! Retirement in the near future?

Sharon,,that is beautiful - I haven't done my July row yet - perhaps this weekend!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thank you Bill! I am happy to again be caught up. Summer is a busy time, but the weather here has been so hot, so indoor activities have won out! :)

Blog Entries
    Tex Granny, Where in Tex. just curious, I am a retired First grade teacher and also from Tx, how unusual is this. lol. I know how short summers can be when teaching school.Gerbie

I have a question - I am going to do the July row and was wondering - did the other Canadians in this group do the stars or did you adapt a bit of a Canadian look..just wondering if perahps I would change the row again - or just go with the Americana stars....
    I love the look of the row!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbie
    Tex Granny, Where in Tex. just curious, I am a retired First grade teacher and also from Tx, how unusual is this. lol. I know how short summers can be when teaching school.Gerbie
    Gerbie, I live in SW Houston, the Sugar Land/Richmond area. I will be teaching first grade at Fort Bend Baptist Academy. this will be year 20 for me. I plan to retire when my husband does. We thought it would be this year or next but our retirement fund has not grown as fast as we had hoped. We are just glad it is still there at all, if you know what I mean....

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 ... LastLast