Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Need encouragement, I think....with my Trip around the World

i've been quilting about as long as you and i too am working on a trip around the world -funny...anyway, just take it one step at a time and don't feel obligated...it will all come together...it's looking great already!

Hang in there.......it will be beautiful.....keep saying ,I know I can do it

One piece at a time, you can do it!!!

The more you work at it, the more patient you will become. I will keep track of where I am in the project and tell myself that I am 1/4 done, 1/2 done, etc. It seems to help; otherwise, it seems some projects will never get done!

Just wondering... Did you cut out each piece individually? The colors are gorgeous - I am really a fan of turquoise in any shade. Strip piecing can make quick work of a project like this but you are doing great in year #2!

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99
    You might find it easier to match corners by glueing the intersections before sewing. That is what I would do. Take strips to ironing board, put a tiny dot of Elmer's washable school glue inside seam at intersection, then press with hot iron to make it stick. Eliminates the need for pins, and the seams are less likely to shift on you while sewing.
    What a great idea!! Thanks!

Would it help you to take a break from it and do a very simple and quick project to give you a sense of accomplishment (almost-instant gratification) before coming back to it? I think that's what I'd do, but I can't say for sure, since I've never taken on anything this intricate or involved.

Quote Originally Posted by cwessel47
    Just wondering... Did you cut out each piece individually? The colors are gorgeous - I am really a fan of turquoise in any shade. Strip piecing can make quick work of a project like this but you are doing great in year #2!
    No, I didn't cut each piece out individually. This is strip piecing, but it still is a lot more work than I am used to doing!

gosh, when I see these they look much easier than what you posted. When I try mine I think I am going to use 5 or 6" blocks. LOL!!

Dina, I love the colors. Just take your time and sew when you are in the mood. It will come together just fine. I've been wanting to make a TATW, too. I just haven't decided on the colors, yet. Blue-greens are at the top of my list, though. Eiltcoq.

Looks like to is going great! Some quilts just take longer than others.

hey don't push yourself too hard! This is suppose to be fun and a stress re leaver. Do just a few minutes and move on and later back to this one. I get more done this way.

blue my color keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    its going to be gorgeous , my very favorite pattern :thumbup:

Work on it for about half an hour a day. In that little time you can something accomplished. Then work on something small with simple lines. Maybe few four patch blocks that you can later make in disappearing 4 patch. Try it. It does work.

You could have done it many other ways, but it wouldn't look the same. You can do it...don't rush...just think of it one step at a time. If you rush, or don't rest, you can throw off the seams and start to have problems. You're doing so great....keep going. It's going to be really beautiful!

Again I thank you all for your encouragement. I have been working on it in half hour segments of time, and I have almost all of the strips sewn together. Five more seams and then I can sew the main pieces together and decide what border(s) I want.

I am finished sewing for the day though. I will take another picture soon.

Thanks again for all the help.

Dina

Power Poster
    It is looking great. Nice job!

This requires a bit more time to assemble,but when you are done you will not worry about the time it took. Your colors are just beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished.

It's much easier said than done, but hang in there. You will be so proud when you finish. Your colors are beautiful and the more you finish the more apparent the pattern. My first quilt was an Around the World and it nearly drove me nuts till I finished enough strips to see the pattern emerge. It sailed from there and I had a great time with it. Don't get discouraged.

Senior Member The Quiet Quilter's Avatar
    That is going to be one
    beautiful quilt!! I just
    love the colors you chose.
    Don't stop, just take a
    break once in awhile.
    Can't wait to see it when
    finished!! Hugs, Sharon

That is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors.

Blog Entries
    Have you finished it yet? Can you post pictures when you do? It looks gorgeous!

Dina this is just gorgeous. Don't give up, take a break if needed, you can finish it. I made a large quilt using all half square triangles, thinking the whole time I must be nuts to do this. It took a while to get it together but it now is one of my favorites. So hang in there!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AudreyB
    Have you finished it yet? Can you post pictures when you do? It looks gorgeous!
    That sounded rude and pushy. Sorry. I'm your sister and I know you have finished the top. I hope you post pictures...it is absolutely gorgeous!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast