Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   "I Love Springtime" Mini (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/%22i-love-springtime%22-mini-t31450.html)

n2scraplvr 12-12-2009 08:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This mini was made to practice HQing feathers and showcase at the same time some vintage fabrics which I love. The blocks I used were rescuedfrom a "pass-it-on WIP" someone did as a hand-pieced 48" table runner. It was passed to the seamstress who passed it to us in the scrap bags she gave my family for quiltmaking. They were mismatched in size and design. I undid the piecing of the ones I wanted; pressed them, used one block to square all the others up to 3" for new life in my mini.

I added the borders next. Then I simply flipflopped a semi-circle cardboard template for outlining the scallops. Next I MQed the spine and drew my feathers in the scallops with a blue pencil. When finished HQing, I soaked the mini for a few min. in cold water to release all the blue marks.

I rescued more blocks to make hairbows and attached them. Will use the rest of the blocks in other ways too!

Hope you like the mini I made from someone else's WIP. Here are the "before" and "after" pics. Have a merry Xmas. everyone!

n2scraplvr 12-12-2009 08:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The first pic was the "before" and the second pic was the "after" and the third pic was a partial view of the mini. Next I wanted to show a pic of some flowers in crochet I placed on the blocks with berry stamens in the ctrs. I was going to use. Then decided I didn't want to camouflage the nice vintage fabrics so left them in plain view.

Here are the tiny flowers on the blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58653[/ATTACH]

I added borders and quilted it next
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58654[/ATTACH]

The mini with a 7 inch chopstick on it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58655[/ATTACH]

n2scraplvr 12-12-2009 08:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Next is a close up of the tiny scalloped feather stitching that as you can see I need more practice with.

That's all - merry Christmas to each and everyone!!

close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58656[/ATTACH]

close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58657[/ATTACH]

other half of mini
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58658[/ATTACH]

sharon b 12-12-2009 09:01 PM

Nice job ! And I am glad you didn't cover the fabric with the flowers :mrgreen:

amma 12-12-2009 10:43 PM

It is so cute!!! I think you did a wonderful job on this :D:D:D

Bevanger 12-13-2009 06:17 AM

great job!!!!!!!!

sandpat 12-13-2009 06:54 AM

Really cute! Love that you re-lifed the fabrics!

beachlady 12-13-2009 07:16 AM

That really is tiny. You did a great job on it.

n2scraplvr 12-13-2009 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Nice job ! And I am glad you didn't cover the fabric with the flowers :mrgreen:

Me too! It's not everyday you find authetic vintage in your stash! No cover for these blocks! Thanks, sharon b!!

:-D

n2scraplvr 12-13-2009 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by amma
It is so cute!!! I think you did a wonderful job on this :D:D:D

Thanks, amma!!! ;)