Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   1st Finished Quilt in 3 years, pattern from Dunster (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/1st-finished-quilt-3-years-pattern-dunster-t318718.html)

Snooze2978 07-18-2022 03:18 AM

1st Finished Quilt in 3 years, pattern from Dunster

2 Attachment(s)
Finally, after so many years after starting this pattern I was able to gift it to the couple I made it for. They had picked out the fabrics from my stash I don't know how many years ago. Had troubles figuring out how to finish the corners but finally made a paper template and used the leftover cream colored scraps. Then it sat hanging for I don't know how many years before I finally got up the nerve to custom quilt it. Then my robotics started having issues so had to wait over a month for that to be fixed. Had troubles with the quilt pattern I chose even after the robotics was fixed so took it into a quilting program I use and dissected it and then put it back together so it stitched out better. Had more jump stitches this way but stitched out much, much better. Don't know how many times I had to rip out stitches on this quilt due to the way it stitched out and/or the robotics but it's finished and gifted as of yesterday. The couple was very happy to receive it and I'm so happy it's out of my house and was well received.

Love the pattern and of course I can't remember the name of it but it was created by our own Dunster here on the site. There was nothing wrong with the instructions either, it was just me trying to understand them. I love log cabin patterns so when I saw this one I knew I had to try it.

The photos doesn't show the thread in it's true color as the dark thread is actually a burgundy. These blocks are huge too. Somehow I'd forgotten to make up the binding when I was making the quilt so after it was quilted I had to search for fabric that was close to one of the fabrics used in the quilt. All the fabrics had been pretty much used up.

Don't know how many hours went into this quilt but I'm pleased with how it finally turned out after so many problems, mainly operator's.

Thanks Dunster for such a wonderful pattern. Think this quilt came out somewhere around 105 x 105.

MamaLinda 07-18-2022 03:35 AM

Just a Wow! What a journey for you and your special couple.

farmquilter 07-18-2022 03:44 AM

I made that pattern a very long time ago and the name is Chrysalis. I made mine as a wedding gift but was sent out to be hand quilted.
Your color choices are great and good to hear it finally has gotten to its new home.

my-ty 07-18-2022 04:55 AM

Beautiful job and lovely pattern. It's on my bucket list.

QuiltBaer 07-18-2022 05:06 AM

Your quilt is gorgeous. Don't know if I could have given it away!

cashs_mom 07-18-2022 05:07 AM

Wow! That's beautiful! I'm sure they'll treasure it!

SillySusan 07-18-2022 05:24 AM

WOW!! That's beautiful! I can see why it took so long to be completed! It is so beautiful and complicated!! Congrats on completing this. It would have taken me at least a 100 years. What talent you have!

Tartan 07-18-2022 05:26 AM

Beautiful! I really like how you did the corners it highlights the wonderful center!

EmiliasNana 07-18-2022 05:42 AM

Just stunning and your quilting is outstanding.

tallchick 07-18-2022 06:04 AM

Simply spectacular! I have hd my eye on this pattern forever, I may just splurge. You did an amazing job, congratulations!