Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   1.5" Mini swap--photos added 3-16-11 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/1-5%22-mini-swap-photos-added-3-16-11-a-t42414.html)

n2scraplvr 04-11-2010 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Great tips, G! Love the 9P's in charms. An even faster way would be to chain-sew pairs of your trio sets together and lastly add the final trios. I love all the different fabrics you're using there. Is your swap limited to charms only or are there repeats and solids in with it? Being in a mini swap is a fast way to accumulate fabs for a charm quilt! Keep showing us your progress! :D :D

n2--I do sew the first three pairs of the 9P and then add the third square. When each set of three is sewn they are still hooked together.
Check the swaps section. Missi has "instructions" in the first post. Collect 50 different fabs for a set, request the number of sets you want to swap and send that many sets to her. She'll do the switching and send you the number of sets you sent here. Last time I sent 4 sets--plan to do 6 the next time.
Got all the 9P sewn this afternoon-32; now to press and sew the three seams to finish. G

Oh, I see. You are webbing yours, right? Since they are hooked together, it is a great method. I haven't tried that yet. BH of Quiltville does that too! Yes, I had read all the instructions before on the swap but never saw where you could repeat a fabric in your batch or put solids in. I don't think it specified "charms only." Wow, you are really on a roll today with the 9P's! We'll be looking for your finals soon!
:D :D

zz-pd 04-12-2010 09:24 PM

thank you for the tip, cant wait to see that one done. Penny

mrspete 06-03-2010 12:39 PM

Your project will be exciting to watch being put together, please, keep posting as you go.....giggle, I'm nosey!

Originally Posted by oksewglad
1. Notice the flannel backed table cloth square. Works great to pile several unsewn patches. I can play around with the placement when the grands are here and still watch them.
2. I don't cut the 3 sections of three apart; I can press them before final sewing when the grands are here. Having them all together saves lots of lost pieces LOL

dkabasketlady 06-08-2010 08:15 AM

Great job so far! I just love the EB style, it saves time, keeps parts together and saves thread! I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

oksewglad 06-08-2010 07:42 PM

Hey thanks all--won't be long and I can put together more 9 patches. I'm getting 6 sets this time--so that's 300 squares divided by 9 is enough for 33 + blocks and if I add fabrics of my own--well who know's how big this will get!

sharon b 06-11-2010 10:45 AM

How is it coming along ?

jljack 06-11-2010 12:45 PM

I use that Eleanor Burns technique, too, and find that the blocks go together really fast this way. Keeps the little squares together throughout the whole sewing process. I'd like to see this quilt done. Thanks!!

oksewglad 06-11-2010 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
How is it coming along ?

In limbo--I'm waiting for a squishy of squares :lol:

sharon b 06-11-2010 09:11 PM

Ok was just checking in :lol:

SulaBug 06-11-2010 11:11 PM

I am so glad to see how you are using your 200, 1.5 inch mini squares!! Your 9 patches look great, so far. Please keep sharing with us, as your project grows!! Great work!!
:D :D :D :D