Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: OH MY GOSH; I DID IT

Fantastic job, Bev! You have much to be proud of! No doubt it will be a favorite and well loved quilt. Truly an heirloom for one very special little girl!

M

Bev - you did a SUPER job! Congratulations on getting the first top done! It is lovely and I am certain that Maekela (sp)? will absolutely adore it! Way to go girlfriend! Now we will be keeping our eyes peeled for top number 2!!!

Bev, it's beautiful...that's one lucky little girl....it just says, "I'm a cute, little girl..... :lol:

You do have it - the ice cream cone is a super idea, you are on a roll !!

Oh yes, it is. Did you say Christmas???!? You are so ahead of the game. I'm doing a graduation present for my neice who ALREADY graduated LOL.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    Way to go Bevanger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something tells me by the sound of your words you are just a litttttttttttllleeee bit excited about this!!! :)

Congratulations!! Its a great feeling when you get that first quilt done isn't it!!!! I'm sure you are well into deciding your next 100 projects :) :) :)
    Oh yeah. It's an awesome feeling. I've been wanting to do this for years, but always chickened out. Good thing I did find you guys, even tho by accident. You all gave me the encouragement... I'm playing with pinwheels right now. I'm not really sure what I'm doing so that's why I say playing. Thanks for the kind words dearheart... :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nellie
    good job bev, now keep on quilting and don,t stop good for you ,if you were my dauther i would be so proud. nellie :D :D :D
    Awwwwwww thanks hun :oops: *blush

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by donfel
    Your quilt is great. I wish my first quilt looked that good. Your a natural!!!
    Thanks.It was fun....... :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTreated
    Fantastic job, Bev! You have much to be proud of! No doubt it will be a favorite and well loved quilt. Truly an heirloom for one very special little girl!

M
    Thanks dearheart. When I pick up the batting on the first of the month, I'm gonna "hopefully" find some Disney Princesses OR something with Ballet for her 5 yr old sister. I have never met these girls OR there mom but their mom has been an online friend of mine for over 8 yrs. Very dear to me, and always there for me... Heres a pic of a blanket I did cross stitch & embroider on for Maekala when she was first born. It was done on quilted muslin and fabric sewn on back. A sorta kinda quilt,,, :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rein
    Bev - you did a SUPER job! Congratulations on getting the first top done! It is lovely and I am certain that Maekela (sp)? will absolutely adore it! Way to go girlfriend! Now we will be keeping our eyes peeled for top number 2!!!
    Thanks hun, I'm playing with a pinwheel. Haven't quite got the hang of that one yet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan
    Bev, it's beautiful...that's one lucky little girl....it just says, "I'm a cute, little girl..... :lol:
    Thanks dear. It'll be fun when Janelle (mom) sends pics of the girls with them. :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
    You do have it - the ice cream cone is a super idea, you are on a roll !!
    As soon as I saw this cute small bit of fabric, It screamed TAG........... :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by retrogirl02
    Oh yes, it is. Did you say Christmas???!? You are so ahead of the game. I'm doing a graduation present for my neice who ALREADY graduated LOL.
    Christmas in June AND Already Graduated LOL ... We're ok.... We are aren't we? ROFLMBO.... But I figured with me learning, I better start making gifts now. Plus I'm crocheting gifts as well. Please show us your gift when finished.....

I'd be glad to. Hubby put a little design board together for me recently & I have 6 close to 14 inches. I hope to have the top done by the end of summer.....we'll see!! LOL

Bev,

That is so precious. I love the colors. Your friend is going to love it too.

Nanci

Very nice job! I'm sure she will enjoy it twice as much because you made it! It's beautiful, especially for a 1st quilt top! I wouldn't believe it if you hadn't said so!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sewin'sam
    Very nice job! I'm sure she will enjoy it twice as much because you made it! It's beautiful, especially for a 1st quilt top! I wouldn't believe it if you hadn't said so!
    You should've seen my first attempt. :shock: I used sashing. Landed up ripping it apart and doing the blocks. Then it FINALLY came together. Thanks for the kind words

It can be frustrating at times. It's really important to use good fabric but I have used inexpensive stuff & MADE it work!! The worst thing I find myself doing is stretching it while I press the seams! I have ripped out as much as I sewed sometimes!! It does get better! Most of the time, anyway! haha!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sewin'sam
    It can be frustrating at times. It's really important to use good fabric but I have used inexpensive stuff & MADE it work!! The worst thing I find myself doing is stretching it while I press the seams! I have ripped out as much as I sewed sometimes!! It does get better! Most of the time, anyway! haha!
    Oh that's good to know. LOL

Congrats on finishing your very first quilt. You did an awesome job! You must be proud as a peacock. That is one very lucky little lady to be getting that quilt. I know she will treasure it forever.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Congrats on finishing your very first quilt. You did an awesome job! You must be proud as a peacock. That is one very lucky little lady to be getting that quilt. I know she will treasure it forever.
    Thank You. I just gotta doing the batting bit on the first, then I can wrap it. Its for Xmas......

Blog Entries
    nice soft colours

Well done, doesn't it give you a great sense of satisfaction when you finish your first quilt?

Way-to-go!!! What a yummy quilt! You did a great job.....and Maekala is sure to love it.
    Happiness is a form of travel...not a destination.

Blog Entries
    Congrats .... welcome to the "hooked". Very pretty quilt
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast