Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Potholders and wallet >

Potholders and wallet

Potholders and wallet

Old 09-05-2010, 12:47 PM

Well, I spent 10 hours on this Quilters Wallet -- and will never make another. A friend gave me some material and the pattern and wanted me to make one for her. I decided that I should start with a practice one (since the material she gave me is not my style and looks far too expensive to screw up!). Well, the directions are not very clear and I am not that good a seamstress -- so it's OK for me, but I wouldn't give it to anyone! And I tried my best, but know my limitations as a seamstress! So she gets her material and pattern back!

The pot holders were a video from the board I watched -- and they are great! 10 minutes and you're done! My daughter is thinking of painting her kitchen apricot, so I thought this might help her try it out!

Thanks for looking!

Apricot Potholders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111811[/ATTACH]

10 hour quilters wallet -- directions are very bad
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111812[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-111801.jpe   attachment-111806.jpe   attachment-111807.jpe  
Old 09-05-2010, 12:54 PM

I think you did a great job on it , nice pot holders too. The first of something always takes longer to make, so the second will come together faster, hopefully.Congrats :thumbup:
Old 09-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Power Poster

thanks for your review. it looks fine to me.
aren't those potholders great. made a bunch last night for my moms bd and today for my dmil bd.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:06 PM

Nice Jobs.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:08 PM

Looks like a lot of work went into that wallet - you did a good job!
Love the apricot!!
Old 09-05-2010, 01:09 PM

Did you know that if you make them 5" instead of 10", they make great coasters? Another quilting friend was thrilled to find out how to make the potholders...and I was glad for the coasters size!
Old 09-05-2010, 01:11 PM

Good job! I tried that wallet and have to say, it is really a nice finished wallet if I ever finish it!! My friend did one and it is so cute, too. I will post a pic when I finally finish mine.

Originally Posted by LastGrandma
Well, I spent 10 hours on this Quilters Wallet -- and will never make another. A friend gave me some material and the pattern and wanted me to make one for her. I decided that I should start with a practice one (since the material she gave me is not my style and looks far too expensive to screw up!). Well, the directions are not very clear and I am not that good a seamstress -- so it's OK for me, but I wouldn't give it to anyone! And I tried my best, but know my limitations as a seamstress! So she gets her material and pattern back!

The pot holders were a video from the board I watched -- and they are great! 10 minutes and you're done! My daughter is thinking of painting her kitchen apricot, so I thought this might help her try it out!

Thanks for looking!
Old 09-05-2010, 01:11 PM

Did you know that if you make them 5" instead of 10", they make great coasters? Another quilting friend was thrilled to find out how to make the potholders...and I was glad for the coasters size!
Did you know that if you make them smaller and round a wine glass will slip inside them.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Did you know that if you make them smaller and round a wine glass will slip inside them.
Yep, that's what my friend was commenting on when she told me they start out with 5" squares!
Old 09-05-2010, 01:13 PM

I made some and they are very useful, but a little more fiddly than the square ones.