Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   14 Year old Haley, an avid Harry Potter Reader, Makes a Magical Quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/14-year-old-haley-avid-harry-potter-reader-makes-magical-quilt-t200940.html)

lovetosewstudio 09-19-2012 12:12 PM

14 Year old Haley, an avid Harry Potter Reader, Makes a Magical Quilt!

4 Attachment(s)
The Making of Haley's Magical Harry Potter Quilt
This Harry Potter quilt was made by fourteen year old sewer, Haley. An avid reader and a fan of the series, Haley has sewn at Love to Sew studio for three years. She has attended every Harry Potter book release party the studio has hosted, where she made Hedwig stuffed animals and HP tote bags, among other projects. Inspired by her love for both the books and movies, the quilt has rows consisting of alternating fabric prints of the cover illustrations and film posters spanning Harry’s seven school years. Each row has a house crest and a pinwheel colored in Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, or Ravenclaw colors. In the center, all the house colors combine under the Hogwarts crest. The boarders are made in a magical, twinkling blue print, not unlike Dumbledore’s eyes.

The center and focal point of the quilt has a quilt block using a piece of fabric from each house color with a center HOGWARTS patch that she appliquéd on.

When Haley designed this quilt she thought of every little detail. This shows in her rows of each house wherein each quilted pinwheel block the fabric matches the colors of the house patches she purchased and stitched on.

The quilt has seven rows, each row representing a book.
In the end, blue thread was used for the quilting with a loopy-star stitching pattern.
I ask Haley if someone offered her $1,000 for her quilt would she sell it. She said not in a million years, and that: "It is a one-of-a-kind quilt handmade each stitch by me that took me almost 8 months to make, and I designed it all myself!"

Diane007 09-19-2012 01:02 PM

nice shades of blue

BettyJean 09-19-2012 01:27 PM

I love Harry Potter! She did a wonderful job!:thumbup:

GreatStarter 09-19-2012 02:17 PM

As a true Harry Potter lover this quilt is spectacular!!! Please let Haley know how very impressed I am with the thought she put into every row of her quilt. It's wonderful!!! Wish I lived close enough to see it in person.

Kat

quilts4charity 09-19-2012 03:04 PM

Wonderful, I love to see young folks quilting...tell her it's awesome!!!!!

Peggy Jeanne 09-19-2012 03:07 PM

She did a wonderful job!

QuiltnNan 09-19-2012 03:09 PM

nicely done

alfosa421 09-19-2012 03:52 PM

Future ribbon winner in the making.outstanding work!!!

jojosnana 09-19-2012 04:13 PM

Sew cool. I love it!

Grandma Bonnie 09-19-2012 05:29 PM

That is a wonderful quilt this 14 year old made! She should be very proud of it! Great job & it is beautiful!