Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Challenge Block Swap will be extended March 15th 2009 / update from Bebe 1/18!!

I vote for March, with my mother's passomg it has put me behind. If I really stressed I could finish in Jan, But March will make it a lot easier for me. I want to do a good job on everyone's.

Blog Entries
    Bebe, I understand that life happens..I was just saying that I'm sad that I'll have to wait longer to get everyone's beautiful blocks. Wait if you need to...I may go on and mail mine to you a little earlier than that.(just to feel the success of one more "finished" project going out the door) It sounds like Life happened to a few others too 8)

Bebe-I've had all mine done for a few months, so I am going to go ahead and mail them to you.

Thanks for the Christmas card.k I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

yes ladies a few of us have not finished so I have extended till March and all blocks need to reach me by the 15th no later if you want to recieve your blocks also.. Which means the deadline is in March or sooner if possible. For those that have already finished just send your blocks and a book of stamps and I will hold on to all of then umtil all blocks are recieved. Thanks ladies for your understanding!!!! :D :D :D

I'm still going to mail on the 15th of Jan. I could lose them by March!

Darn, I had a really cool plan for my blocks, but it can wait until then! I also made 1 of each for me, but it will become a sampler throw for one of the endless reunion quilts.

Barbm

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    I'm good with waiting until March 15th. It will give us some time to settle down after the holidays and get things organized and accomplished without the rush.

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking that I will use some of these to make raffle quilts for our local humane society. They are trying to build a shelter. I think that I will use about 6 of these blocks and then will applique some blocks varying in size..3", 6" 12" with dogs/cats on them...mix them all together and violla' a raffle quilt will be born! I think I'll have enough blocks..I may do 1 dog and 1 cat even! This extra time will let me get the applique blocks ready before I get my blocks in :lol:

Bebe,
    For some reason I haven't been getting emails of new postings!? & just thought I better check what is going on! March is really good for me as well, I have 9 blocks finished but my husband fell on Nov 30th & has been hospitalized ever since. Things came to a screeching halt with that & Christmas.
    He is 3 hours from home but is 30 min from our daughter so I have been spending the weekends there & coming home so I can work during the week. They are saying he probably will not be able to walk again but we hope that's wrong. He is only 53 but his health is very poor due to an immune deficiency.
    Jo

Okie Dokie!!! :D :D

here is 3 in College's Memory block
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice - looks a lot like mine.

Blog Entries
    That one for 3incollege is really pretty. I enjoyed doing that block

mgrhs, Thank-you I just love my block!

Bebe,

I have all of my blocks completed except one and I am working on it today. I will send them as soon as I finish the last block.

Shirley

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am glad that the deadline is extended.... good intentions and all, I am only halfway finished with my blocks. Right now I am in Denver at the Western National 4-H Roundup where my daughter has just competed with her "Quick & Easy Quarter-Square Triangles" demonstration. She used the "Quick Quarter" ruler by Quilters Rule, and did a wonderful job. I love that my girls are as interested in quilting as I am. I will post a picture when I get back home, then get busy on the rest of my blocks.

Barbsbus here is your block..I have to redo it becasue it is not the correct size...are these colors OK or do you want me to change it?

Barbsbus block it is a little faded in the photo
    Name:  Attachment-22458.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  52.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mgrhs
    Barbsbus here is your block..I have to redo it becasue it is not the correct size...are these colors OK or do you want me to change it?

That is beautiful! Thanks. I like the bright colors.

Hello ladies,

Just wanted to touch basis with all of you. I have really busy lately and have not been on the board much. I am in the middle of a diet and execising. I want to loose 50 pounds by the end of the year. I have been heavy for many years and want to stop growing sidways. :D :D
    wish me luck that I can make it. I have lost a few pounds and am around 40 pounds away from my goal!!!!!!

Any of you ladies wanting to send blocks now are welcome to just let me know. Sorry to have been away so much.

Thanks for all your hardwork and devotion!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Its nice to see you back Bebe. Best of luck to you with the weight loss...you need to stop saying diet...it has to be a lifestyle change. Thats what I keep telling DH...he needs to lose quite a bit. I keep trying..he is not ready to change his eating habits though. Sounds like you are on the right track! Way to go on the great start!

I bought stamps to get mine ready to send and may get them out this week. I'll pm you when they go to the PO.

Hello ladies you can send your blocks as you complete the 12.
    Today I recieved BettLove's packet. Thanks Bett!!!!

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    some blocks done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sandpat recieved your packet of blocks a few days ago.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for letting me know Bebe.

Collette..your blocks are really pretty!

Just wondering how everyone is doing? Haven't seen a post in awhile. Bebe - has everyone been checking in like you asked? I've had my blocks done for quite some time but haven't mailed them - waiting to see if evryone finishes! :D

I have not been on the boards for a long time, sorry. I have been dealing with family issues.

I am sort of back to normal now, as normal as it goes these days lol. I have to admit that I am WAY behind on this. I only have 3 done. I will try my hardest to get them going.

I look forward to catching up with all my quilting friends.

Tricia Foley

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast