Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   "When The Cold Wind Blows" Applique (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/%22when-cold-wind-blows%22-applique-t26000.html)

Skeat 09-24-2009 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've promised to post the only 2 blocks I have finished in this book:)(Third one is getting pinned as we post!)You can find the book at pickledish.com (kc books) I love this quilt and the blocks are about 22 1/2" each. This is my first for real appliqued quilt...may not be perfect, but, it has been much fun! So all that are too scared to dare....do it!:)It is addicting:)Skeat

Skeat 09-24-2009 03:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And, the second one....oops, I see the first one isn't a really clear pic..oops:) maybe too much coffee??Oh, and the first block is called Hedge Apple...isn't that too cute?!

Ninnie 09-24-2009 03:41 PM

I love both of them!! Can't wait to see more!

estherblair 09-24-2009 04:29 PM

Love your squares i know your quilt will be greatttttttttttttttttttt

sewnsewer2 09-24-2009 04:34 PM

Good job!

Marcia 09-24-2009 04:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Skeat---they are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!! You are doing an awesome job!!!

Okay, everyone---I am the one who asked Skeat to post these. Tisha (quilter1962) and I are going to be doing this quilt too. We have already purchased the book and all the fabrics. But, I have several other projects that need to be finished before I start, so it may be January before I do my first block. I am not sure when Tisha will be starting.

This is going to be my first needleturn project too, but I picked it because the pieces are large and very do-able. Each block is 28" square and the quilt finishes at 84" square. The patterns and directions are very clear and easy to follow.

So---I am going to throw down the gauntlet----anyone else want to do this with us????? If Skeat does not mind, I am going to post my finished blocks in this thread too.

Here is what the book looks like
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48717[/ATTACH]

This is the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48718[/ATTACH]

Skeat 09-24-2009 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Skeat---they are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!! You are doing an awesome job!!!

Okay, everyone---I am the one who asked Skeat to post these. Tisha (quilter1962) and I are going to be doing this quilt too. We have already purchased the book and all the fabrics. But, I have several other projects that need to be finished before I start, so it may be January before I do my first block. I am not sure when Tisha will be starting.

This is going to be my first needleturn project too, but I picked it because the pieces are large and very do-able. Each block is 28" square and the quilt finishes at 84" square. The patterns and directions are very clear and easy to follow.

So---I am going to throw down the gauntlet----anyone else want to do this with us????? If Skeat does not mind, I am going to post my finished blocks in this thread too.

Come on Tisha...why wait?!! Start prep work today!! You will be so happy to do so!! And, yes, you better post them here!! We will work our newbie applique together...and anyone else out there!! It will be fun and maybe we can keep ourselves motivated:)This is Skeat here...that has too many projects always at the same time.....keeps quilting fun and exciting and not all the projects are easy to travel....which makes for another project...why wait???!! It will be fun!! Thanks for posting the info too! Skeat (and, thanks for the compliments everyone....!)

CajunQuilter2 09-24-2009 05:57 PM

Wow Skeat, those are awesome. Way over my head at this point for sure.

Skeat 09-24-2009 05:58 PM

OOps...I thought Tisha had the too many projects....come on Marcia!!! As they say in Missouri...'just get'r done'!!:)LOL That makes three of us already!! Wahoooo! Let's hope more shake their bolts!!!LOL

earthwalker 09-24-2009 05:58 PM

They look really good, can't wait to see more pics....love the colours too.