Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   "After the Fire" - An art quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/%22after-fire%22-art-quilt-t141103.html)

lfstamper 11-09-2011 05:18 PM

Very stunning! Nice job.

redquilter 11-09-2011 05:29 PM

You are such a gifted artist. Your interpretation of the picture is just beautiful.

eimay 11-09-2011 05:31 PM

Amazing; beautiful color play.

QM 11-10-2011 01:28 AM

I love them both, but especially your interpretation.

Crafty1 11-10-2011 04:03 AM

It's gorgeous! As always, your work is absolutely beautiful!

Gleniveve 11-10-2011 04:10 AM

"AFTER THE FIRE" - An Art Quilt. "WHAT AN INSPIRATION"

When I first saw your tree I said out loud "Wow - what beautiful colours" and then decided to scroll down and have a look at the larger picture. Your quilt is so gorgeous. I thought to myself - "I don't really need to do any overall quilting - I will be quite happy with all my pieces and joining them in different designs, a bit of trial and error, so to speak. I enlarged your picture and discovered all the smaller designs within the other designs.."Poof" just like magic. I was hooked like a floundering fish. Now I am going to have to experiment with a similar design and learn how to do what you do. I was ready to curse you but now I am all excited as you have given an old girl a new challenge. Thank you so much. Your "Quilt of the Week" is absolutely beautiful. There is nothing like finding something new to tackle to spark up your life and enthusiasm. Thanks for sharing. LoL Gleniveve

k3n 11-10-2011 04:15 AM

I don't mind being cursed - especially if it leads to inspiration. :p

I look forward to seeing what you come up with! :)

When I first started FMQ I looked at Leah Day's site a lot - daystyledesigns.com - great design ideas plus excellent video tutes for every single one! In fact, I still go there for inspiration if I get 'quilter's block'.

Originally Posted by Gleniveve (Post 4660156)
When I first saw your tree I said out loud "Wow - what beautiful colours" and then decided to scroll down and have a look at the larger picture. Your quilt is so gorgeous. I thought to myself - "I don't really need to do any overall quilting - I will be quite happy with all my pieces and joining them in different designs, a bit of trial and error, so to speak. I enlarged your picture and discovered all the smaller designs within the other designs.."Poof" just like magic. I was hooked like a floundering fish. Now I am going to have to experiment with a similar design and learn how to do what you do. I was ready to curse you but now I am all excited as you have given an old girl a new challenge. Thank you so much. Your "Quilt of the Week" is absolutely beautiful. There is nothing like finding something new to tackle to spark up your life and enthusiasm. Thanks for sharing. LoL Gleniveve

djmoon 11-10-2011 04:47 AM

Beautiful - You did great quilting on it too.

suezquilts 11-10-2011 05:29 AM

Beautiful Great Job Wonderful
what more can someone say?
I do love Leah Day and as a LAQ with a Statler, I purchased her e book, so much worth it. Also FMQ is so much easier now with all these books out there that give you an idea that you can turn into your own style.
enjoy!

lizzyq 11-10-2011 05:33 AM

Lovely art work and quilting!