Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Ok, I needed to think... >

Ok, I needed to think...

Ok, I needed to think...

Old 11-26-2008, 07:08 AM

He doesn't make me feel bad...he understands exactly how I feel. He's just him, that's the only way I can explain it.

BABEEGIRL!! I'M SMACKING YOU!!! CAN YOU FEEL IT!! THOSE CRABS ARE GROSS!!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:11 AM

Love your apron, Terri. And thanks for sharing the pattern. I really like the towel idea!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:17 AM
Banned

Don't ya just love family members like that? :twisted: I really LOVE your apron..... I love the fab too
Old 11-26-2008, 07:33 AM

Send them some of those creepy crawly things you have running around there!!! :lol: :lol: That should make them think twice about wanting gifts!! :lol:
Old 11-26-2008, 07:35 AM
Banned

I bet they'd never say another word about you sending something!

"DUCKS"!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:41 AM

I make almost all of the gifts I give and those that don't appreciate it don't get them. I don't think they would be happy with anything so I'm not wasting my time or efforts.

The office I worked in had a gift exchange and it got so everyone just wanted gift cards. I said forget it. I'm not interested.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:04 AM

I get Visa Cards for the MY kids only because they are so hard to buy for. I do get them a little something else for their stockings.
For the rest of the family? Nope! MIL will get an apron and the rest will get cards.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:05 AM

I love this thread- you're solving my dilemnas. I told family I wasn't chipping in for gifts for Mom and Dad anymore. Not buying anything. If you buy for dad he puts it in the closet and doesn't wear it, then gives it away. Mom will wear it once and give it away (you don't know how TICKED OFF I was when my sister was wearing a dress I bought my Mom- quite expensive and she looked great in it!)

So, I'm saving my money and not buying anything. I don't have in-laws, they exist- but to them, I don't. I wouldn't buy them coal because that has value. I would put some of the stinkiest poo I could find in a plastic bag and wrap it nicely. After 26 years, they still refuse to acknowledge my existence (just got the kids straightened out that Dad isn't going home to Mom anytime soon- yes, she's still waiting for him).

Aw, family. thank God I have you guys for "sisters."
Old 11-26-2008, 08:12 AM

The only reason why I get for the MIL and FIL is because I am the FAVORITE daughter in law. Ok, Im the ONLY daughter in law. lol
And, MIL has a quilt I want. It was made by FIL's sisters, all 8 of them (there are 13 kids in the family), along with Grandmother and 2 great aunts. It's signed by all of them and it's just beautiful! MIL already said I could have it. One day she asked me what it was that I wanted in the house. I told her I wanted the quilt. Ok, I want her emerald too...it matches the bracelet and necklace she got me. :)
So, I stay in the good graces with MIL and the rest of the BIL and SILs, well....they get cards.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:40 AM

I would make a fancy card saying something like "A gift in your honor has been made to <whoever>.

One guy I worked with once was such a whiney-baby, I sent him one saying La Leche League. I found out where they were meeting and brought donuts to go with all that milk. I left a post-it on it with "A gift from " <his name>.

It was worth it, still bringing a smile to my face years later. There are too many ways, that you can combine good intentions and good actions.