Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: OH MY GOSH; I DID IT

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    Great job Bev! The first quilt is always special. You remember your boo boos and that feeling of success the most. 5 boxes of fabric- you must have been tickled pink! Like Christmas. Let's see pics of your new stash! Welcome to the addiction!

Barb
    i'm sorting it out now and piling on my folding tables. i'll take a pic as soon as i'm done.

You lucky girl getting all the good fabric and stuff. What a sweet Aunt! I am excited to see it. Again, your quilt is great.

You make me smile. :D Lucky you with the 5 boxes of fabric. Have fun!

This would be a good time to start a quilt diary.

Banned
    Here's some pics of the stuff my Aunt brought over. I'm trying so hard to get that room straightened up. Man I didn't realize all the stuff I had LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Nice stuff. You'll be busy of the next year.

Banned
    some is mine, but most is what i was given. it felt like xmas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Got my new machine and the quilt looked like it NEEDED squares. Not sashing. Sooooooooooo I cut out squares and sewed and all matched up perfect, Ok I'm on a roll, 2nd,3rd,4th row hrmm ok this is cool. Last row , perfect. Hrmmmmmmm lets see, border? How about this way. Het this is fun I say. Before I knew it I was done, but in a way saddened cuz it is done. LOL

I've heard of quilts "talking" to their creators, there's a few ladies here who have written of it happening, and it seems the quilts sure knew what they were talking about! (I'm just a wee bit jealous, since I've not had any such luck.)

Cheer up! With all of that lovely fabric and the stuff you inherited, you've got MORE quilts anxious to speak to you!

Love it! Great job.

Wow, you got a lot. Lots of different patterns and colors too I see. You will be able to come up with all types of projects. Good going.

Great job! It's an adorable quilt, I'm sure she'll love it.

Congratulation...!!!!!! Go straight to making another one....You can do it...lol :lol:

What a sweet and endearing gift for the new little one. Don't forget to attach a label on the back , so that she will always now who it came from and when.

Love your color combo! I know it will be a popular mix. I'm hiding the screen from a little one right now because I already have 2 I'm working on with another 2 planned :lol:

Congrats on your first quilt you did an awesome job, it gave you some trouble but you stuck with it and won thru :thumbup: , BTW, that's some choice stuff you got from your Aunt, I bet you'll have lots of fun playing with it :P

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Got my new machine and the quilt looked like it NEEDED squares. Not sashing. Sooooooooooo I cut out squares and sewed and all matched up perfect, Ok I'm on a roll, 2nd,3rd,4th row hrmm ok this is cool. Last row , perfect. Hrmmmmmmm lets see, border? How about this way. Het this is fun I say. Before I knew it I was done, but in a way saddened cuz it is done. LOL

I've heard of quilts "talking" to their creators, there's a few ladies here who have written of it happening, and it seems the quilts sure knew what they were talking about! (I'm just a wee bit jealous, since I've not had any such luck.)

Cheer up! With all of that lovely fabric and the stuff you inherited, you've got MORE quilts anxious to speak to you!
    I can see me now in a white coat saying hi my name is Bev, I'm a quiltaholic.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
    What a sweet and endearing gift for the new little one. Don't forget to attach a label on the back , so that she will always now who it came from and when.
    In the fabrics my Aunt sent over there was some Ice Cream Cones with PINK Icecream. Not enough to do anything with BUT an idea popped in my head...... Use it for a label. After I get it done, I'll show you what I did

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by retrogirl02
    Love your color combo! I know it will be a popular mix. I'm hiding the screen from a little one right now because I already have 2 I'm working on with another 2 planned :lol:
    YOU GO GIRL....... This quilting sure is fun

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellyQ
    Congrats on your first quilt you did an awesome job, it gave you some trouble but you stuck with it and won thru :thumbup: , BTW, that's some choice stuff you got from your Aunt, I bet you'll have lots of fun playing with it :P
    Thanks Dearheart :)

Woohop!!!! Your friend is going to love it. It is really pretty

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andi
    Woohop!!!! Your friend is going to love it. It is really pretty
    thanks dearheart. its going to her 12 month old girl for xmas

Way to go Bevanger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something tells me by the sound of your words you are just a litttttttttttllleeee bit excited about this!!! :)

Congratulations!! Its a great feeling when you get that first quilt done isn't it!!!! I'm sure you are well into deciding your next 100 projects :) :) :)

The lipped and square rulers are going to make cutting and squaring a breeze - I love mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste

I can see me now in a white coat saying hi my name is Bev, I'm a quiltaholic.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bevanger.. you are not along in the whole Quiltaholic addiction. We are not dealing with our quiltaholic addiction, but most of us also have a double whammy of also being a Fabricaholic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see white men in the white coats coming for me toooo LOL

hee heee wooohooo the weekend is finally herrrreEEEEE... I"m FINALLY leaving the office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    good job bev, now keep on quilting and don,t stop good for you ,if you were my dauther i would be so proud. nellie :D :D :D

Your quilt is great. I wish my first quilt looked that good. Your a natural!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast