Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pics & Whine

I've finished the "kid" quilt with the patchwork machine embroidery blocks to which I referred when I asked about FMQ gloves in Oct. 3 post. Below should be pics if I follow the posting instructions correctly. I have closeup pics of the individual patchwork critters, too. Let me know if you want to see them and I'll upload 2 or 3 at a time.

I tried some FMQ on the quilt, but had to take those stitches out because they made the blocks flat and stiff. A child's quilt should be soft and cuddly and most especially for this child; he is very ill. In lieu of FMQ, I stitched around each of the 25 patchwork designs, right at the embroidery edges and did random machine tacking on the remainder of each block. Now the quilt looks dimpled, like it needs to see a good dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

In the course of quilting, I said many rude things to and about my sewing machine, its manufacturers, designers, engineers, and company sales personnel. In spite of my machine's orneryness, I like the finished quilt and feel confident that little Joshua will like it also.

Thanks for looking! Weezie
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's absolutely ADORABLE! I love the matching pillow too...great job! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Really cute quilt! How old is Joshua? I know he will love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Really cute quilt! How old is Joshua? I know he will love it!
    Thanks! Joshua is 2 and lives in a different state. I've never met him but we keep in touch with his grandparents, friends for the past 4 decades.

Blog Entries
    That is such a cute quilt!!! He's going to love snuggling up in it!! :D :D

That is so cute. I love the pillow to go with it. I bet he is going to love it.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great quilt! I like how every other block is outlined in fabric. There must be some properly quilty word for that but I don't know it. :)

What a cute and cuddle Quilt, it is so cute, love the matching Pillow
    He will adore it I bet, and it was so sweet of you to do it for that little guy. :)

That's a lot of work doing all that embroidering, but it's spectacular. You must be a patient person.

I really like the way you done it an I bet he'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    Great quilt! I like how every other block is outlined in fabric. There must be some properly quilty word for that but I don't know it. :)
    Thanks! One of the reasons they are done that way is because I had large designs and small ones. The small ones are the "framed" ones. The little fish on the pillow was intended for the quilt originally, but it was way too small but too cute to waste and I had just one small pillow form in my stash, so it was perfect match. I embroidered a colorful dragon also, but I didn't like it when it was finished; it didn't "work" in the quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
    That's a lot of work doing all that embroidering, but it's spectacular. You must be a patient person.
    Thank you.

Nope! What I am is a determined person. I rarely let anything or anyone get the best of me ... and this is NOT always a good thing!

Weezie, I think your work is beautiful .... He will love cuddling up with this.

cute quilt and pillow!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie
    In the course of quilting, I said many rude things to and about my sewing machine, its manufacturers, designers, engineers, and company sales personnel. In spite of my machine's orneryness, I like the finished quilt and feel confident that little Joshua will like it also.
    He will love it!! And I cant help but to laugh at the fact you ripped everyone who had anything to do with your machine. :lol: I have a tendency to do the same thing if I have to work on my DD Honda or if I have to work on anything inanimate.

Maybe thats why I do not own any electric sewing machines.........

Billy

The quilt is beautiful. You have a very big heart and he is going to love it.

:D :D

I hop the little fella gets well soon. :cry: :cry:

OMG that is just too cute! Wonderful job!

Quote Originally Posted by joeyoz

I hop the little fella gets well soon. :cry: :cry:
    I sent an e-mail to his grandparents this evening telling them about the quilt and asking for info. that I need for the quilt label and info. about his older brother, so I can enclose a gift for him. His grandma called me on the telephone when they got the e-mail. It seems Joshua is allergic to almost everything, both food-stuffs and air-borne, so he is extremely delicate internally and externally. But what he has is great heart and a happy, loving personality ... in short, a beautiful child. I always cry over any child who is very ill or any who are neglected or abused. I don't begin to understand child neglect or abuse and I thank God for the caregivers who love and tend sick children.

Weezie, you are one of the caregivers with all the love and work that went into your lovely quilt.

Blog Entries
    Your M.E. quilt, turned out so pretty!! :D
    I just love the designs & the colors you
    used in making the blocks. It will be quilt
    for him to treasure forever!! Great Job.
    :D :D :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    I think it came out great! We're always so much more critical of our work than the recipients are. Nice job! :)

Blog Entries
    What an adorable quilt. I love it and so will Joshua. He is going to love cuddling up in it. You are not going to be abble to take it away from him.

Banned
    that is so adoreable. i love the matching pillow. great job!

Thank you all for the kind things you have said. I see many quilt pictures that you share with the rest of us, but shame on me, I do not often send a note to say how much I love the quilt(s) and appreciate the pics. Please know that I really enjoy seeing them even if I don't always say so.

Blog Entries
    Awww he is going to spend hours snuggled in his quilt and looking at all of the incredible embroidered animals!!! The pillow is adorable too!! :D :D :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast