Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Norah's Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt

I too have wanted to make a successful "Grandma's flower Garden" quilt and have tried to cut them out by a cardboard template and have quite a few sewn together but can't seem to get an attractive pattern from them going. Have alot more to do to get to the finished product. Is there a better way for me to cut them out? Plastic template? How do you paper-piece, or english paper piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Norah
    Thank you all for the wonderful compliments. I am flattered.
    English paper piecing - one makes many patterns the size of the finished piece, in this case a hexagon, sew the fabric to the paper, folding back the edges so that there is 1/4" on the back. Whip stitch all of these together and take out the paper if you like. I take them out and reuse them. I also leave them in one the outside row until I join something there. This method insures that your pattern stays squared up, no pattern warping.
    Lots of work, but you can carry a days work in a sandwich bag.

Norah, that is a real gem! It looks like millefleurs enamel work. It sparkles! It was a real labour of love, eh?

A person (like me) would love to try one, but Oh My! It is daunting prospect!

(That is a very tall person holding up the quilt in the completed picture, I think!) http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/3951.page

Blog Entries
    just love them.....

That is so pretty. It looks time-consuming to me. But traditional and so beautiful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2