Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Paducah Quilt Show

Each one is my fave until I see the next. I especially like the close ups. That's when I am really awed. Thank you for posting the pictures.

The beautiful Willamette Valley in Oregon
    Thank you so much for sharing all these gorgeous pictures! In this post you mention having the book from this show. Once Upon A Christmas Night, Santa Claus Has Come To Kirara's Hometown, Smiles and The Loading Dock are all so special. Did Sieglinde Schoen Smith happen to be the artist who produced Once Upon A Christmas Night? I ask because the work looks a lot like a quilt she made for a book titled Mother Earth And Her Children. And was Smiles all embroidered pictures or were they all appliqued? Does the book say if the artists who produced these 4 quilts were all from the same guild or area of the country? I think the only quilt I didn't care for was the man on his bed, even though it was so much work to produce it. I wish these quilts were going to tour the US so we could all see them up close-as long as we wore bibs so we didn't drool on them. Hope to see more postings from the show & thank you again for sharing these. Your DH did a great job of taking nice clear photos.

Awesome quilts!!! Thanks for "taking us along."
    :-D :-D :-D

Yes, Sieglinde Schoen Smith was the quilter. It was her "look" and detail. It was gorgeous.

The show hopefully will only operate as separate venues for this year due to the flood closing of the convention center. The prize winners and big time vendors were in the Pavillion white tent building downtown. Close quarters but doable. The classes and exhibited wall quilts were in a big church. The rest of the vendors were in the empty Circuit City and Office Max right next to the Kentucky Oaks Mall. So there were only a couple of changes to the free bus schedule and you could still get around by bus.

Eleanor Burns tent sale was the BEST place to get fabric. $5 was the highest price for cotton and $6 for batiks but there were all kinds of discounts and coupons all over (even on her website). She had three locations and all had the sale fabric and great choices. Her show was so funny and almost an hour and a half long. Lots of techniques shown.

Hancocks was disappointing for their warehouse sale. Did not buy anything and this has never happened before. The price for the warehouse flat folds was $5.98. Dont know if he reduced it for Saturday but the choice was poor. Full retail price on his store fabric but he had a lot of newish fabric. A few could be found at Eleanors.

Weather cooperated while the show was on with only a few light showers and a lot of sun. We got fantastic service all over (Bob Evans was the exception) and met some wonderful people. The bakery downtown had the best sandwiches, salads and bakery goodies. Next year I plan on eating here more than once.

We made our reservations for next year.

My sister-in-law worked at the show and said they had everything all set up when the storm warnings came so they had to take everything down and move it over to another building away. She worked for hours and hours to set it up and then that. The show was a success but boy, I'll bet most didn't realize all that had to be done.

Yes, no one got away with not moving all their stuff. From the show to all the vendors, it was a difficult time but they did a great job.

Thanks for letting me share Paducah. I want to go so bad.

Blog Entries
    WOW!!!!! :shock: I will NEVER be able to do that!!! Those are so beautiful. I especially LOVE the first one! ;) :thumbup: Thank you so much for sharing your pics with us!!!

You are very thoughtful to give us a view of the beautiful quilts!
    Thanks

Beautiful quilts! Thanks for sharing!

Everytime I see the quilts at these shows, I am in complete awe of there work, and don't feel that no matter .how much I quilt. I will never be able to achieve there greatness. I will keep on quilting, but these people have definite artist talent The pictures they complete are gorgeous, but thr quilting is amazing. I have a fun quilter and I ususally do pantgraphs, cause i;m afraid to do freestyle and goof up the top .People are always telling me how great my quilts are, and they are pretty ''

Everytime I see the quilts at these shows, I am in complete awe of there work, and don't feel that no matter .how much I quilt. I will never be able to achieve there greatness. I will keep on quilting, but these people have definite artist talent The pictures they complete are gorgeous, but thr quilting is amazing. I have a fun quilter and I ususally do pantgraphs, cause i;m afraid to do freestyle and goof up the top .People are always telling me how great my quilts are, and they are pretty ''

Everytime I see the quilts at these shows, I am in complete awe of there work, and don't feel that no matter .how much I quilt. I will never be able to achieve there greatness. I will keep on quilting, but these people have definite artist talent The pictures they complete are gorgeous, but thr quilting is amazing. I have a fun quilter and I ususally do pantgraphs, cause i;m afraid to do freestyle and goof up the top .People are always telling me how great my quilts are, and they are pretty '' :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for sharing that show is on my wish list>

Once Upon A Christmas Night was done by Sieglinde Schoen Smith from Carlisle, PA. Santa Claus Has Come to Kirara's Hometown was done by Ayako Kawakami, Funabashi, Chiba, Japan, Smiles by Sieglinde and The Loading Dock was done by Mary S. Buvia, Greenwood, In. Because I had to be in a scooter during the show, I could not go to all of the buildings. I did not see the quilt "Smiles". I tried to enlarge it to see if I could tell if it was embroidered. I could not tell. It is not listed under the category of applique so it may be. It did not look like it was applique. Perhaps some of the others who attended could answer this question. The only reason I posted the picture of the man entitles "On My Bed #3" is that it looked so real. It was not one of my favorites either.

Quote Originally Posted by Karenn
    Thank you so much for sharing all these gorgeous pictures! In this post you mention having the book from this show. Once Upon A Christmas Night, Santa Claus Has Come To Kirara's Hometown, Smiles and The Loading Dock are all so special. Did Sieglinde Schoen Smith happen to be the artist who produced Once Upon A Christmas Night? I ask because the work looks a lot like a quilt she made for a book titled Mother Earth And Her Children. And was Smiles all embroidered pictures or were they all appliqued? Does the book say if the artists who produced these 4 quilts were all from the same guild or area of the country? I think the only quilt I didn't care for was the man on his bed, even though it was so much work to produce it. I wish these quilts were going to tour the US so we could all see them up close-as long as we wore bibs so we didn't drool on them. Hope to see more postings from the show & thank you again for sharing these. Your DH did a great job of taking nice clear photos.

WOW!!! Beautiful quilts.

Stunning quilts!! What intricate work.

Those quilts were amazing and outstanding. Lots of talent in just the ones you've posted so far. So far out of my leaque I can only stand in awe with my mouth open. lol.

Blog Entries
    Wow what beautiful quilts

Thank you for taking the time to post the pics. I wanted to go but time is always an issue with 2 boys, the hubby, and the pup.

Thank you for sharing

Thank you for sharing

Thanks so much for your photos - what works of true art. Would love to see more. It is just incredible the talent folks display. I'm just a quilter as well - but oh how I love to look! Thanks again for taking the time to share.

I will be posting more, but due to my work schedule, it will take a little while to do this. If anyone else wants to post on this thread any quilts that I have not posted, please feel free. My quest is to just share the beauty as best as I can with all of my friends and family on this board.

Thank you for sharing. Will be watching for more if you are able to post them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast