Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2010-2011 IRR III Centers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2010-2011-irr-iii-centers-t59819.html)

montanablu 07-08-2011 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
It looks like it was worth the three week wait to me.

I agree --- the leaves really add a nice touch! And they don't need raked! :thumbup: :lol:

sandpat 07-09-2011 05:22 AM

Fabulous addition Leota!

Audball 07-12-2011 06:38 PM

Could you please share about these great maple leaves in the border. Did you manipulate the fabric somehow?

Leota 07-12-2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Audball
Could you please share about these great maple leaves in the border. Did you manipulate the fabric somehow?

They were suppose to be 7.5" blocks but NONE of them were the same size... sooo I rotated them 90 degrees and then put a strip of the burgandy either on top or bottom and then i put the burgandy between each maple leaf block...
Is this as clear as mud? The printed part of the leaf is a striped leaf pattern green, orange, yellow, reddish,

Chigger Holler Quilter 07-20-2011 04:15 AM

Leota....I'd say that gorgeous maple leaf border was worth the extra three weeks! I love it! :) Great job with color and pattern.

Leota 07-20-2011 05:27 AM

Thank you.

I just wish I knew where my two centers were. I know where they are suppose to be but I haven't seen one of them since round 2 and the other one since round three. It's frustrating that people don't at least communicate with the owners of the round they are working on to let them know the centers arrived safely and/or if they are having life issues. It's easier to cope with when there is open communication. Dropping off the face of the earth is not polite and spoils the fun for everyone else. Thanks for letting me rant...

maine ladybug 07-20-2011 05:52 AM

I understand your frustation and know that there have been issues with other groups too. I hope you'll get it resolved soon so you won't be left wondering much longer.

Originally Posted by Leota
Thank you.

I just wish I knew where my two centers were. I know where they are suppose to be but I haven't seen one of them since round 2 and the other one since round three. It's frustrating that people don't at least communicate with the owners of the round they are working on to let them know the centers arrived safely and/or if they are having life issues. It's easier to cope with when there is open communication. Dropping off the face of the earth is not polite and spoils the fun for everyone else. Thanks for letting me rant...

Chigger Holler Quilter 07-21-2011 07:51 PM

Oh, Leota....I am so sorry! I've sharred in some of those same frustrations! I'm anxiously waiting for a post of my 2nd center. I haven't seen it since the first border was added; at least I know that it's safe! I wish I cold help you!!! Take care and be sure to let us know when it turns up! {{{HUGS}}}

Thank you.

Chigger Holler Quilter 07-21-2011 08:01 PM

Here is a link so you can check out my second center: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-60003-41.htm#3754481

Lori L 07-25-2011 02:01 PM

Thank you.

I know your center which has been with OKDarla won't have a pic posted until the next round. She doesn't have a digital camera and isn't able to post pics of her work. Patience...it's a virtus :)