Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   11 quilts in 21 days What I have been doing lately. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/11-quilts-21-days-what-i-have-been-doing-lately-t83098.html)

smitty 12-16-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
willferg.
I know that one of them is going to a friend who is having a double mastectomy in January. I may save one or two of the baby quilts for friends of my kid's that are having babies. I will probably donate several of them to my guild for the charities that we support. I was at a guild meeting yesterday and we gave over 300 quilts away (we do this twice a year) to various charities and seeing the "Parade of quilts" being given away has again made me want to donate more.
I have barely considered selling on etsy. Maybe here too, but then again, maybe I will just give them all away!!!

so many beautiful florals--you might check with local cancer center to see if they would want them for their patients during treatments. to use & re- use---or better yet, to go home with the lady. what a warm feeling in your heart.
you are a worker !!

TexasSunshine 12-16-2010 07:50 PM

Love your quilts, they do look like a easy pattern.

wraez 12-16-2010 08:46 PM

You are a crazed driven woman!

All those quilts are wonderful but the one with the Asian floral fabrics is calling me by name. Love it.

Now I really feel guilty that I don't get more quilts done in less time.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

IBQUILTIN 12-16-2010 08:50 PM

All are lovely, but, when for goodness sakes, did you get some sleep?

Jim's Gem 12-16-2010 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by wraez
You are a crazed driven woman!

All those quilts are wonderful but the one with the Asian floral fabrics is calling me by name. Love it.

Now I really feel guilty that I don't get more quilts done in less time.

Ok, three of them have Asian florals in them. And all three of them also have Asian fabrics on the back as well. You should see the beautiful fabric on the back of the largest quilt (last one)

wraez 12-16-2010 09:14 PM

The red and purple Asian quilt, guess the gold edging is what draws my eyes to it every time.

Love all Asian fabrics and quilts. Yours are really lovely.

seasaw2mch 12-16-2010 09:15 PM

Great job! They look great too!

Jim's Gem 12-16-2010 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by wraez
The red and purple Asian quilt, guess the gold edging is what draws my eyes to it every time.

Love all Asian fabrics and quilts. Yours are really lovely.

I have that same floral fabric on the back. At one time I got a super deal on that fabric and bought 15 yards (the whole bolt) of it. It is a really pretty fabric and I hated using it on the back.

rona thickpenny 12-17-2010 12:02 AM

crickey , when do you eat and sleep. you did a wonderful job , it`s a shame the response was so poor.

ladyshuffler 12-17-2010 12:28 AM

Awesome.................to do all of that in such a short period of time. You are to be commended my friend!!