Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   "Witherspoon" Quilt Racks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/%22witherspoon%22-quilt-racks-t89043.html)

RNUNU 01-09-2011 02:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Re: My posting of "Family Heritage - Postage Stamp Quilt"

There have been many-many compliments on this Picture/Posting .... and "Thank You" for each and every oneof them.

Questions were asked relating to my old "Witherspoon" Quilt Rack, that I made. I had been looking for an old "witherspoon" ... (They were used to hold a mirrow over the top of chest of drawers and/or old wash stands, that held a bowl and water pitchure.) .... to make a "wall quilt rack" with. I thought I was going to have to the whole chest of drawers, just to get the witherspoon .... but at a local Monday Night Auction, low and behold there were "two" (without the chest/wash stand) up for auction .... and I GRABBED both of them. The bigger one was from an old chest of drawers ... the smaller one was from an old wash stand. I aquired an old Gramma's Flower Garden piece that I hand quilted and finished .... the pictures below show the results of the smaller "witherspoon" .... which is on display in my living room.

Hanging on the wall over an old "music stand".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]156831[/ATTACH]

The old "Gramma's Flower Garden" piece.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]156833[/ATTACH]

ann clare 01-09-2011 02:53 PM

Beautiful

RNUNU 01-09-2011 02:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by RNUNU
Re: My posting of "Family Heritage - Postage Stamp Quilt"

There have been many-many compliments on this Picture/Posting .... and "Thank You" for each and every oneof them.

Questions were asked relating to my old "Witherspoon" Quilt Rack, that I made. I had been looking for an old "witherspoon" ... (They were used to hold a mirrow over the top of chest of drawers and/or old wash stands, that held a bowl and water pitchure.) .... to make a "wall quilt rack" with. I thought I was going to have to the whole chest of drawers, just to get the witherspoon .... but at a local Monday Night Auction, low and behold there were "two" (without the chest/wash stand) up for auction .... and I GRABBED both of them. The bigger one was from an old chest of drawers ... the smaller one was from an old wash stand. I aquired an old Gramma's Flower Garden piece that I hand quilted and finished .... the pictures below show the results of the smaller "witherspoon" .... which is on display in my living room.

The following are pictures of the Larger "witherspoon" as a Quilt Rack. Look closely and you will see where I added "round extensions" to the witherspoon ..... so it would project out away from the wall ..... to allow hanging a quilt on it.

harvsstuff 01-09-2011 03:11 PM

Its a beautiful piece. My dh is a woodworker and I just showed him the pictures and said add it to my list. They are unique pieces, and boy do I love them.

Qbee 01-09-2011 03:23 PM

Wow! It really is wonderful!!

azwendyg 01-09-2011 03:28 PM

What a great idea! I'll be keeping an eye open for some of these!

wolph33 01-09-2011 03:34 PM

love it

quiltinggirl 01-09-2011 03:34 PM

Beautiful indeed!!

annieshane 01-09-2011 03:35 PM

You hit the jackpot. All are beautiful!

RNUNU 01-09-2011 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by harvsstuff
Its a beautiful piece. My dh is a woodworker and I just showed him the pictures and said add it to my list. They are unique pieces, and boy do I love them.

Denise --- I LOVE your Avatar ..... and especially the "Kitty Kat"!