Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2nd spicy spiral table runner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2nd-spicy-spiral-table-runner-t218776.html)

IBQUILTIN 04-12-2013 09:24 PM

Nice blending of color, the more of the spirals I see, the more of them I like

Linda-in-iowa 04-13-2013 04:59 AM

I love it, but I have a question. How did you get such nice sharp points when you finished it? There doesn't appear to have binding on it so I'm assuming you must have turned it right side out.

Annz 04-13-2013 01:55 PM

That is really nice.

SHELTIE'SMAMA 04-13-2013 02:25 PM

Nice choice of colors. Have bought the ruler and pattern but can't do it just yet. Need to finish up a couple of other things before I venture into this. Mine is going to be blended beige thru browns to black and is going to hang on the wall. This pattern fascinates me. I first saw it done in Christmas fabrics two years ago and the I'm still intrigued by the colors and the shape. Would love to see a picture of the back side to see how you quilted it. That's the only part that I don't have worked out in my brain.

thimblebug6000 04-14-2013 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SHELTIE'SMAMA (Post 5998739)
Nice choice of colors. Have bought the ruler and pattern but can't do it just yet. Need to finish up a couple of other things before I venture into this. Mine is going to be blended beige thru browns to black and is going to hang on the wall. This pattern fascinates me. I first saw it done in Christmas fabrics two years ago and the I'm still intrigued by the colors and the shape. Would love to see a picture of the back side to see how you quilted it. That's the only part that I don't have worked out in my brain.

This is the back of the 1st one I did, it has warm and natural batting & lays the flattest. The others have Hobbs 80/20 and I found I had to block the table runner after quilting it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]408047[/ATTACH]

thimblebug6000 04-14-2013 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Linda-in-iowa (Post 5997531)
I love it, but I have a question. How did you get such nice sharp points when you finished it? There doesn't appear to have binding on it so I'm assuming you must have turned it right side out.

I just stitched it at ¼" all the way & left an opening, trimmed the seam off at the point to the stitch line.... then trimmed away the batting in the seam, leading up to the point & turned them. I spent time fussing with getting the point turned out, using a chopstick and then rolling the point back & forth with my fingers & I think this helps a bit.

debcavan 04-15-2013 03:59 AM

Wonderful,love the colors.

eunice drew 04-15-2013 09:47 AM

love the colors. It would be great to do one of these before jumping into a bargello.

thimblebug6000 04-17-2013 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by eunice drew (Post 6003427)
love the colors. It would be great to do one of these before jumping into a bargello.

Actually I didn't find it anything like a bargello to make, because it's a wedge ruler you're using to cut, not regular strips. I have taught myself to use a rotary cutter with either hand and that was a real plus in this pattern. You need to cut on both sides of the wedge & the top & remove your piece, leaving the rest of the strip set on the table. If you had a table you can walk around then you're lucky.

craftynell 05-07-2013 11:19 AM

WOW!!! Great colors.