Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   "Trip around Cobly Knob" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/%22trip-around-cobly-knob%22-t40391.html)

Pamela Artman 03-22-2010 08:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I made this quilt on a quilting vacation in Gatlinburg with my girlfriend. We made several trips to a quilt shop in a nearby town and we drove through Cobly Knob. I loved the name of the town, it just made me laugh every time I saw the sign, so I named my quilt after it!

craftybear 03-22-2010 08:09 PM

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Toto's Mom 03-22-2010 08:12 PM

Gorgeous!! Love your choice of colors, too.

Lisanne 03-22-2010 08:15 PM

Wow, do you know how to make fabrics work together! It practically shimmers when I look at it.

Quilting Nonnie 03-22-2010 08:32 PM

The name is great and I love the quilt! One of my high priority quilts to make is a trip around the world. You inspire me!

danmar 03-22-2010 08:33 PM

That is really pretty! You sure get alot done on your quilting vacations! :o) I really like this one.

Pamela Artman 03-22-2010 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by danmar
That is really pretty! You sure get alot done on your quilting vacations! :o) I really like this one.

Our quilting vacations are so much fun. I'm blessed to have two great quilting friends and each year, we pick a different location and off we go! We visit every quilt shop within an hour and a half distance as well as a few on the way there. We do a little bit of sight seeing, try to hit a winery, and spend the rest of the time sewing! This year we are going to Maine! Can't wait to pick up fabrics there and make a Mariner's Compass/Storm at Sea quilt!

Gramof6 03-22-2010 09:20 PM

This quilt is just gorgeous! Love your fabric choices. And your trips sound fabulous.

wvdek 03-22-2010 09:22 PM

Beautiful and I also love your avatar pic.

danmar 03-22-2010 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pamela Artman

Originally Posted by danmar

Our quilting vacations are so much fun. I'm blessed to have two great quilting friends and each year, we pick a different location and off we go! We visit every quilt shop within an hour and a half distance as well as a few on the way there. We do a little bit of sight seeing, try to hit a winery, and spend the rest of the time sewing! This year we are going to Maine! Can't wait to pick up fabrics there and make a Mariner's Compass/Storm at Sea quilt!

That sounds like alot of fun, both having friends to quilt with and doing the vacation together, and hitting all the quilt stores!
Have fun in Maine. Make sure you post the pictures of your vacation quilt. I love Mariner's Compasses and someday plan to learn to make them. Is a Storm at Sea a different quilt or just another name for a Mariner's Compass? Enjoy your trip!!!